Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Grin System of a Down !
Posted 2005-11-26, 03:10 AM
HAS THE 2ND half completion of Mezmerize/Hypnotize out.

Wow, listening to it on the way home, sucked ass seriosuly. I was expecting something else, something with substance. Something with meaning, a reason to even buy it. And of course, I didn't catch into it right off the bat. (Figuring the subliminal bullshit messages would have to catch up to me).

Next morning going to girlfriends I give it a second shot, Wow. Totally different listening experience. I don't know if my mindset was different because I was looking forward to where I was going, but every song was clicking in my head and it was bliss all the way there.

Songs like Attack have such a great riff to them and the sound flows perfectly. Then Dreaming rolls in next, starts off alright, basically sounds to me liek they're talking about being schizophrenic. Which isn't a suprise.

#3, Kill rock 'n roll is funny to listen to. I think it's great SOAD is taking this stand saying they feel like assholes for killing rock n roll :P which is hilarious. We've all probably heard hypnotize, talking about well, being hypnotized. (*Basically this whole album is in a way talking about war / being drafted / all political bullshit*)

Stealing society is alright, another filler song in my opinion, Next. Tenative, I like this song alot, just the harmony of daron and serj singing is great. Skip two songs to Vicinity of Obscenity.

Where to start. This is the greatest song SOAD has ever written/recorded.

For no reason I say that, but I can't quit listening to it. It's the stupidest fucking song I've ever heard in my entire life, and I love it. But the song goes at a mild pace, speeds up, HYPERSPEED, slows down, and about half way through, completely changes up, and throws in some humorous lines about learning defeat from whores with bad feet.

Shes like herion from what i've heard has been disliked and liked, it's either you like or you don't. Personally, I do, it once again doesn't really have to do with anything, sounds basically with a filler, (which it is). But then again, the whole CD is filler.

Lonely Day is probably the most EMO song they've ever written, it isn't too bad, but theres always one on any given CD of theirs.

And to top it off, they finish the Album with Soldier Side. The actual song part of it, ending off with the chorus

"Welcome to the soldier, where theres noone here but me. People....all grow up to die....there is noone here but me. (repeats...)"

Great CD. I recommend Both Mezmerize and Hypnotize. A very good investment of 30 bucks.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-11-26, 12:40 PM in reply to D3V's post "System of a Down !"
I listened to it once, I wasn't impressed. Maybe if I listened more I would like it, but I don't plan on buying it.

Mezmerize kicked serious ass, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2005-11-27, 01:00 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "I listened to it once, I wasn't..."
great cd- loved it in the car when going 80
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-11-27, 02:18 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "great cd- loved it in the car when..."
System of a Down is horrible. It's like all the members of Green Day had a stroke and are now even more retarded, which I didn't think was possible. That's what System of a Down is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-11-27, 06:14 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "System of a Down is horrible. It's..."
Can someone mail me this cd? They dont sell it out here in Kuwait =( Ill send you 15 dollars via paypal if you do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-11-27, 03:41 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Can someone mail me this cd? They dont..."
You might be able to buy it off their site www.systemofadown.com and have it shipped through there.

And Mantra, grow up bro. You cannot compare EVER green day to SOAD. Though both band's lyrics aren't the best, musically SOAD puts green day to shame.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-12-03, 01:21 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "System of a Down is horrible. It's..."
I love how SOAD makes their music sound. It may not be for everyone but it appeals to me at least.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-11, 11:13 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Can someone mail me this cd? They dont..."
Army doesn't let you download warez?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2005-12-23, 06:48 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Army doesn't let you download warez?"
I'd like to hear this but I can't justify spending my hard earned cash supporting a publishing company.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-23, 07:48 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'd like to hear this but I can't..."
i saw them last week @ acoustic christmas, they were pretty fucking good live, but i still think NIN was way fucking better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Gsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Gsus

Posted 2005-12-23, 11:25 PM in reply to Gsus's post starting "i saw them last week @ acoustic..."
i wiwsh i could see them live
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-12-29, 03:09 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "i wiwsh i could see them live"
Coheed and cambria!!!! That is all i have to say!
Out in this cold hearted world is a warm sense that comes from only one. It is true cause his name states what kind of person he is. With honor comes glory and with glory comes GLORY GAMER
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
glory_gamer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenglory_gamer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

glory_gamer

Posted 2005-12-29, 05:07 PM in reply to glory_gamer's post starting "Coheed and cambria!!!! That is all i..."
Coheed F'ing owns. I personally like "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3" the most.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2005-12-29, 06:43 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Coheed F'ing owns. I personally like..."
Jamesadin said:
Coheed F'ing owns. I personally like "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3" the most.
I like their music too
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2005-12-29, 07:46 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "I like their music too"
Well, I'm gonna throw in my two cents because I got money for Christmas.

Basically, arguing over bands is stupid(this was more a discussion, but anyway.)

It really all comes down to what kinda of music you like and want thier message applies to you.

I love SOAD because of thier abstract writing, political message and thier overall heavyness. I can tolerate Coheed etc. because of thier musical talent. I can't stand NIN because thier I either, ignore thier message or don't get it.

I enjoy heavy metal because I use it to cope if I'm pissed. Because my life is insane, I enjoy SOAD.

But what I can't stand is little bitchy EMO kids crying about some girl. Life goes on! You just cut yourself to draw attention to yourself! STOP BEFORE I KILL YOU!

But music touches one aspect of humans that cannot be pushed aside. Our souls. No matter what religious beliefs you have, humans have a soul and music can touch it. Love can touch it.

If you don't feel any love from music, you are sad, my friend...

Or deaf... whichever one...

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD CHRISTMAS!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2006-01-04, 03:33 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Well, I'm gonna throw in my two cents..."
Type all that stuff and no one replies... either a sign of excellent writing or despise...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2006-01-04, 03:36 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Type all that stuff and no one..."
Wed-G said:
Type all that stuff and no one replies... either a sign of excellent writing or despise...
And Sum Yung Guy if they don't ship to Kuwait I'll send you a copy. Just send me a self-addressed envelope. I'll do it for free, book and everything. Email me and I'll give you my address. Wed-G
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2006-01-04, 09:54 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Well, I'm gonna throw in my two cents..."
Wed-G said:
Well, I'm gonna throw in my two cents because I got money for Christmas.

Basically, arguing over bands is stupid(this was more a discussion, but anyway.)

It really all comes down to what kinda of music you like and want thier message applies to you.

I love SOAD because of thier abstract writing, political message and thier overall heavyness. I can tolerate Coheed etc. because of thier musical talent. I can't stand NIN because thier I either, ignore thier message or don't get it.

I enjoy heavy metal because I use it to cope if I'm pissed. Because my life is insane, I enjoy SOAD.

But what I can't stand is little bitchy EMO kids crying about some girl. Life goes on! You just cut yourself to draw attention to yourself! STOP BEFORE I KILL YOU!

But music touches one aspect of humans that cannot be pushed aside. Our souls. No matter what religious beliefs you have, humans have a soul and music can touch it. Love can touch it.

If you don't feel any love from music, you are sad, my friend...

Or deaf... whichever one...

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD CHRISTMAS!!!
Good post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2006-01-11, 11:12 AM in reply to glory_gamer's post starting "Coheed and cambria!!!! That is all i..."
glory_gamer said:
Coheed and cambria!!!! That is all i have to say!
I love Coheed and Cambria there one my favorite bands I like the album of theirs The Second Stage Turbine Blade.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2006-01-17, 04:58 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "I love Coheed and Cambria there one my..."
quikspy67 said:
I love Coheed and Cambria there one my favorite bands I like the album of theirs The Second Stage Turbine Blade.
I got their fourth cd, and suprisingly, I like it. Thats all I've listened to for about a week.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G