Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post Weak MF sorc
Posted 2003-08-12, 12:55 PM
My mf sorcs are always really weak. The only reason that my current one is succeding is because she has fucking hexes on. It's starting to piss me off. Without hexes I cant even get to meph, much less kill him. I'm lvl 82. I don't even have that much mf. I just have no defense. Help?
My mf gear is:
Shako
Skullders
Lidless
Ali baba
Goldwrap
War Travs
Chances

Ya so obviously I don't have ALOT, But I did make a MF baba once and he was HELLA weak too. He had a shit load of MF though. Help?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-12, 01:33 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
Don't uses Baba, use an Occy, only 50% less mf, but the skills, resists, and stat points are key. Get a Mara's, perfect preferably, and instead of using straight up mf gear like chances, goldwrap, and war travs, use items with more resists on them, especially cold and lightning for Meph.

You need at least like 40 or so in resists, about 35 on mastered skills after gear, and with about 1000+ life and 1000+ mana, you almost can't die... Fuck dex and str, so only enough to wear the gear (This is why some use Viper Magi over Skulldirs, because Skulldirs is like 98 str compared to the 40-50 or whatever Viper is...)

I don't know what else to tell you, maybe your technique is just not prefected yet. Good luck, any more questions?

Oh, and what realm? If on East, I have a BOAT FUCK LOAD of shit you can use, since I don't play anymore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-08-12, 01:51 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
Nope I'm on West. Shitty. THNX though. With my occy I have about 12+ resist in hell. With a wizard spike I have obviously like 65+. I have a 1000+ mana but when I made this sorc I wasnt the most experinced D2 player so I didnt really give her vit. So I'm kinda fucked on health, although if I got to lvl 99 I'd be ok since im only 82 now...I have a maras already I think its on my zon, So i'll do that and then use my occy, and play around w/ grear and try to get resist ect...thnx
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-12, 06:50 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
Well if you are in east put a con ring and a occy ring, it should solve the problem. Uswest got them too right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-08-12, 07:39 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
Ya they do, but I should have mentioned I'm legit...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-12, 07:44 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
dont feel lonely my sorc is a level84 and I still have problems with meph runs. The sorc I use is all legit also. Try lidless shield with perfect diamond to boost your resist or you will never get to meph.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zman

Posted 2003-08-12, 07:49 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
Isn't there jewels that do better resist than P diamonds?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-12, 08:58 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
I thought jewels were only 15%.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-08-12, 09:54 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
Jewels are only 15 resist, but putting an Um/Jewel will only give you 1 more resist than a PDiamond, and it is much cheaper to just use the Diamond. I haven't played in months, so I'm not 100% positive about those numbers, but from my recollection , that is right.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-08-12, 11:25 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
ok i have a solution to your sorce not being strong enough to even make it to meph, get to like level 90 something and invest your stats in dex so you can block with your stormshield(no need to ask of course you would be wearing one for the 75% chance to block mephs orb of death). with 75% chance to block meph will never touch you
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-08-13, 01:45 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
Just wear occy and tals belt and have positive resists...I was level 73 and did well against meph and pindle....Block helps but it isnt really needed. Also wear perfect maras. My friends sorc is just like your except he uses occy and perfect maras. Or why not just wear tals set. except the mask and orb.

EDIT: Titus hook me up with a lil sumtin sumtin s(._.V hehe

Last edited by Pekson; 2003-08-13 at 01:50 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2003-08-13, 06:48 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
PM me and when I get back from class today, I'll make a mule account for you and PM you back the name and password. In the PM, put what type of stuff you want, but don't go over board, for I don't even really know what I have anymore, and I already gave Doofus first dibs of just rummiging through it and taking whatever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-08-13, 07:34 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
just in case u didn't know u can kill meph from afar (using firewall)..the bridge method. that way..meph will NEVER hey you. and on your last hit..just switch to your mf gear.
What is this!?! A center for ants!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2003-08-13, 12:38 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
all u need is a stormshield and tgod(optional).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iusetobekool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniusetobekool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iusetobekool

Posted 2003-08-13, 01:44 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
Huh...Lotsa good options. Thnx. My friend uses a SS, but he sucks cause he still has no resist...Especially PvP. So I'll invest in Tal's belt, use my occy, get a maras....Sweet. I'll go try it right now!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2003-08-13, 03:49 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
I prefer using Travs,frostburn,tal belt,armor,ammy, lidless or ss or rhyme, sojs or nagel rings - or a duped dual leech with mf, 09 shako, and occy with a +15% res all jewel, and then make up for resist with charms.

Thats just my take on it though
Guns don't kill people. I do. Guns just make it faster.

-Uber Sig Coming Soon To A Forum Near You-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mountain_Screw is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMountain_Screw is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mountain_Screw

Posted 2003-08-13, 11:22 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
that works, but kaneda said legit sorc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zman

Posted 2003-08-13, 11:43 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
My legit mepher setup had:
Topaz Shako
Skullders
Goldwrap
2x Nagels
Rhyme
Gull(or Occy later)
War Travs
Maras

And in weapon switch:
Wiz Spike
Moser's Blessed Circle with 2 pdiamonds.

Switch from Spike/Mosers to MF for last shot, never had a problem unless you got a 28.8
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-08-14, 05:22 AM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
It's only mf doesnt have to be fully legit unless you pvp with it....You dont have to torture yourself over being legit only for MF. Its PVP you should be legit in not really in PVM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2003-08-14, 01:52 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Weak MF sorc"
I do PVP. Heh. And plus I don't wanna get fucked when the patch comes out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda