Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Super Ghouls n' Ghosts
Posted 2007-08-30, 12:07 PM
So, I downloaded this one on Virtual Console a few weeks back, and I'm 99% done. However, I do not foresee myself surmounting this landmark anytime soon.

Let me ask the populace: has ANYONE here ever beaten this game? I'm at the last real level, and I can get myself all geared up for the boss; Gold Armor, Goddess Bracelet, Sun Shield, ka-pow! But, the asshole is impossible to fucking beat with the shitty-ass endgame weapon you're forced to use.

It's frustrating as hell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2007-08-30, 12:10 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Super Ghouls n' Ghosts"
Is it the same as the SNES version? If so, I might be up to the challenge. Can't say I've ever done it before though, never played the game much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-30, 12:14 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Is it the same as the SNES version? If..."
Yeah, it's the SNES version.

I actually did pretty well up until this last bit. In order to even access the final boss, you need to beat the boss right before him with a weapon called the Goddess Bracelet. The thing that sucks about this weapon is that it has no magic, and it's range and power are determined by the quality of armor you're wearing. In other words, in order to even REACH this guy, you need gold or bronze armor, and if you take even so much as a single hit, your ability to conquer him goes swirling down the toilet. This boss demands perfection in the extreme.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2007-08-30, 12:16 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Yeah, it's the SNES version. I..."
Sounds like quite a challenge, I think I'll attempt it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-30, 01:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Sounds like quite a challenge, I think..."
Haven't played it, but I've heard that it's pretty much impossible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-01-03, 11:21 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Super Ghouls n' Ghosts"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaE3CHXP8TQ

Doesn't look that hard to me.
JkJK.!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-01-04, 05:46 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaE3CHXP8..."
Yeah, I watched that speed run several months ago. It's what inspired me to start playing through the game in the first place.

However, that guy has unreal skill at this game. He doesn't take a single damned hit, the whole way through.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2008-01-04, 07:29 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Yeah, I watched that speed run several..."
Some of those videos are macros, basically fine-tuned pre-programmed runs through the game that rely on predictable enemy reponses to player actions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav