Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Fuck fate.
Posted 2004-06-24, 10:03 PM
I use the word fate as a loose guideline of course, because I don't believe in it, at least not in the sense that most people use it in. In this case, I just mean the way things turned out, not the way they were destined to turn out.

Enough of that blah.

Anyways, there was this girl that I was head over heels madly in love with last December, but she just wanted to be friends. She could be my twin, we are that similar... I love hanging out with her and everything, that fact that she is beautiful on the outside doesn't come close to her inner beauty. Basically, she is the coolest girl that I know, but it didn't work out.

So, there is this guy. He was my friend and was a pretty cool, humble guy, but all of a sudden he became a stuck up jackass who thinks he knows everything and doesn't mind insulting someone and then coming back with "jeez man, take a joke". He is incredibly preppy, the fucker wore (gosu preppy clothes) to school every day, it's like sick. Mind you, I go to an all guys school in Cincy, but that is really common here, doesn't mean I am a rich fuck, it means I got a scholarship and financial aid, and its not like I don't lay the mack down on girls every weekend, or at least hang out with girls (for those of you who dont understand the concept of connection with females that don't go to your school). Everything about this kid, I loathe, except he is a decent guy sometimes and I still consider him an acquaitance. Basically he is the least cool girl I know.

Well a week after the whole thing fell out with that girl and me, he instantly gets with her. It made no sense. He is a douche, she is fuckin' 1337 cool. They fight alot, and in public. And other than that, all they do is just sit around and make out all the time, it disgusts me. I have quality conversations with this girl all the time, and I would give a limb just to be with her. Is it pathetic that almost a half year after this whole ordeal, I still am not over it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:08 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Fuck fate."
penny_bags said:
Basically he is the least cool girl I know.
Heh, either that was a typo or you think really lowly of him.

I'm in something like the same situation now and I'll agree with you, it sucks massive amounts of dick. Really I think the best thing to do is try to get over it, rather than being stuck up on it for any longer. Oh, and if you don't want to give up yet, try to call him out everytime he starts acting like a prick. At least you may get them to split up and give yourself a chance.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:16 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Fuck fate."
There is nothing odd about having strong feelings for someone, and not letting them die. I've been in and out of at least 5 relationships, 2 of which were pretty serious and long over the last 4 years, and I still always come back to one. We just have this awesome connection, but the circumstances would never permit.

Point being, love lasts, and will always last. Nothing odd about that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:23 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "There is nothing odd about having..."
Yeah, but it's pretty damn painful when it's not returned. "Love you, but I am not in love with you"... Fuck that cliche.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:25 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Yeah, but it's pretty damn painful when..."
Yeah, nothing worse... Shit seems to go right when you least expect it, and don't want it though. No worries..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:27 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yeah, nothing worse... Shit seems to..."
Just forget about it, I must be really cynical and apathetic or something, but I can just ignore things like that. You have to try also!

Juicy Juice helps.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:28 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "There is nothing odd about having..."
Hell man, some girls I've hooked up with 2 or 3 years ago I still hate to see with other guys. It's not that I'm still madly in love with them. I've moved on, and am very happy with my love life. But it might be something inside of me sparking a bit of jealousy, or maybe a thought of what where we would have been if things didn't end that way, but like Titus said, love never dies. As long as you have memories, you'll think about it. So just move on and find someone new.

And on a side note. Am I the only one who thinks that there are way too many love threads these days? This isn't fucking govteen. It's a fucking-click-your-mouse-and-kill-stuff forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:28 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Just forget about it, I must be really..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:30 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Hell man, some girls I've hooked up..."
uncapped said:
It's a fucking-click-your-mouse-and-kill-stuff forum.
That has given me an excellent idea. I must contemplate and put it in forum suggestions soon..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:45 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Hell man, some girls I've hooked up..."
uncapped said:
And on a side note. Am I the only one who thinks that there are way too many love threads these days? This isn't fucking govteen. It's a fucking-click-your-mouse-and-kill-stuff forum.
"General Conversation"

gen·er·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jnr-l)
adj.
Concerned with, applicable to, or affecting the whole or every member of a class or category: “subduing all her impressions as a woman, to something more general” (Virginia Woolf).

con·ver·sa·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (knvr-sshn)
n.

The spoken exchange of thoughts, opinions, and feelings; talk.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:47 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting ""General Conversation" gen·er·al ..."
When I go to sleep at night, I usually end up thinking about her sometime (I take a long ass time to fall asleep), and when I do, my whole body quivers.

Edit- The thing is, she truly doesn't wanna mess up our friendship. Normally, that is a crock of horseshit, but she has quite a history of ended frienships after relationships... and that is pretty well known amongst my friends.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:49 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting ""General Conversation" gen·er·al ..."
Penny_Bags said:
"General Conversation"

gen·er·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jnr-l)
adj.
Concerned with, applicable to, or affecting the whole or every member of a class or category: “subduing all her impressions as a woman, to something more general” (Virginia Woolf).

con·ver·sa·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (knvr-sshn)
n.

The spoken exchange of thoughts, opinions, and feelings; talk.
Thanks for explaining to me what those two brain-buster words meant. I had no idea at all.

It's still pointless to share your life with us "e-goons," though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:52 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Thanks for explaining to me what those..."
Uhm, fuck off, whitey.

I'm an E-Thug 4 lif3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:53 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Thanks for explaining to me what those..."
Good advice sometimes comes out of here. Or at least people that can relate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:55 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Uhm, fuck off, whitey. I'm an E-Thug..."
And I'm Parappa the Rapper.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:57 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "And I'm Parappa the Rapper."
uncapped said:
Can I have your autograph?

I mean, shoot you in the face?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:59 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Thanks for explaining to me what those..."
uncapped said:
Thanks for explaining to me what those two brain-buster words meant. I had no idea at all.

It's still pointless to share your life with us "e-goons," though.
Pointing out how simple two words are that are that you so badly misconstrued does not help your case.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:59 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Can I have your autograph? I mean,..."
No, but you can shoot this dude in the face...

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped

Posted 2004-06-24, 10:59 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "And I'm Parappa the Rapper."
uncapped said:
Parappa was 1337, but Um Jamma Lammy was 2668er.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-06-24, 11:09 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Parappa was 1337, but Um Jamma Lammy..."
No chance in hell, man. Um Jamma Lammy was lame. Parappa was the hotness though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

uncapped