Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Stock Investing Game
Posted 2008-06-25, 04:17 PM
http://simulator.investopedia.com

Have any of you dabbled in the securities market? If not you should give it a shot. It consumes very little time and it gives you the ability to practice something that might just make you a fortune. It's a free game that could make you a millionaire .

Everyone can make accounts and periodically update on how you're performing and what you're invested in.

I'm currently:

I'm up to 108,000 or so. So about 8% return in 2 days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-25, 04:29 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Stock Investing Game"
If only people were as dumb as this in real life stock trading. 8% returns IRL would be pretty awesome
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2008-06-25, 04:33 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "If only people were as dumb as this in..."
It's using real life trading numbers. So yea, if I had 100,000 I would have made around 8,000 in 2 days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-25, 06:42 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Stock Investing Game"
Make sure you invest in the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) countries. These emerging markets will net you more that 15% in less than 2 months. Also, look into alt. energy and be ready to short oil. It will go alittle higher, but will eventually fall back to somewhat normal prices, so you can make a killing.

PS- look into diversing your portfolio. The market this day and age raises and falls fast, so being safer and netting less (both postive and negative) is far more effective than being risky and losing alot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-06-25, 06:54 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Make sure you invest in the BRIC..."
Yea, I'm just playing around with the game. Although my family's benefitted from being risky before (dad doubled his retirement in a year), but we got lucky. I'm just playing around with stocks right now. How do I find the BRICs anyways?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-25, 07:46 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Stock Investing Game"
We did the Stock Market game in like 6th grade I think. We split up into teams and decided what to buy. I kept trying to convince my team that we should buy Wal-Mart because it was near christmas and for the past few years Wal-Mart had jumped up at around the same time. They didn't listen.

We ended up winning in our district because I spent all of our funds on Wal-mart on the second-to-last day without telling any of them. It made lots of profit and gg.

Fucking asshats.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-26, 03:47 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "We did the Stock Market game in like..."
Should've invested in Apple
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2008-06-26, 08:03 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Should've invested in Apple"
There was a down day in the market. Down to 107,636.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood