Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post Account got hacked....need some info
Posted 2002-11-16, 10:54 PM
Is it possible for blizzard to give back an account to the real owner? I remember seeing ppl post about getting hacked and being told to e-mail blizzard or something, but i just don't see how they can possibly help. Could someone who know a bit about this clear it up for me plz? is my whole account gone forever now?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Avatar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAvatar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Posted 2002-11-16, 11:13 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
i think what they do is you give them your cd-key and they check if your cd-key is the key in which you made the acct, and if it is, then they find out what the pass is and they give it to you, im not quite sure but someone who has gone through it will hopefully see this and tell you more, for now i say u e-mail blizz right now, you got nothing to lose and its worth a shot
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-11-16, 11:33 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
Call blizz and tell them your problem. They will tell you to create a new account with the same CD-key as your stolen account. If the 2 CD-key's match, they will tell you the pass to the stolen account.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-11-16, 11:36 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
their ya go, try it out
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-11-17, 01:44 AM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
It works ive done it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-11-17, 05:04 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
damn, well....it happened on saturday, i hope it won't be too late by the time i can call on monday
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Avatar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAvatar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Posted 2002-11-17, 06:03 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
maybe it will, maybe it wont, it's still worth a shot so i suggest you go through with it
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-11-17, 06:28 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
I recovered an account from June in October and still had half my stuff on it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pyro

Posted 2002-11-17, 06:43 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
you guys got it wrong...
they check your ip and the original ip of the person who made it, and if it has the same code,(even if your on a dynamic ip setup) they dont tell you the password to it, they make a new one and tell you that one
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2002-11-17, 07:02 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
Quote:
Originally posted by !King_Amazon!
Call blizz and tell them your problem. They will tell you to create a new account with the same CD-key as your stolen account. If the 2 CD-key's match, they will tell you the pass to the stolen account.
Its not quite that complicated.

Ive posted this before but it was a while ago so ill explain again.
This is the account recovery process:

1: Email Blizzard explaining that your account password has been changed.

2: They will tell you to make sure your computer is free of any viri or trojans.

3: You will get a reply pretty quickly with a number to call.

4: Call the number. He will ask for some personal information like first & last name + phone number. Then he will tell you he is sending another e-mail and to follow the instructions in that email.

5: Recieve another email asking for you to send your account name(s) and the Diablo II Classic cd-key that created those accounts. Send the proper information.

6: They will check whatever they check and reply again with the account names and new passwords.

I got my problem resolved in less than 20 hours from the original e-mail. Be very polite with them try to make sure you type well in the email also. Maybe I was lucky maybe it was because I was polite.

PS: Maybe someone should sticky this?

I can post their emails also if someone wants to see them...

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Adrenachrome; 2002-11-17 at 07:04 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-11-18, 06:58 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
OMG, i gave them all the right information and they sent an e-mail back saying the ownership couldn't be verified. Is it possible that the person who hacked my account used a method that prevents Blizzard's ownership verification in the future??

EDIT: ahhhh crap, I think I just realized that I made that account at either a friends house or some computer store or something, so there's no way I can give them the right CD key (my friend sold his cd a while ago)

It's all over for me *sigh*

Last edited by Avatar; 2002-11-18 at 07:37 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Posted 2002-11-18, 09:28 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
Could someone post the E-mail to send this information to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-11-22, 11:11 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
La La La La
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2002-11-26, 10:25 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=asi0505p

And yea if you dont have the original cdkey theres nothing you can do.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-11-27, 08:35 AM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
Actually.. it doesnt matter if you got back the acc or not, they have often already cleaned the chars before you got them back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-11-27, 08:45 AM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
I hear they rollback the account so that you do get all you items back, but I'm not sure of this.

Hmmm, if they do rollback, could there be a way to get around that? Like take all you items off an account, trade them all to someone for identical items, mule them, call/write blizzard asking them to restore your account. They rollback, you get all your items, and possibly the items you traded for?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-11-27, 03:07 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
Quote:
Originally posted by Titusfied
I hear they rollback the account so that you do get all you items back, but I'm not sure of this.

I have never heard this But when i got my accounts back i hadn't lost a single item.
Quote:
Hmmm, if they do rollback, could there be a way to get around that? Like take all you items off an account, trade them all to someone for identical items, mule them, call/write blizzard asking them to restore your account. They rollback, you get all your items, and possibly the items you traded for?
If thats what they did yes you could dupe your whole account.

You would mule everything you have to another account. Then call blizzard and tell them you were trojaned and lost your accounts the day before or something.
Thats IF they do this.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-12-03, 10:09 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
bump

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-12-04, 07:11 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
Quote:
Originally posted by Adrenachrome

I have never heard this But when i got my accounts back i hadn't lost a single item.

If thats what they did yes you could dupe your whole account.

You would mule everything you have to another account. Then call blizzard and tell them you were trojaned and lost your accounts the day before or something.
Thats IF they do this.
I very much doubt that, but its possible...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-12-04, 07:54 PM in reply to Avatar's post "Account got hacked....need some info"
you can TELL the system to roll back? i didn't know that... lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin