Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Is it worth it??
Posted 2002-12-02, 11:41 AM
I am sitting on a couple Ist and Vex runes and was wondering if I should trade em, or stick the Ists in my barbs Ali Babas, when low and behold I stumble on a superior 6 socket crusader bow with 11% ED.

My three part question is:

Should I make a Silence bow? I mean hell, you can pick up an Eaglehorn for 6-8 soj if ya look hard and mebbe I should trade the ist for 12 sojs and just go buy some UNID Eagles.

Can I socket this bow with a runeword? It is grey but shows the 11% ED mod in blue.

If so, will the 11% ED stack with the 200% ED from Silence??

As always, Thanks for your help,

Doofus
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-12-02, 11:55 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
Umm, the 11% ED will not stack on the 200%.

When Runewords are made, ALL prior stats are lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-12-02, 02:45 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
Yes but my main question is should I even make the damn thing? The only items really holding their value are runes and gems and putting an Ist in this bow is what I am really agonizing over. Is a silence worth 10-12 sojs anymore>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-12-02, 02:54 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
Quote:
Originally posted by Titusfied
Umm, the 11% ED will not stack on the 200%.

When Runewords are made, ALL prior stats are lost.
The ED will stack to make 211% ED. That is if the bow is white, if the bow is getting 11% ED from a blue mod then you wont even be able to make the Runeword.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-12-02, 03:19 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
sell the runes, whenever you have a rune that is not socketed, allways sell it, single rune r worth more then runes socketed, once you socket them you cut the value down to half, you could trade the ist for soj, and buy an allready made silence, and maybe even have a couple soj's left over, as apposed to the other way you would have to waist your time ect... and use vex aswell as ist..
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-12-02, 03:56 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
Well heres the bow, it is grey but the mod is blue am I okay there??

I like that idea Chronic, I may try that before making any decisions. I have a Windy already and really just wanted the Silence for a backup slot and the 30% mf killshots.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-12-02, 04:08 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
u can make it, and the mods DO STACK
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2002-12-02, 04:11 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
Quote:
Originally posted by Insolence
u can make it, and the mods DO STACK
you can, allways remember is the lettering is grey, you can allways make a runeword into it, and yes allways mods will stack
btw, that good is worth quite allot, im not sure how much but people who only play "legit" will pay ENOUGH!, you just got to find em
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ

Last edited by "CRØNîC-KîLLå"; 2002-12-02 at 04:13 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-12-03, 12:27 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
I thought RuneWord only work for "NON-MAGICAL" Items?? NO??? I dont think u can make a silence out of the magical Bow coz it has a +11% ed in it already.

From the Past:
I had a Godly Armor 980+ Def 3 sockets Indestructable
Was trying to make a runeword out of it but it didnt work...
I dont know.. Make sure that the bow can runeword it.. else u'll waste your ist and vex...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gAp is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweengAp is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

gAp

Posted 2002-12-03, 08:48 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
Well I did it and I am quite happy with the results. And the ed did stack

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-12-03, 08:52 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
Cool, looks pretty good!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-12-03, 08:59 AM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
damn that bow looks leet
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-12-04, 06:54 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
Quote:
Originally posted by gAp
I thought RuneWord only work for "NON-MAGICAL" Items?? NO??? I dont think u can make a silence out of the magical Bow coz it has a +11% ed in it already.

From the Past:
I had a Godly Armor 980+ Def 3 sockets Indestructable
Was trying to make a runeword out of it but it didnt work...
I dont know.. Make sure that the bow can runeword it.. else u'll waste your ist and vex...
Godly Armor's are Magical, hence they cannot be runeworded.
His crusader bow is normal with 11% ED because it is superior, it is not given ED through a magical mod. The maximum ED a superior item can have is 15%
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-12-04, 07:04 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
Quote:
Originally posted by Doofus_AW
Well I did it and I am quite happy with the results. And the ed did stack

u see, i told you so...
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-12-04, 07:58 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
gawd you have a leet bow there now... if only everything was... "unpatched" and we could matrix dupe
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-12-05, 01:54 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
I think Class Specific bows are better though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-12-05, 02:17 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
Oh hell yeah, I still primarily use the Windforce just switch off for the kill shot with silence for the 30% additional MF.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-12-05, 02:39 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post "Is it worth it??"
i forgot silence had 75 res on it, man ima have to get one!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`