Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Help!
Posted 2003-11-08, 10:29 PM
1) when i play (or try to play) my rpg i made it gets to a point were it calls for a battle right well it say "Event scipt referenced a battle animation that does not exist" and i cant play my game. WHY?!

2) my comp freezes everytime i go into chip sets. WHY?!

3) oh and do u know were to get rpg maker 2003 translation from i forgot were i got mine from and i need to re-download it

4) i downloaded a rpgmaker game of the net but when i go to play it it say "cannot open file people1". thats not exactly what it says but something like that

5) sry 1 more question, can u edit char sets to make them into battle char sets?
"Dont ask for the truth unless you have the courage to accept it" :me

Last edited by raven5540; 2003-11-09 at 02:03 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
raven5540 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenraven5540 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

raven5540

Posted 2003-11-09, 12:32 PM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
raven5540 said:
1) when i play (or try to play) my rpg i made it gets to a point were it calls for a battle right well it say "Event scipt referenced a battle animation that does not exist" and i cant play my game. WHY?!

2) my comp freezes everytime i go into chip sets. WHY?!

3) oh and do u know were to get rpg maker 2003 translation from i forgot were i got mine from and i need to re-download it

4) i downloaded a rpgmaker game of the net but when i go to play it it say "cannot open file people1". thats not exactly what it says but something like that

5) sry 1 more question, can u edit char sets to make them into battle char sets?

1) You might have deleted a battle animation set that a spell was using (i.e. Wind.png) or a battle charset. I'll have to mess around a bit to find out the exact cause of the error, though, since I've never seen that one.

2) Sounds like something with the computer itself. Scandisk+Defrag SHOULD help. Never had that happen, either.

3) Google

4) That means it's using a charset that you don't have. I've seen this happen myself - the other person didn't include all the files he used. This could also be what's causing #1.

5) Yeah, but keep in mind the size limitations and weapons that you're using. Also, the entire PNG file is a completely different size...

Charset size: 288x256
Battle Charset size: 144x384

Look at current ones to get a feel as to how you're supposed to arrange the frames.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2003-11-09, 10:34 PM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
well for 1) the same thing happens when i go to battle test and i really need to fix it.

well for 2) i just did both but i think it my rm2k3 thats why i asked 3) and i wanted to know what the site is that has "aleriths and soulfangs rm2k3" caus thats what i got and theres more at the site. oh and i dont really have the time fot google. just thought u might know.

and for 4) how do i fix it.

oh and i got a new question can u edit events that u made caus i can only make new ones. i mean the comands u type in a event

and thx again

Last edited by raven5540; 2003-11-09 at 10:41 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
raven5540 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenraven5540 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

raven5540

Posted 2003-11-10, 06:56 AM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
1)+3) Haven't been able to reproduce that at all. Anything I try just keeps getting defaulted to one of the Punching animations. I wonder if reinstalling the RTP would help?

2) Again, I've never seen this problem before. If it IS the RPG Maker program itself, then find it on Google (surely, if you have enough time to make an entire RPG, you can go on Google for a while... if not, I can't help much, since I'm not going to go out and find yet another copy, download it, and test it, only to have the link go bad in a week. Yay for the internet.)

4) Get the charset you need from wherever the game came from. Then, copy it into the appropiate folder in your project's directory..

Editing events: Hit "Enter" on the line which you want to insert a command line (it'll insert it "above" the one you want.) Double-clicking does the same thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2003-11-10, 10:36 PM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
oh sry if u got the wrong impretion of 2) i wasnt asking u to look i was asking if u might know. And its not really the matter of time but it took me about over 5 hrs of searching to find rpg maker the first time only to find out the download was stuffed (and had gone through that many useless links) downloading it again to find it wasnt english before i got the a good download but i can find the site again (as u can see ime desperate to make a game) then i lost my game for some reason my rpg maker stuffed up (2000 and 2003) i fixed it only to lose my game and have it stuff up again and now it freezes every time i go to chip set and i cant get my game to work because of that stupid error and every game i download i have to fill in the sprites and then it doesnt work anyway and then i get fined $20 for exeeding my 300 mb limit

and its more of a demo caus its not finished.

and as for editing event i mean can u edit a line instead of having to make a new 1? it would save so much time (if i could get the @#$%ing error fixed) and i am a little pressed for time its just i really really really want to make a game.

and for that battle animation error thing well it goes into the screen fades away or blinds open etc etc, but as soon as thats done it happens before u even see the battle screen. So i dont think it it is an actual atack animation but something to do with it saying "event script called for". remember i also said it happens when i go to batte test. Dont think that im only asking u im fiddeling around with it to 'BUT IVE GOT A SCHEDULE TO FOLLOW!" actually i dont really care about that as long as i get my game working. (oh and the same error thing happened when i tried to play a downloaded game)

if i reinstall the rtp will i possibly lose any files or if i reinstall rm2k3?

and dont doubt me because of my age i have mastered the basics and more og game maker 5. i have read the tutorials and made games that have been/ shooters, platform, mazes, shooters, rpgs(well a small 1) stratergy, shooters, racing, fighting and even a learning game for children (did i mention shooters) so u see i have made a LOT of games and know a lot about gm5. but i am desperate to make an rpg even through all the obsticals in the way (should of given up by now) and if u think i told a single lie well your WRONG. (oh and thx again bluecube (for about the tenth time)

Last edited by raven5540; 2003-11-11 at 12:05 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

raven5540

Posted 2003-11-11, 09:27 AM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
raven5540 said:
oh sry if u got the wrong impretion of 2) i wasnt asking u to look i was asking if u might know. And its not really the matter of time but it took me about over 5 hrs of searching to find rpg maker the first time only to find out the download was stuffed (and had gone through that many useless links) downloading it again to find it wasnt english before i got the a good download but i can find the site again (as u can see ime desperate to make a game) then i lost my game for some reason my rpg maker stuffed up (2000 and 2003) i fixed it only to lose my game and have it stuff up again and now it freezes every time i go to chip set and i cant get my game to work because of that stupid error and every game i download i have to fill in the sprites and then it doesnt work anyway and then i get fined $20 for exeeding my 300 mb limit

and its more of a demo caus its not finished.

and as for editing event i mean can u edit a line instead of having to make a new 1? it would save so much time (if i could get the @#$%ing error fixed) and i am a little pressed for time its just i really really really want to make a game.

and for that battle animation error thing well it goes into the screen fades away or blinds open etc etc, but as soon as thats done it happens before u even see the battle screen. So i dont think it it is an actual atack animation but something to do with it saying "event script called for". remember i also said it happens when i go to batte test. Dont think that im only asking u im fiddeling around with it to 'BUT IVE GOT A SCHEDULE TO FOLLOW!" actually i dont really care about that as long as i get my game working. (oh and the same error thing happened when i tried to play a downloaded game)

if i reinstall the rtp will i possibly lose any files or if i reinstall rm2k3?

and dont doubt me because of my age i have mastered the basics and more og game maker 5. i have read the tutorials and made games that have been/ shooters, platform, mazes, shooters, rpgs(well a small 1) stratergy, shooters, racing, fighting and even a learning game for children (did i mention shooters) so u see i have made a LOT of games and know a lot about gm5. but i am desperate to make an rpg even through all the obsticals in the way (should of given up by now) and if u think i told a single lie well your WRONG. (oh and thx again bluecube (for about the tenth time)

Ahh, editing an event LINE: Right click, choose Edit. (or hit the Space bar)

--------

Heh, I used Game Maker 5 too, before it screwed up my little Mario-like game.. I never got around to finding/downloading it again.

---------

Reinstalling RTP/RM2k3: It SHOULDN'T erase your project folder, but back it up, just in case. I've reinstalled it once before, and my projects stayed intact. Doesn't mean I didn't copy it to another hard drive first..

------------

Like I said, that one error seems to be because of a corrupted file.. It's calling a bad animation (probably Battle Charset from the sound of it.) If you CAN download it again, it should fix the problem.. if not, it's the Battle Charsets.

Most problems of the "MISSING GRAPHIC" type are from people not including everything with their project.. unfortunately. So either it's referencing a corrupted/missing RTP file every time, or a different file that wasn't included.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2003-11-12, 12:00 AM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
ha i found out anouther thing about the error thing (1). It is also in the mana conquest demo which can be found at http://www.gamingw.net/games.php?CatID=rm2k

6) do u know were to download a translation of the rm2k3 help file?

7) can u import maps from other games into your own?

8) when u create a game disk do u need to include the rpt files? because when i do i end up with it taking up 26 mbs of unnecesary space
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

raven5540

Posted 2003-11-12, 04:21 PM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
raven5540 said:
ha i found out anouther thing about the error thing (1). It is also in the mana conquest demo which can be found at http://www.gamingw.net/games.php?CatID=rm2k
Hmm.. I'll have to try it sometime when I don't have a headache and don't mind sitting there while my 56k modem downloads that.

Quote:
6) do u know were to download a translation of the rm2k3 help file?
It SHOULD already be translated, if you have the RPG Advocate version. Try the Index tab in the Help file..

Quote:
7) can u import maps from other games into your own?
Yep, just make sure you have all the same files that were used (chipset and any charsets that they used.) Just right-click on their map and Copy it, then open up your game and Paste it. Rather simple.

Quote:
8) when u create a game disk do u need to include the rpt files? because when i do i end up with it taking up 26 mbs of unnecesary space
Depends on whether you USED any, and whether or not the person you're sending it to has the RTP installed. If they have it installed, then don't include the files.

If they don't have the RTP and you used those files, I suggest simply either 1) importing the RTP files you used into your game or 2) Just copying them into the project folder. Actually, both do the same thing, so whichever you do is fine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2003-11-12, 10:29 PM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
well no i dont have that version and its not translated so do u know were i can get that version?

ok and theres anouther thing. when i start a new project some of the stuff that is usually done already isnt. like the chip sets arnt selected, some of the monster sprites, the systems and veicles and i have to do ALL the battle animations (ba2) its really annoying because it wastes a lot of time and thats time i would rather work on my game and i dont want to custumise it at the start. Do u think reinstalling the rtp would help? (my chip sets arnt freezing no more)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

raven5540

Posted 2003-11-13, 04:54 PM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
That sounds like a problem with the Program. Get RPG Advocate's version. It HAS to be somewhere on the Internet... and they probably have the RTP wherever the program is, so yeah, get that as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2003-11-13, 10:14 PM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
hey thans u gave me an idea. What if i copy and paste all the maps of my game to a new project and the do all the other stuff.

well i cant really be bothered searching for that version at the moment, maybe some other time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

raven5540

Posted 2003-11-14, 06:26 AM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
Hmm.. you COULD do that, it's worth a shot. If it works, you can't complain about that! (Never seen so many problems with an RPG Maker install..)

Hmm.. If I do happen to come across RPG Advocates version while looking for random resources, I'll post the link.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2003-11-15, 02:13 AM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
thanks. ive almost got it working. ok here are some of topic questions.

How do u know so much about rm2k3?

Have u ever made a game or started/working on a project?

Do u have any messangers? like msn yahoo etc
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

raven5540

Posted 2003-11-15, 03:20 PM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
raven5540 said:
thanks. ive almost got it working. ok here are some of topic questions.

How do u know so much about rm2k3?
Ehh, basically messing around with RPG Maker 2000. I wanted to try something new in the game, I messed around until I did it, and BAM, new effect learned. And it all transfered to RPG Maker 2003..

Quote:
Have u ever made a game or started/working on a project?
Yeah, like 20. I have all these ideas, work on it for a while, then realize I have no story to support anything. Sure, a day-night cycle is cool, but once I got it working, I really couldn't figure out how to make a story with that.. I'm not a writer by any means. After a while, I delete the project that I worked for like 2 weeks on, and start over on a new "project"...

Quote:
Do u have any messangers? like msn yahoo etc
Yeah, MSN, but I don't give it out much, since there's only like 4 people on my list that I actually talk to.. and some I have no idea where they came from..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2003-11-16, 01:02 AM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
lol im great at storys but its the programing skills i lack (and i suck at making maps especially houses, there so frustrating. Why cant they make the chip sets have the thing together rather than putting parts everywere)

cool ive got msn aswell my name is mark86324@yahoo.com.au
add me if u want (its my msn and yahoo lol) could u give me your msn? i dont mind if you would prefer not to but i would be greatfull if u would (u dont have to post it on the forum)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

raven5540

Posted 2003-11-23, 04:04 AM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
HELP!!! again. ok ive almost finshed my game but there is a problem. every time i go to items in the main menu it says "event script referenced an item that does not exist"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

raven5540

Posted 2003-11-24, 08:22 AM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
This depends - are you loading a previously saved game, or is it a fresh game?

If you're loading one, my guess is that you simply have an item in your inventory that you deleted later on. It's also possible that you have an item in there that you changed to, say, a weapon later on.

If you're doing it fresh, and you have NO items in your inventory (make SURE of this, don't add a single item anywhere) then I'm going to have to try and duplicate that error somehow and tell you the results.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2003-11-25, 12:02 AM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
thx i fixed it. it wasnt a fresh save file.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

raven5540

Posted 2003-11-27, 11:42 PM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
it may seem like a stupid question but how do you get an event to say "end case"? in rm2k3 of course.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

raven5540

Posted 2003-11-28, 11:29 AM in reply to raven5540's post "Help!"
There are no switch/case or select/case statements. The only way you can do stuff like that is through a conditional branch (taking out the ELSE condition makes it easier to read).

Using conditional branches (i.e. If statements) automatically puts an ":End" statement there.

<>Branch if Var [0001] is 1
___<>Blah
___<>
:End
<>Branch if Var [0001] is 2
___<>Blah
___<>
:End

It would be nice if there was a switch/case statement though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube