Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post Uncap My Cable Modem?

Posted 2002-12-18, 02:03 PM
Using the tfpt server methods.... im on a router.... I cant seem to find the url!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-12-18, 03:30 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
If you do that, your cable company will cut your access. Trust me on this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-12-18, 04:06 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
Yup.
I did it a looong time ago for about a day, it was fun as hell, but almost got me nailed.
I thought they fixed this though?

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2002-12-18, 04:11 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
Just optimize your registry. It's good enough.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-12-18, 04:39 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
taco... how do i do it? how fast does it become?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-12-19, 06:48 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
With a surfboard, you can run up to 10mb a second =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-12-20, 01:27 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
tacox said:
With a surfboard, you can run up to 10mb a second =/
If you can upload that high when you uncap, that seems like a good way to DoS a popular website lol.... ouch
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2002-12-20, 03:53 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-12-20, 07:47 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
Horse manure.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2002-12-20, 09:44 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
The main reason to not uncap is that they've been bringing the courts into this stuff lately. You can get charged with "bandwidth theft" apparently.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-12-20, 09:48 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
Bandwith theft. Lmao. That's hilarious.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-12-20, 11:02 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
ya seriouslly when the fuck did that become part of a law? wtf is going on with the legal system? damn i need to attend to my law class grr...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-12-21, 02:01 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
Mines seriously is 100mbps.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-12-21, 04:11 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
Haha, did you start using computers right out of the womb?

All cable says that, it doesn't mean anything.

I remember a few times my 56k said 1,500,000,000
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2002-12-21, 04:24 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
GravitonSurge said:
Which would mean I have been using computers for 20 years now.
Grav said:
Haha.........

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-12-21, 05:02 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
Adrenachrome said:
GravitonSurge said:
Which would mean I have been using computers for 20 years now.
Grav said:
Haha.........
ACTUALLY that was just a fancy way of saying you were born yesterday.

The reason it says 100mpbs is because that's the maximum possible transfer rate of an ethernet connection, jackass. Your cable is probably more like 1.5mpbs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2002-12-21, 05:32 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
yeah, mine says 100mbps all the time, every time, o to zdnet and i think they have a tester to see your EXACT speed
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-12-21, 06:03 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
Grav=Asshole

Thanks Cronic I found a few testers.

I tested about 5 times with 3 different testers It ranged from 2.2 mbps to 3.8 mbps.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-12-21, 06:08 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
heh grav pwned you
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2002-12-21, 06:10 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Uncap My Cable Modem?"
Blah blah Grav Child'd me

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome