Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2006-06-11, 08:48 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Just gonna provide a counter point to..."
Willkillforfood said:
Just gonna provide a counter point to the planets thing ....planets can actually have their rotations reversed, sped up, or whatever by giant collisions with heavenly bodies .
thats right!

Many undisputed observations contradict current theories on how the solar system evolved.

One theory says planets formed when a star, passing near our Sun, tore matter from the Sun. More popular theories hold that the solar system formed from a cloud of swirling gas, dust, or larger particles. If the planets and their 156 known moons evolved from the same material, they should have many similarities. After several decades of planetary exploration, this expectation is now recognized as false.

According to these evolutionary theories:

Backward-Spinning Planets. All planets should spin in the same direction, but Venus, Uranus, and Pluto rotate backwards.

Backward Orbits. All 156 moons in the solar system should orbit their planets in the same sense, but more than 30 have backward orbits. Furthermore, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune have moons orbiting in both directions.

Tipped Orbits. The orbit of each of these 156 moons should lie in the equatorial plane of the planet it orbits, but many, including the Earth’s moon, are in highly inclined orbits.

Angular Momentum. The Sun should have about 700 times more angular momentum than all the planets combined. Instead, the planets have 50 times more angular momentum than the Sun.

Contrary to popular opinion, planets should not form from just the mutual gravitational attraction of particles orbiting the Sun.a Orbiting particles are much more likely to be scattered or expelled by their gravitational attraction than they are to be permanently pulled together. Experiments have shown that colliding particles almost always fragment rather than stick together.b (Similar difficulties exist in trying to form a moon from particles orbiting a planet.)

Despite these problems, let us assume that pebble-size to moon-size particles somehow evolved. “Growing a planet” by many small collisions will produce an almost nonspinning planet, because spins imparted by impacts will be largely self-canceling.

The growth of a large, gaseous planet (such as Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, or Neptune) far from the central star is especially difficult for evolutionists to explain for several reasons.

a. Gases dissipate rapidly in the vacuum of outer space, especially the lightest two gases—hydrogen and helium, which comprise most of the mass of the giant planets.

b. Because gas molecules orbiting a star do not gravitationally pull in (or merge with) other gas molecules in the orbiting ring, a rocky planet, about ten times larger than Earth, must first form to attract all the gas gravitationally. This must happen very quickly, before the gas dissipates.e (Jupiter’s hydrogen and helium is 300 times more massive than the entire Earth.)

c. Stars like our Sun—even those which evolutionists say are young—do not have enough orbiting hydrogen or helium to form one Jupiter.

Computer simulations show that Uranus and Neptune could not evolve anywhere near their present locations. The planets that are found outside our solar system also contradict the theories for how planets supposedly evolve.

Based on demonstrable science, gaseous planets and the rest of the solar system did not evolve.

Planetary rings have long been associated with claims that planets evolved. Supposedly, after planets formed from a swirling dust cloud, rings remained, as seen around the giant planets: Saturn, Uranus, Jupiter, and Neptune. Therefore, some believe that because we see rings, planets must have evolved.

Actually, rings have nothing to do with a planet’s origin. Rings form when material is expelled from a moon by a volcano, a geyser, or the impact of a comet or meteorite. Debris that escapes a moon because of its weak gravity and a giant planet’s gigantic gravity then orbits that planet as a ring. If these rings were not periodically replenished, they would be dispersed in less than 10,000 years. Because a planet’s gravity pulls escaped particles away from its moons, particles orbiting a planet could never form moons—as evolutionists assert.

http://www.creationscience.com/onlin...Sciences8.html

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
~JESUS~ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between~JESUS~ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

~JESUS~

Posted 2006-06-12, 06:52 AM in reply to ~JESUS~'s post starting "who is talking about religion? The..."
Quote:
The bible is the inspired word of the creator to his children......the bible is the only book that actually predicts the future and has it come to pass without fail. Its 100% accurate and according to the constitution, is a completely sound source for history.
Sorry, I have to put on my 'ignorant' head and laugh at this last point. The Bible is a completely sound source for History?!

Granted, there's the odd Historical fact - Rameses II, for example, DID exist. As did many of these "Prophet's".

But a sound source for History?! So, THE correct history, the 100% true History, is a History editted by the Roman Emperor, Constantine the Great, in the 4th Century? A History that was put together using the more ambiguous stories of some men, to make one person more divine? A History put together to make the Church seem legitimate? Sure, I admire the man's thinking - the Chruch was in decline, fewer people were believing, yet he, with some clever stories, managed to make it into the biggest thing in the world, based on his ideals. All to give people faith. It is actually pretty smart.

But saying that it is, how did you put it?, "Its 100% accurate and according to the constitution, is a completely sound source for history", is stretching the truth maybe just a little.

And no, it doesn't predict the future. You cannot predict the future. What look like predictions, are actually ambiguous phrases that clever little men in dark little rooms have added mystical 'hidden meanings' to, AFTER the event, to make it seem to have been predicted.

-----

Maybe I've been reading too many conspiracy theories, or "Da Vinci Code" style books. Then again, I've never liked religion, so maybe I'm just jumping at chances?

But my main point is: The Bible cannot be called "a completely sound source for history".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-12, 07:46 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sorry, I have to put on my 'ignorant'..."
Lenny said:
Maybe I've been reading too many conspiracy theories, or "Da Vinci Code" style books.
Um...YES. The Da Vinci code is FICTION for a reason.

check out this film...and try doing some research yourself.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5068752&q=code
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
~JESUS~ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between~JESUS~ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

~JESUS~

Posted 2006-06-12, 07:56 AM in reply to ~JESUS~'s post starting "Um...YES. The Da Vinci code is FICTION..."
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...ine+bible&meta=

Is where I got a lot of the information for my post from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Blood,_Holy_Grail

Is what Dan Brown based a lot of his novel on. And was subsequently sued because of.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-12, 01:56 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sorry, I have to put on my 'ignorant'..."
I agree with Lenny.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2006-06-12, 02:29 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I agree with Lenny."
Don't even MENTION Dan Brown. Ughhh that stuck up peice of shit with fuckholes for eyes and penis fingers is the true embodiment of why I hate this country for it's fucked up system of free speech. In the beggining of the book, the disclaimer, or claimer on his part says that all artwork described in the book is fucking realistic to every detail. wHAT THE FUCK! Mary Magdeline was NOT in the picture of the last supper. And what the FUCK does the title mean. 'The Da Vinci Code'.... 'The of Vinci code'???? Da Vinci wasn't a last name, 'Da' means 'of'. And NO WAY IN HELL is there a proffesion called Symbology. Shit, I'd kill that puddle of moose cum in a second, even if it meant my eternal damnation. He's just some fatass who decided to wright a book, Of fiction, Claimed to be Non-fiction. He changed his veiws about it, by the way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-12, 02:31 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Don't even MENTION Dan Brown. Ughhh..."
A lot of the Da Vinci Code is based on fact if that was not already said.

I'm not saying it's non fiction, but a lot of the things are real.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-06-12, 02:44 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Don't even MENTION Dan Brown. Ughhh..."
"Da Vinci" is what probably all historians and art historians call 'Leonado Da Vinci'. Yes, he was called Leonardo Of Vinci, but it is generally accepted that he is known as 'Da Vinci'. His full name is too long, just calling him Leornardo might work, and just calling him Vinci could get confusing.

Symbology in the way of Langdon's academic profession IS purely fictional, yet there will be people around the world who study Symbols and their meanings. So what would you call them, if not "Symbologists".

I'm not going to argue with The Last Supper. There's so many sites now around either agreeing or disagreeing with it, and the things one can do now with Photoshop, well.

Don't hate the man for writing a book. Before "The Da Vinci Code" he was practically unheard of. I hadn't heard of him, that's for sure. Then I heard about the book on the radio: "Yada yada Catholic Secret yada yada Mary Magdalene" but that didn't catch my attention. What did was "a book so badly written, that you'll love it".

If he hadn't published "The Da Vinci Code", would you still hate him? Well maybe, because there's "Angles and Demons". What about if he hadn't published either, and only had the two books on the market - "Deception Point" and "Digital Fortress". He writes a particular style - the one-man-detective-mysterysolver--being-hunted-by-some-crackpot-world-group, and does it in such a way that there's been so many copies. "Rule of Four", "The Last Templar", whatever, they're all of that style. There are parallels with Franz Ferdinand and suddenyl everyone jumping on their bandwagon -- one person does something right, everyone wants a piece of the action.

Just take his "Claims" with a pinch of salt, and remember that it is a Fiction novel, appearing on the "Fiction" shelf in bookshops. Like him for his writing, not for glaring mistakes, or mad conspiracies.

Oooh, there's something -- it isn't actually HIS work. Well, the book is, but the idea's aren't. He added flesh to the skeletons of Conspiracies that have been circulating the world for over 30 years!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-12, 11:48 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Just gonna provide a counter point to..."
For ALL the info you whant about evolution and the big bang theory being proven wrong, Buy this guys videos or read his stuff.It (as far as I have seen) is FLAWLESS.
Posted 06-10-2006, 11:57 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I was kind of wondering that myself."

http://www.drcarlbaugh.org/
Angels encamp around them that fear the LORD!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frosted_snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrosted_snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frosted_snow

Posted 2006-06-13, 05:39 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "We are all just tiny bacteria on..."
kaos said:
We are all just tiny bacteria on peanuts in this giant turd of a universe.

But really...I never really went by the whole supreme being creating everthing idea.
Tiny bacteria? simple even?

Take a look at this picture of the eubacterial flagellum. The flagellum is an ion-powered rotary motor, anchored in the membranes surrounding the bacterial cell. This schematic diagram highlights the assembly process of the bacterial flagellar filament and the cap-filament complex.

An irreducibly complex structure is defined as ". . . a single system composed of several well-matched, interacting parts that contribute to the basic function, wherein the removal of any one of the parts causes the system to effectively cease functioning." (Behe 1996a, 39) Why would such systems present difficulties for Darwinism? Because they could not possibly have been produced by the process of evolution:

"An irreducibly complex system cannot be produced directly by numerous, successive, slight modifications of a precursor system, because any precursor to an irreducibly complex system that is missing a part is by definition nonfunctional. .... Since natural selection can only choose systems that are already working, then if a biological system cannot be produced gradually it would have to arise as an integrated unit, in one fell swoop, for natural selection to have anything to act on." (Behe 1996b)

The phrase "numerous, successive, slight modifications" is not accidental. The very same words were used by Charles Darwin in The Origin of Species in describing the conditions that had to be met for his theory to be true. As Darwin wrote, if one could find an organ or structure that could not have been formed by "numerous, successive, slight modifications," his "theory would absolutely break down" (Darwin 1859, 191). To anti-evolutionists, the bacterial flagellum is now regarded as exactly such a case – an "irreducibly complex system" which "cannot be produced directly by numerous successive, slight modifications." A system that could not have evolved!

It is the simpleist life yet it is very complex. A motor that if one part did not work, the whole operation falls apart!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

~JESUS~

Posted 2006-06-13, 04:28 PM in reply to ~JESUS~'s post starting "Tiny bacteria? simple even? Take a..."
Shur and I'm Aberham Lincon.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2006-06-13, 07:04 PM in reply to ~JESUS~'s post starting "who is talking about religion? The..."
Quoting the bible and double posting...BAN
j/k but still stop quoting the bible it gets annoying.
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2006-06-13, 08:22 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "Quoting the bible and double..."
Great-Thanatos said:
Quoting the bible and double posting...BAN
j/k but still stop quoting the bible it gets annoying.
I think he has EVERY right to quote whatever he whants.At least the BIBLE has great morals and awsome guidelines.unlike the others who post quotes and other junky theory on evolution being real with the big bang theory.Your reply had nothing to do with this thread topic and was completely uncalled for.If you get offended at his post wich was showing his belief on the topic using the BIBLE,keep it to yourself or goto the flame threads.Either way, he has COMPLETE right as far as rules are conserned to post his thread.Not to mention nobody has proven his explanations wrong here yet.I do indeed agree with creation.NOW IF I MAY.I think EVERYONE in here ought to watch these videos at this link.
http://www.drdino.com/downloads.php
They are free to watch!
Angels encamp around them that fear the LORD!

Last edited by frosted_snow; 2006-06-13 at 11:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frosted_snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrosted_snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frosted_snow

Posted 2006-06-14, 12:36 AM in reply to frosted_snow's post starting "I think he has EVERY right to quote..."
EDIT: Nevermind...wrong thread...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...

Last edited by Draco2003; 2006-06-14 at 12:47 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2006-06-15, 02:22 PM in reply to frosted_snow's post starting "I think he has EVERY right to quote..."
#1 - dan brown is a liarand a thief(he stole the story from other ppl, or at least i heard that he stole the story), his book "the da vinci code" is fiction(he doesn't even state where his "facts" come from[bibliography or something])

#2 - like i said before, God could have used evolution to create the universe

#3 - speaking of stars, did you guys know that jupiter is a failed star(a celestial object that never quite able to turn into a star), or otherwise known as a brown star?(just a bit of random trivia)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-06-15, 03:28 PM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "#1 - dan brown is a liarand a thief(he..."
#3 is an interesting fact. I'll keep that in mind. Very interesting.

#2 sounds agreeable, so no duel to the death.

#1, however, is not entirely true.

"The Da Vinci Code" PLOT, as far as we know, is all Dan Brown's work.
"The Da Vinvi Code" IDEAS, ie Jesus being a father, were not his:

Many books, including "The Holy Blood, The Holy Grail", FACT books, have put forth the argument that Jesus fathered a child. Dan Brown was sued by the others of aforementioned book, but the courts ruled that ideas cannot be copyrighted (in this case, the idea of Jesus and Mary Magdelene), and so Brown did not 'steal' any content. Instead he used it as research for his book.

Other than that, I'll agree, "The Da Vinci Code" is fiction.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-16, 10:13 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "#3 is an interesting fact. I'll keep..."
What pissed me off the most was that the DA Vinci Code was on the Nonfiction shelf in my local bookstore. I wouldn't mind it at all and would actually enjoy the book thoroughly if everyone in town who reads it says
Quote:
Oh it's the truth. Now I know what those Catholics are up to.
It's pretty annoying being catholic myself, not only hearing it from them, but being glared at whenever I'm on the street. It's no longer
Quote:
*sigh* Not another teenager! I'll have to watch him to see what he does to my garden.
it's now:
Quote:
It's one of those catholics
Don't get me wrong, there's always been somewhat of a looked down upon feeling towards catholics in this town, but it just increased it.

One more thing.
Masses are the opiate of the individual.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-16, 10:36 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "What pissed me off the most was that..."
Quote:
What pissed me off the most was that the DA Vinci Code was on the Nonfiction shelf in my local bookstore.
Now that is stupid. I'd honestly go up to the counter and tell the workers off for doing that.

-----

Don't let what other people are saying put you off something.

And I don't see why the book would make people hate Catholics more. It's not as if it specifically talks about Catholics all the time.

So yeah, read it. It IS a good book, even if it's only good because it's badly written. If you like it, then read Angels and Demons.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-05-26, 10:07 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Now that is stupid. I'd honestly go up..."
finaly a thread i can be kinda prode of
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-05-26, 10:13 AM in reply to jamer123's post starting "finaly a thread i can be kinda prode of"
What does 'prode' mean?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven