Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2008-02-20, 07:41 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "He's only a year older than me though..."
slaynish said:
He's only a year older than me though...
That's correct. He makes you look foolish.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-02-20, 07:50 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "He's only a year older than me though..."
slaynish said:
He's only a year older than me though...
Exactly. MJ>Slaynish.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-02-20, 07:51 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "That's correct. He makes you look..."
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе said:
That's correct. He makes you look foolish.

That's okay. He's a fucking genius.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2008-02-20, 07:58 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "That's okay. He's a fucking genius."
slaynish said:
That's okay. He's a fucking genius.
We'll send you a postcard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-02-20, 10:36 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "In this case, and some others, it..."
slaynish said:
Just because somebody says something it doesnt necessarily mean they believe in it.
I wish I could say that about evolution denialists.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-02-21, 06:38 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I wish I could say that about evolution..."
Wow this has gotten way off topic.

Though, I guess having such a load of crap article it's okay to go off topic. Adrena, who are you going to support in the general election? I'm sure I could throw down all day long on any candidate that you support as soon as you tell me. I would assume Mitt Romney, and so awesomely he has dropped out of the race. But go ahead and fill me in.

It's much easier to bring somebody/something else down than something you believe in.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-02-21, 07:20 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "We'll send you a postcard."
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе said:
We'll send you a postcard.
We?

get off mj's balls? lawl
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-02-21, 10:55 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Wow this has gotten way off topic. ..."
D3V said:
Wow this has gotten way off topic.

Though, I guess having such a load of crap article it's okay to go off topic. Adrena, who are you going to support in the general election? I'm sure I could throw down all day long on any candidate that you support as soon as you tell me. I would assume Mitt Romney, and so awesomely he has dropped out of the race. But go ahead and fill me in.

It's much easier to bring somebody/something else down than something you believe in.
If for some magical reason Ron Paul is on the ballot he will get my vote first.
I believe we need a president that respects and understands our Constitution.

This person needs to understand personal responsibility and the fact that the federal government does not have the right to deal in things the states are designed to do, say abortion, education, drugs, and many other policies.

I for a strong border but expedited immigration processes, there should be no reason to me, to force a qualified individual to wait for years and years to become a citizen.

I see that throughout history freedom never destroys a nation, government does.

That Brings me to McCain, I don't like him so much, his attacks on the UFC, political free speech, I do not like the fact that he pushes bills that forgive millions of criminals, people that knowingly broke the law, and just forgive them,.. There are many things I do not like about him, I do not like the fact that he will keep our military noses up the ass of the whole world, but to me it's better than ignoring threats all together. He pledges to keep taxes low and not create more government beauracracies, he recognizes high taxes, and bullshit wastefull and entitlement spending crushes the economy.

Hillary is horrifying.

Though he has no chance, I actually voted for Huckabee in the primary. His connection to religion obviously has nothing to do with it, it's because of the FairTax.

The fact is, that neither party really captures my views but I see the most dangerous thing for this country is government schools(teachers unions in particular) The monopoly on education in this country is sickening, and welfare. Punishing those who achieve and rewarding those who fail is for sure counterproductive. I know there is a mass of people in this country that really could not or cannot support themselves, they do need help. But I believe that without the burden of government a more prosperous public would be more generous in the first place.

If it's Billary, I will vote republican for sure. if it's Obama I am undecided

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-21, 02:09 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "So I just read that. You guys really..."
[quote]Game, set and match, Obama, you commie pinko! But wait, she's not done yet:[quote]
Do you have any idea how much stuff is just made up during a presidential campaign? I think not!
Try this, it makes fun of the fact that people make stuff up during a campaign:
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...most_important
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-02-21, 02:23 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "[quote]Game, set and match, Obama, you..."
Quote:
If for some magical reason Ron Paul is on the ballot he will get my vote first.
I believe we need a president that respects and understands our Constitution.

This person needs to understand personal responsibility and the fact that the federal government does not have the right to deal in things the states are designed to do, say abortion, education, drugs, and many other policies.

I for a strong border but expedited immigration processes, there should be no reason to me, to force a qualified individual to wait for years and years to become a citizen.

I see that throughout history freedom never destroys a nation, government does.
You know, Besides Ron Paul's view on Medicare and Medicaid I really like him, he seems like a good guy, almost Huckabee-esque, thought not as preachery.

Quote:
That Brings me to McCain, I don't like him so much, his attacks on the UFC, political free speech, I do not like the fact that he pushes bills that forgive millions of criminals, people that knowingly broke the law, and just forgive them,.. There are many things I do not like about him, I do not like the fact that he will keep our military noses up the ass of the whole world, but to me it's better than ignoring threats all together. He pledges to keep taxes low and not create more government beauracracies, he recognizes high taxes, and bullshit wastefull and entitlement spending crushes the economy.
This will definately come out after the two individuals are elected. I really don't see McCain winning against Hillary or Barack, I really do now see Barack taking out HIllary and sweeping McCain.

Quote:
Hillary is horrifying.
Couldn't agree more, I heard her last night (or the night before?) and her voice absolutely drove me up the wall.

Quote:
Though he has no chance, I actually voted for Huckabee in the primary. His connection to religion obviously has nothing to do with it, it's because of the FairTax.
Don't forget Colbert, he is his running mate! LOL

Quote:
The fact is, that neither party really captures my views but I see the most dangerous thing for this country is government schools(teachers unions in particular) The monopoly on education in this country is sickening, and welfare. Punishing those who achieve and rewarding those who fail is for sure counterproductive. I know there is a mass of people in this country that really could not or cannot support themselves, they do need help. But I believe that without the burden of government a more prosperous public would be more generous in the first place.

I just can't stand people that are against Obama. He's the only candidate still running that has proposed tax cuts for college studens, a check you can obtain from the government as basically a grant to help pay for school, it's something like 4,000 a year for tuition. That'a amazing, I don't care if they have to restructure how they pay for things in the country, Education is the most important thing for the advancement in our country, we need to get out of backwoods redneck politics and become a greater, more education nation that can grow and still compete in the global economy.

Quote:
If it's Billary, I will vote republican for sure. if it's Obama I am undecided
That's hopeful, atleast in my opinion. I see Obama as getting more Independants than Mccain, on the sole fact of the War in Iraq. It's very simple, McCain supports staying at war forever, Obama wants a phased withdrawl within his first year in office (not the stupid ass proposals of 90 days like Hillary who doesn't know jackshit about military operations)

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-02-21, 02:31 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "You know, Besides Ron Paul's view on..."
Big tax breaks for college students is huge, but I was more pointing out the lower schools, I think they need to restore competetion between schools, Private schools that would be competing for students and money, the better a school the more students and money, the better education. The way they simply lower standards so that no school is 'left behind' is disgusting, standards need to be raised higher and higher and higher.

Keep in mind these people are running for the office of Commander and Chief of the United States Armed Services, not the board of education, not to run the economy, not for enviornmental protection. This person's job is not going to be to decide interest rates or wages, not to run the lives of individuals at all.

If you really want things changed, your congressperson is where the real power is.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Adrenachrome; 2008-02-21 at 02:34 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-21, 02:40 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Big tax breaks for college students is..."
Well, some of that may be true, and the President does hold the power to be Commander in Chief, but that's not the only thing the president is responsible at all, not even close.

If the president wants anything done, he/she has more power than any individual in the rest of the country to get it done. He also has the power to veto everything that congress sends his way, and when you really sit down and think about it, he is going to be assisting in running the economy, he really will be setting standards for automotive plants, which will help protect the enviorment, what i'm saying is there are tons of aspects of being president.

I just hope we can move past this election, back together as a country, economy, and continue to challenge the rest of the nations around us intellectually and economically.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-02-22, 07:36 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, some of that may be true, and the..."
He pledges to raise taxes on businesses. How do you think that will effect the economy?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-23, 08:15 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "He pledges to raise taxes on..."
Make some of them less enthused about trading in America, causing them to possibly look for new markets, especially in Western Europe... where they'll also be taxed highy. Which isn't really the best way to go. Your economy is nowhere near as strong as it once was, which needs to be dealt with, especially after the fiasco with all the money lenders in the middle of last year.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-03-10, 06:45 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "He pledges to raise taxes on..."
Adrenachrome said:
He pledges to raise taxes on businesses. How do you think that will effect the economy?

Show me a bit of proof on this, and what exactly you are refferring to.

And in that time, reiterate about how a war that costs $110 million a day effects the economy? I'm pretty sure a 1% fucking increase on taxes of companies outsourcing their jobs is not even remotely similar to the war funding that's wasting every last bit of our resources.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V