Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Posted 2002-06-13, 02:07 PM in reply to tacoX's post "RPG Maker 2000"
I would, but I can't come up with a good story... Sure, a guy could go through a cool cave, but.. why? And why does that guy want to join the party so badly? I'm not a very good writer...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2003-09-19, 07:28 PM in reply to tacoX's post "RPG Maker 2000"
It is easy to make games with Rm2k. Transitions? Easy. CMS?(Custom Menu Screen) Easy. You guys are Noobies. Oh well, I was one too. Read the help file, and play with all the junk so you can eventually make a good game. Go to http:\\www.gamingw.net
Just go to RPG Maker 2000. Then download NigSek. See what RPG Maker 2000 Can really do!!!!!
Also, there is a new RPG Maker! RPG Maker 2003!
go to War of the Magi
And the Transitions so it is like Zelda:

<>Erase Screen:Erase Screen (Direction)
<>Teleport:[xxx]
<>Show Screen: No Transition
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LinkMaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLinkMaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LinkMaster

Posted 2003-09-20, 10:59 AM in reply to tacoX's post "RPG Maker 2000"
LinkMaster said:
It is easy to make games with Rm2k. Transitions? Easy. CMS?(Custom Menu Screen) Easy. You guys are Noobies. Oh well, I was one too. Read the help file, and play with all the junk so you can eventually make a good game. Go to http:\\www.gamingw.net
Just go to RPG Maker 2000. Then download NigSek. See what RPG Maker 2000 Can really do!!!!!
Also, there is a new RPG Maker! RPG Maker 2003!
Have you even READ the other threads, or the title of the section? We're fully aware of the new RPG Maker. Trust me on that. This is just an old thread.

Quote:

go to War of the Magi
And the Transitions so it is like Zelda:

<>Erase Screen:Erase Screen (Direction)
<>Teleport:[xxx]
<>Show Screen: No Transition
Obviously.

BlueCube said:

Erase Screen, choose Scroll Right
Teleport command
Show Screen, choose Scroll Left
A bit different since it's RPG MAKER 2000 like it says in the TITLE... Plus your way doesn't have quite the Zelda effect. It scrolls off nicely, but then it just "appears" there. Instead of scrolling in. Sorry, thanks for playing.

And if you're trying for the correct syntax, that's also wrong, since our "official" RPG Maker is the RPG Advocate version, if you read the other threads (which you should before calling anyone "Noobies".) So again, you lose.

<>Hide Screen: Screen Moves Left
<>Teleport: mmmm:MapName (xxx, yyy), Retain Facing
<>Show Screen: Screen Moves Right

So, if you were trying to show off your "expert-ness" you failed on two counts - functionality and syntax. (And reading skills, since you don't even realize how old this thread is, but you didn't claim that you had any reading skills in the first place so I'll let that slide.) Good for you!

(Yes, I'm a bit angry at that "Noobies" comment.)

Edit: 
A quick check in your "other" post shows that you did, in fact, get the RPG Advocate version. So you don't have any excuse for getting the syntax wrong.

Last edited by BlueCube; 2003-09-20 at 11:03 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube