Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

mana shield or no?
Posted 2004-08-03, 02:56 PM
ok i just started my sorc, got all her gear a managed to find out that i only need 67 str....so my question is should i dump the rest of the points into vita or learn mana shield and dump them into both???

pk, fire sorc...fyi
~"In The Eye!!"~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JestinDeCourts is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJestinDeCourts is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JestinDeCourts

Posted 2004-08-03, 03:02 PM in reply to JestinDeCourts's post "mana shield or no?"
put everything into vita. if you have alot of mana then put 1 into mana shield if you don't have alot mana then don't use. put everything in vita you need alot of hp to survive in hell mode
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-08-03, 03:31 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "put everything into vita. if you have..."
In hell I have a lvl 3 energy shield, with 800 health and 320 mana. I do just find and dont have a merc, not sure if this helps at all. If you are going to have enough mana then I would suggest you use energy shield.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-08-03, 11:13 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "In hell I have a lvl 3 energy shield,..."
I say put into mana sheild because i do play hardcore lvl91 now using manasheild as well as my other friends. I havent put 1 point into energy and have 1k+ mana and 1k+life. your +skill items would boost it up to about lvl9 or 10 which would be about 65% dmg taken to mana, helps a great deal in hell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2004-08-04, 12:46 PM in reply to Pekson's post starting "I say put into mana sheild because i do..."
definately put a few points in mana shield 2-3 it is worth the investment and can help alot especially if you have plus skill items.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Blackadder is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBlackadder is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Blackadder

Posted 2004-08-04, 01:32 PM in reply to Blackadder's post starting "definately put a few points in mana..."
well the bad thing is that if u haev little health, and a monster in hell attacks you, if u use mana shield like all your mana will be gone, also mana shield sux in duels because u lose all mana when someone attacks you so it can help save you but for a price of losing mana so u will need mana potions and stuff
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-08-04, 03:54 PM in reply to JestinDeCourts's post "mana shield or no?"
JestinDeCourts said:
ok i just started my sorc, got all her gear a managed to find out that i only need 67 str....so my question is should i dump the rest of the points into vita or learn mana shield and dump them into both???

pk, fire sorc...fyi
I never use mana shield and in hell i tank alot of the time...... I use a merc off lvl2 and max out ice sheild and i highly rely on resists charms and gear but I have no problems in hell......I opt not to use mana shield......dump into vitality and synergies of what ever skill you have choosen cold or fire, and if you have leftovers try and get as many into lighting for a second skill

d
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dam

Posted 2004-08-04, 03:57 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "well the bad thing is that if u haev..."
If you can afford it, stock up on 70/15's. But to get 39 of those... shit how many 290's? Never traded for one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-08-04, 04:00 PM in reply to dam's post starting "I never use mana shield and in hell i..."
dam said:
I never use mana shield and in hell i tank alot of the time...... I use a merc off lvl2 and max out ice sheild and i highly rely on resists charms and gear but I have no problems in hell......I opt not to use mana shield......dump into vitality and synergies of what ever skill you have choosen cold or fire, and if you have leftovers try and get as many into lighting for a second skill

d
srry its called frozen armor and also get at lease 1 point into warmth tooooo

d
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dam

Posted 2004-08-04, 04:02 PM in reply to JestinDeCourts's post "mana shield or no?"
Energy shield just sux hard.
My sorc has over 1000 mana and lvl 1 energy shield, and even with that much mana it S-U-C-K-S

Get more vitality, dont waste your points at energy shield and the pre's
Make sure you put at least 1 in frozen armor, its a godly 1 point - miracle (when i have all my synergies maxed, i spend all my skills on frozen armor)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar

Posted 2004-08-05, 12:53 AM in reply to Dr. Geekstar's post starting "Energy shield just sux hard. My sorc..."
nah i beg to differ geekster, if u wanna go ES plan to have it maxed and have 3kish mana, if u go ES u become more defensive and opens up the spectrum for gear choices cuz 85%ish absorb being non lighting build soaks up allot , if not u will have more fire power so to speak <_<
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-08-05, 01:11 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "nah i beg to differ geekster, if u..."
I have always hated mana shield..... No matter what level it is at In hell with 1 k mana it still fucking pisses me off when it whipes away my mana
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2004-08-05, 01:17 AM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "I have always hated mana shield..... No..."
thats way too low to be using ES, for every point of damg ES drains 2 points, each pt into TK reduces that amount by 6.25% so u end up taking 1/3 of the damg to mana and a miniscule amount to life hence the HUGE mana pool of 3k + if u intend on maxing it, ive used my barb vs a ES sorc using 2*ebotd 414ed and 412ed and only took out HALF his mana and like 1/10 of his life(1.4k total) he told me he maxed ES and had 3k mana o did i mention he had only 10%dr from shako?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-08-05, 07:04 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "thats way too low to be using ES, for..."
ES is godly, if used correctly, like blck said.

You can figure that by maxing ES and putting 16 points into Telekinesis, every point of damage you take is 1:1 ratio on Mana then. If you have 3k mana, you can roughly figure on having an extra 1950 HP from that (assuming 65% damage redirect from ES, too lazy to look up a real #).

If you're a Lightning build, you don't even need to max ES, as your +skill and +Lit skills should have you covered.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-05, 10:14 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "ES is godly, if used correctly, like..."
Yeah my bowsorc uses ES and she only has 300+ HP with BO lol and survives alot of duelz and owns alot of people
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-08-05, 12:29 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "ES is godly, if used correctly, like..."
Vollstrecker said:
ES is godly, if used correctly, like blck said.

You can figure that by maxing ES and putting 16 points into Telekinesis, every point of damage you take is 1:1 ratio on Mana then. If you have 3k mana, you can roughly figure on having an extra 1950 HP from that (assuming 65% damage redirect from ES, too lazy to look up a real #).

If you're a Lightning build, you don't even need to max ES, as your +skill and +Lit skills should have you covered.
there are 2 ways to building a lighting sorc, either maxing ES or not, if u do you'd be taking little damg but u still either way you need a huge mana pool if you are using ES at around 65%-95% absorb at 65 id say around 1.5k-2K mana with a moderate amount into TK at 95% id recommend 3k+ mana but the amounts of damg in PvP vary so much that a 40k+ hit could still wipe out a great portion of your mana, leaving you extremely weak as mana is you real life with ES, it dies you have to run and regen ur mana back and recast it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

blckshdwdragon