Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Posted 2008-10-16, 01:40 PM
As with many people, the Indiana Jones series was a very memorable and pleasant part of my childhood. From the holy grail to the arc of the covenant, our favorite whip-brandishing protagonist robbed his way into our hearts. Well, does the latest incarnation of this famed series hold a candle? In short, kind of.

The story starts off with the typical 'foreign' bad guys (Russians this time), and Indy is back at the university where he works. The ruthless Russians lay waste to the guards of a giant warehouse which holds all kinds of goodies (there's even a reference to one of the later movies, if you pay attention.) Of course Indy holds the key to finding what they seek, so they must go after him.

Sounds good so far, right? Well, there's a big fat wrench thrown into the gears of this movie. A big fat wrench with a weird sounding name, Shia Labeouf. Of course, he's the next big thing, so his name has to as many movies as possible before he becomes irrelevant. But Indiana Jones? Throughout the entire movie he's just a nagging presence of mediocrity. Not only is he annoying, but he commits the ultimate sin, taking a good bit of attention from Indiana (who is the one we actually give a fuck about.)

Don't get me wrong, there's some pretty cool special effects, and Harrison Ford does a decent job. However, Shia just ruins it. That and a logic-defying explosion scene (you'll see if you haven't already) that makes one impressed by how blatantly the movie spits in the face of science.

Anyways, with that all being said, I'd give this movie a 6/10. It's a decent film to watch, moderately entertaining, and has Harrison Ford doing an okay performance. However, if you're a true Indiana Jones fan, you might be disappointed. But then again, the Temple of Doom sucked balls, so maybe you won't be.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-10-16, 01:43 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the..."
From what i've heard amongst some buddies of mine is that they were disappoited in the legacy "aspect" of this movi; however, it was still a good movie to watch overall. Definate DVD?.. That's what i'm going to wait for.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-10-16, 02:17 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "From what i've heard amongst some..."
The DVD is out. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Thought it was a tad far-fetched, all of the others were as well. They didn't do a bad job given the gap of time between the last film and this one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-10-16, 10:03 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "The DVD is out. I enjoyed it quite a..."
Eh. It was ok but nothing I'd ever buy. Rent would be the farthest I'd go.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-10-17, 05:36 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the..."
Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
the Temple of Doom sucked balls
Serious? That movie was my favorite Indy movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-10-17, 01:34 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Serious? That movie was my favorite..."
Did you guys see the new South Park? Not this weeks episode but last? It's all about how Harrison Ford got 'raped' aka implying the movie really sucked balls.

I haven't seen the movie so I couldn't really make a judgement.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-17, 01:57 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Did you guys see the new South Park?..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
Did you guys see the new South Park? Not this weeks episode but last? It's all about how Harrison Ford got 'raped' aka implying the movie really sucked balls.
Yeah I saw that. The rape scenes they had were a little too intense... seriously we don't need to see George Lucas and Steven Spielberg raping Indiana Jones 4 different times.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-19, 04:24 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah I saw that. The rape scenes they..."
I completely agree, they went overboard there but the last one that came out was pretty funny.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-