Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

creating title screens
Posted 2006-07-04, 02:54 PM
hey im kinda new to rpg maker and i need to know how to change my title screen from the default one
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Night Fiend is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNight Fiend is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Night Fiend

Posted 2006-07-04, 04:22 PM in reply to Night Fiend's post "creating title screens"
What you do is open one of the default title screens to find out the dimensions and colour pallete stuff in Photoshop or whatever program you wanna use.

From here you can create a new 'project' and simply create you title screen and save it as the same format as the default ones are.

Open RPG maker, import title screen and select you newly created one. From here, go to the database and go to system 1 or 2(same one as the battle music selection,etc.) and there is a thumbnail of a default title screen and a button you can click to select other ones, do so and select your title screen. You can also do this for a game over screen.

YAY for crappy explanations!

Hope it helps though. Someone else will prolly post the dimensions, etc. I can not remember them.
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2006-07-04, 04:55 PM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "What you do is open one of the default..."
You should save them as png's as they are by far the best to use in rpg maker. Welcome to Zelaron!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-05, 07:54 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "You should save them as png's as they..."
Thanks for the help. I got another question. I have this dungeon where the main character has to fight a series of battles but i can't figure out how to make it so after they battle the monster they can't fight it again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Night Fiend is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNight Fiend is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Night Fiend

Posted 2006-07-05, 09:39 AM in reply to Night Fiend's post starting "Thanks for the help. I got another..."
What you need is an event that triggers a series of battles with the troop ID that isn't used anywhere else in the dungeon. I'd post an example but I don't have Rpgmaker on this computer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-05, 10:51 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "What you need is an event that triggers..."
Switches, I'd say.

First of all, which version of RPGMaker are you using, Night Fiend?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-05, 12:27 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Switches, I'd say. First of all,..."
I'm using RPG maker XP. I need it so that after each battle the character can't fight it again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Night Fiend

Posted 2006-07-05, 12:40 PM in reply to Night Fiend's post starting "I'm using RPG maker XP. I need it so..."
Aye. Switches.

Basically you have an event with a conditional branch, and a handful of switches.

Each monster corresponds to a switch. For example, Mr. Slime could be switch [0001], whilst Mr. Big Shot Bossy guy is switch [0057].

When you go up to the monster (I assume that they'll be shown), the event that shows them is a conditional branch that checks if said switch is on. If it is, it stops you from fighting the monster. If the switch ISN'T on, then it sends you straight into the monster battle.

Assuming you don't die, at the end of the battle, that monster's switch is turned ON.

If you give me about 30 minutes, the once I've cooked and eaten my pizza, and hoping that the threatened Thunderstorm doesn't come, or someone else doesn't use the computer, I could probably toss a demo together for you.

EDIT: Unless, of course, you want to try it out for yourself first to see if you can get it to work.

If so, then you'd have to put the event in the Monster Group part of the database, to be triggered when the Monster dies/HP is between 1% and 0%... ish.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-05, 12:44 PM in reply to Night Fiend's post starting "I'm using RPG maker XP. I need it so..."
hi if u want i can make a demo for u and ill post it probably tonight or tommorow if u have time just tell me how u want it and ill try to do it like that otherwise ill just go off the top of my head and try
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
phsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenphsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

phsyco025

Posted 2006-07-05, 02:16 PM in reply to phsyco025's post starting "hi if u want i can make a demo for u..."
Here's your demo, buddy.

Easy using the RMXP built in functions:

Conditional branch checking if the monster's switch is ON.

If it is, then nothing happens.

If not, it creates an Enemy Encounter with a custom Defeat Handler -- if you win, then that monster's switch is turned ON.

--

If you need help opening the file in RMXP, just ask.

Last edited by Lenny; 2015-04-15 at 08:16 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-05, 02:44 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Here's your demo, buddy. Easy using..."
heres the demo i said i would make maybe it'll help or Lenny's as long as one helps its all good
Attached Files
File Type: zip Project1.zip (211.3 KB, 6 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
phsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenphsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

phsyco025

Posted 2006-07-05, 02:57 PM in reply to phsyco025's post starting "heres the demo i said i would make..."
Edit: 
Right, I've got myself in order now.

Mine shows how to use switches to stop yourself fighting something twice.

Psycho's shows the series of battles.

Methinks what you want, Fiend, is a hybrid of the two, yes?

I also think that you should be able to put it all together using the two demo's. Just ask if you need any help.

Last edited by Lenny; 2006-07-05 at 03:07 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-05, 03:03 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Right, I've got myself in order now. ..."
it makes me happy to see people posting demos... yay for demos!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-05, 03:09 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "it makes me happy to see people posting..."

Well, they can help more than written explanations... but only in some cases. The are times when a written explanation is needed, but there are also times when one needs to make a demo because it's too complicated to describe, or one just cannot be arsed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-05, 04:10 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting ":p Well, they can help more than..."
yes... I saw Phsyco post one...It just made me feel good to see someone who isn't exactly seasoned in rmxp actually make a demo. Dunno, could be lack of sleep though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-05, 04:18 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "yes... I saw Phsyco post one...It just..."
lol thx and i also used the explosion thing u taughed me i hope u don't mind but i just couldnt help it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

phsyco025

Posted 2006-07-05, 07:42 PM in reply to phsyco025's post starting "lol thx and i also used the explosion..."
Yay! Don't you just love ending a demo like that? It makes it feel like it's really over, and not just ended abruptly because the lesson has been taught. And I'm part pyro, so... Yay! Nope I don't mind, I hope to spread the trend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-05, 08:50 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting ":grin: Yay! Don't you just love ending..."
ok sweet
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

phsyco025

Posted 2006-07-05, 10:19 PM in reply to phsyco025's post starting "ok sweet"
I made a demo like, last week. I didn't make it for a certain person, I was just bored, so I made a little demo on season/year-changing items. I too, like phsyco025, made it end with a bang-in this case, a megaton blast-in honor of Atnas. See, at the end, there's a cute little girl who says,"I have granted kids to hell..." And then she turns into a big demon thing and you explode.
Goro goro!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
llamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenllamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-07-06, 10:39 AM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "I made a demo like, last week. I didn't..."
Must be the American way - ending things in giant explosions.

Whereas I'd be inclined to use the more subtle "fall off a cliff" ending.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny