Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which name do you like best?
Abyssion 5 17.86%
Deus Engine 6 21.43%
You can come up with something better! 13 46.43%
Sword Chucks 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

New Band Name?
Posted 2005-07-04, 03:36 AM
So, we're getting to the point where it's absolutely ridiculous that we haven't decided on a name for this new band. The two biggest contenders are those listed above. Which do you guys prefer, or do you think we can come up with better?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-07-04, 03:40 AM in reply to Raziel's post "New Band Name?"
Does Deus mean something? I know its part of the title of a game...

I think you can think of something better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-07-04, 03:41 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Does Deus mean something? I know its..."
Deus means "God" in Latin. Pronounced "day-uss".

So, "God Engine", basically.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-07-04, 05:19 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Deus means "God" in Latin. Pronounced..."
What band?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-07-04, 09:52 AM in reply to Raziel's post "New Band Name?"
Out of the two, Dues Engine is the best.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-07-04, 12:16 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Out of the two, Dues Engine is the best."
Lenny said:
Out of the two, Dues Engine is the best.
Agreed.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2005-07-04, 02:35 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "What band?"
My band.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-07-04, 02:47 PM in reply to Raziel's post "New Band Name?"
Deus Engine isn't bad but you can come up with something better mate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-07-04, 03:35 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Deus Engine isn't bad but you can come..."
What type of band is it? What genre of music do you guys play? And how loud/melow is it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2005-07-04, 11:41 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "What type of band is it? What genre of..."
Metal. Fear Factory meets American Head Charge.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-07-05, 02:11 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Metal. Fear Factory meets American..."
How about American Head Factory then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2005-07-05, 09:12 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Metal. Fear Factory meets American..."
Sword Chucks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-07-05, 11:33 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Sword Chucks"
GravitonSurge said:
Sword Chucks
Wait, can I change my vote?

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2005-07-05, 01:05 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Wait, can I change my vote?"
Deus gets the vote, but I wouldn't set it in stone, there's better for sure.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-07-06, 04:05 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Deus gets the vote, but I wouldn't set..."
I saw American Head Charge in concert, they were supporting Static-X...

I wasn't impressed by AHC. Are they supposed to be popular?

On Topic: Deus Engine is so... I don't know, Latin seems overdone in the Metal field.

I'm not familiar with Fear Factory's style either, I think I listened to part of one song and didn't care for them at all. Got a few similar artists or something I can relate it to? I'll help think of other ideas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-07-06, 08:25 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I saw American Head Charge in concert,..."
My band's name is "no mercy percy"

I tried starting a metal band a couple years ago but nobody wanted to hear it around here so it fell apart. We had a list of names we were looking at and if i can find it I'll send you the list to see if you like any.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2005-07-06, 08:31 AM in reply to sue_13's post starting "My band's name is "no mercy percy" ..."
Of the ones there, Deus Engine

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-07-06, 09:32 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Of the ones there, Deus Engine"
Mmmmm... Deus Engine is pretty good.

I like the Sword Chucks reference, but I don't think many people would appreciate it.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-07-06, 02:24 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Mmmmm... Deus Engine is pretty good. ..."
I didn't really get it... it rang a bell though, anyone care to elaborate?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-07-06, 02:30 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I didn't really get it... it rang a..."
http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010815

?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy