Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Skill tree
Posted 2007-07-27, 11:16 PM
(just got RM2K3 AND IT ROCKS)it always says like :invoke chi(or whatever) i am COMPLETELY redoing all skills, regardless of how newb i am. (i'm coo' like dat') so, how do you modify things so they appear under invoke chi or such?please answer
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vlad Shadeu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenVlad Shadeu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Vlad Shadeu

Posted 2007-07-28, 05:06 PM in reply to Vlad Shadeu's post "Skill tree"
Vlad Shadeu said:
(just got RM2K3 AND IT ROCKS)it always says like :invoke chi(or whatever) i am COMPLETELY redoing all skills, regardless of how newb i am. (i'm coo' like dat') so, how do you modify things so they appear under invoke chi or such?please answer
Just set them up in the [Skill] tab in the Database - right by the name, there's a Type, where you can set the various... types of magic.

You can change the available types by using the [Battle Layout] tab, and on the right there's a section called Default Battle Commands. Hit the "Set" button and you can add/remove up to 5000 skill types. Make sure the archetype is set to Skill Subset so it shows up in when someone has that command. ("Skill" archetype holds all types of skills, which is useful if you're not separating your different types of magic/abilities into groups)

For example, you might have a magician with "White" and "Black" commands, and Cure / Fire set up as Skills. Cure would be "White", Fire would be "Black", and they'd appear in the proper command list.

You can also just have a magician with "Magic" as a command, and set its archetype to "Skill", and any abilities that the magician learns will show up under that, regardless of its type - both Cure and Fire would show up, whether or not you set up an ability type for them.

Another interesting use is to have characters "learn" the magic by leveling up, but be unable to use it until you give them access to that command - there's a "Change Battle Commands" event command. You can use this to give your magician "Time" magic after talking to an NPC, for example. Then, he can use all of the time magic that he has at his level.

Well, it's all up to how you want to set things up, of course. Magic types can be completely useless if you have no need for them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube