Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

No Halo 3 For PS3 Launch
Posted 2006-01-10, 02:50 PM
Such a shame too, it was going to be the 360's counter-attack to the PS3. Poor Gates got it wrong...again.

----------

http://www.ps3portal.com/xbox360/article/248.html

Last year Bill Gates was quoted by Time magazine as saying that Halo 3 would essentially be Microsoft’s counter to the PS3 launch. However this statement was later contradicted by Robbie Bach, president of the entertainment and devices division at Microsoft, who said that “Halo 3 is something that we will ship when it is ready”.

In an interview posted on Engadget Bill Gates took back his original statement, saying that “It's up to the team [Bungie] when they want to ship [Halo 3], and they're going to take their time to make that a super great product, so even we don't know when that will come out".There is still much speculation about when Halo 3 will be released, some are still saying that a November release is possible; while others say that it is likely to be released alongside the Halo movie in the summer of 2007. One thing that we know for sure as of right now is that Microsoft has no plans of releasing Halo3 on the PS3’s launch day. If you would like to read the full Bill Gates interview, it can be found here.

Bill Gates interview: http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/09/the-engadget-interview-bill-gates-again/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-10, 07:57 PM in reply to Lenny's post "No Halo 3 For PS3 Launch"
YESSSSSS thats better!

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2006-01-10, 10:13 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "YESSSSSS thats better!"
that sucks for me cause now i have to wait longer for the 3rd installment. Oh well its not like i have a 360 or anything
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-01-11, 09:38 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "that sucks for me cause now i have to..."
Haha, me neither, but I plan on having one by 2007!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2006-01-11, 09:48 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Haha, me neither, but I plan on having..."
Hopefully by then M$ will have sold the numbers they've been predicting.

Quote:
Microsoft conceded this week that it would miss its 90-day launch sales target for their Xbox 360 next generation console. The original projections were in the neighborhood of 3 million, however the actual figure comes in at about 1.3 million
http://www.ps3portal.com/xbox360/article/246.html

-----------

You never know, by the time Halo 3 comes out you may be able to get a package deal with the 360.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-11, 09:59 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Hopefully by then M$ will have sold the..."
Maybe I'll have a Plasma TV by then, too.. maybe..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2006-01-12, 03:13 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Maybe I'll have a Plasma TV by then,..."
That'd be the life, eh?

I might be able to persuade my parents to buy one...but then again...unless you can get them off Ebay pretty cheap. If so, then I think I have a plan forming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-01-14, 11:46 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Maybe I'll have a Plasma TV by then,..."
Holy shit, it's the non-NGM! Is he gay? The world may never know..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2006-01-14, 04:11 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Holy shit, it's the non-NGM! Is he..."
Titusfied said:
Holy shit, it's the non-NGM! Is he gay? The world may never know..
titus how many licks to the center of the tootsie pop?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-01-19, 10:29 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "titus how many licks to the center of..."
Hahahaha! That is actually exactly the thought that was going through my head when I wrote my post..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2006-01-19, 12:13 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Hahahaha! That is actually exactly the..."
haha thats funny. I thought it was just a fluke. But really how many?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-01-31, 07:22 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "haha thats funny. I thought it was just..."
Once again, Fuck gates, fuck microsoft. Go ps3!

Stupid n words, man fuck the 360. My friend's had one for a while now and he actually got Nba 2k6, what a fucking joke, all of the articles bashing it were completely right you cannot tell a difference at all it's so lame and the game cost 53 dollars, what a joke.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2006-01-31, 07:35 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Once again, Fuck gates, fuck microsoft...."
Wow guess who decided to crawl back out of his fucking sony loving hole. But anyway as far as not being able to tell the differences i guess your friend does not have any good games. Seriously have him rent Call of Duty 2 or Dead or Alive 4 and then come back here and tell me that you cannot tell the differences. I mean damn you must be blind.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2006-01-31, 09:55 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Once again, Fuck gates, fuck microsoft...."
I'm for PS3 too, but XboX 360 is GFG...and I can't wait for halo 3
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2006-02-01, 12:22 PM in reply to Great-Thanatos's post starting "I'm for PS3 too, but XboX 360 is..."
Even if we're Sony fanboys, we have to admit that Xbox has got it sorted in the online and multiplayer game department.

If Sony can do that with the PS3 then we will be more than happy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-02-01, 01:21 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Even if we're Sony fanboys, we have to..."
MP owns basically all normal gameplay. Once you get it right, you'd realize that. That is why XBox is awesome. Live rules.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2006-02-01, 05:40 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "MP owns basically all normal gameplay. ..."
And will rule with Halo 3. But I am more excited to see how the story ends.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-02-02, 11:47 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "And will rule with Halo 3. But I am..."
Talking yesterday about Live, talking today about "Playstation Network".

How's this for interesting?:

http://www.ps3portal.com/ps3/article/277.html

Quote:
According to an upcoming issue of Playstation Magazine (PSM) Sony is planning a fully unified online service that will tie in both the PS3 and PSP. This service is meant to be a direct attack on Xbox Live, which has been so successful over this last generation. PSM reports that developers will have to meet with Sony’s online compliance team to assure them of quality and quantity of features.

PSM’s sources all go unnamed in this article, which doesn’t seem too out of the ordinary. Lending credibility to their story is an online questionnaire, put out by Sony, which has been circulating the web. The type of questions asked in the survey lead one to believe that Sony is considering a more unified online service. This would also not be out of the question considering their marketing strategy, after all the online service could offer music, movie trailer downloads, and other things of that nature.

Right now the name given for this online service is ‘Playstation Network’ and it promises to be “bigger than Live”. Only time will tell if this statement is just the usual Sony hype or a soon to be fact. One thing that we can say for sure is that the chances of a unified Playstation online service are looking better by the day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-02-09, 12:54 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Talking yesterday about Live, talking..."
So, when is Halo3 coming out?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kenpo sensei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkenpo sensei is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kenpo sensei

Posted 2006-02-09, 04:51 PM in reply to kenpo sensei's post starting "So, when is Halo3 coming out?"
You can probably look forward to it around the time of the Halo film release in 2007 I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny