Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Good Diet?
Posted 2009-06-28, 05:17 PM
I understand that every person needs a custom diet so I don't expect for you to be my miracle curists. My current "diet" is atrocious. It consists of pepsi, pizza, noodles, and assorted canned foods. I also eat ag McDonalds and eat Chinese regularly. I don't currently exercise and deprive my body of sleep consistantly. I naturally have a fast metabolism so I'm not the weight I should be, thank God.

So, to design a good diet, I'll give you so info about myself:

-5' 11"
-184 lbs
-Favorite fruits: apples, banana's, oranges (to a point; gives me ulcers), kiwis, etc.
-I like some meats, but not all. I'm really only concerned about what's healthy
-I understand breads/pastas are Satan.
-I love sodas but the sugar and caffeine are terrible.

Any ideas?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2009-06-28, 05:22 PM in reply to Wed-G's post "Good Diet?"
Whats your goal? Losing weight? Gaining muscle? Just being 'healthier?'

Breads/pastas are not Satan if you eat whole wheat products. The danger is that most 'whole wheat' products are like 5% wheat and 95% flour and they dye it brown. The more grainy it feels in your hands, the better. Real bread shouldn't be soft and squishy. If the bread you're eating has high fructose corn syrup added, stop eating it. (Avoid that stuff entirely.)

Anyway, start here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3720211
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-28, 06:21 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Whats your goal? Losing weight? Gaining..."
Trying to get healthy. After I'm at a decent point, I can start getting in shape.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2009-06-28, 07:34 PM in reply to Wed-G's post "Good Diet?"

Hello, sir. Do you ride a bicycle? Think about buying one.
The bicycle can provide a daily outlet for getting to and
from the important places you frequent. This hypotheses,
along with the others you read here, come from experience.
Also, yoga has proven to be a very fine life choice, you may
not regret beginning your mornings with the routine. If you
would like instruction in this, or to talk, feel free to send
messages to osuna.osuna (at) gmail (dot) com (email).
[Exercise]:
Running is also a very exciting activity. If you use a bike,
it's a good idea to find a nice route using google maps
so you assure both personal safety and avoid traffic fumes.
When you are ready for an advanced training, ride your bike
tangential to the route and plant water bottles in bushes,
or hidden. This is very exciting
[Eating habits]:
Drinking pepsi is idiotic and pointless. In fact, consuming
anything with hi-fructose corn syrup is. Why do you do that
to yourself? Why is it so important to address what you eat?
It's important to address consumption habits for the very
reason that your health is important, period. Did you know
that you can live on nuts, grains, cereals and a little meat
here and there? Just find how much this is a mental challenge
as much as a physical challenge to adapt your desires to a
more important goal.
Cheers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-06-28, 08:06 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "Hello, sir. Do you ride a bicycle?..."
Mdselctr, I am going to train mind flayers onto your first born. Consider this your fair warning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-29, 05:28 AM in reply to Wed-G's post "Good Diet?"
There's nothing wrong about pasta and bread! Try the whole grain variants.

Is it even possible to stay healthy and eat McDonalds, pizza and chinese food? Or maybe you need to eat less? Order a kids meal instead of the regular. If you eat more calories than you need, you will gain weight.

I don't eat any kind of meat any longer, except fish. Instead I eat beans, lentils and soya-proteins. I also try to avoid the semimanufactured products. This kind of "diet" makes my sensitive skin better (less itchy and red).

I think you will lose weight if you eat proper food. Cook your own meals, and drink water instead of soda.

Fruit is great too. Maybe you can mix some of your favourite berries and fresh fruit into a smoothie?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
skeptiskt enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzskeptiskt enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

skeptiskt

Posted 2009-06-29, 06:33 AM in reply to skeptiskt's post starting "There's nothing wrong about pasta and..."
My best advice is to not try to do everything perfect right away.

Try eating at McDonald's 1 less time a week for a month, then 2 less times the next month. Going cold turkey is just too tough, it's much easier to slowly eat away at your bad habits. If you love soda that much, start drinking diet. At first I hated diet soda, but honestly, drinking regular soda is horrible tasting to me now. After your good with drinking diet soda, try substituting a soda for a water every so often. Again, it's the little things that crush your diet.

As far as working out, all you need to do at first is elevate your heart rate for 20 minutes, 3 times a week and you'll start to get in better shape. Then build from there.

Baby steps.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-06-29, 09:45 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "My best advice is to not try to do..."
Much more of a logical way, Titus. Going cold turkey only last for like a week or two then you just go back into your old phase of eating junk all the time.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-06-30, 06:27 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Much more of a logical way, Titus...."
The only exception to the rule is for people that have had the workout bug and work ethic in the past. For instance, I used to workout for like 5 years, then got busy with work, was traveling a lot, eating out all the time because I was on the road, and didn't really have tie to workout for close to 3 years. Now, just this year I decided to get back into it, and went full throttle right away and have had great success. If I never worked out before, I would've hit a wall a while back and ended up quitting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-06-30, 08:30 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "The only exception to the rule is for..."
The reason my diet was so atrocious is because:

a) I was the assistant manager at Domino's Pizza,
b) I worked 40+ h.a.w. and never had time to cook and McDonalds was right across the street.
c) Not enough sleep, soda keeps me up.

The girlfriend and I love chinese food so we'll pick some up and chow down while watching anime. (Not to enhance the experience, I'm not gay, you know.)

Now, I switched jobs, so it'll be a lot easier (or convenient, actually) to bring my own lunch (if that's what you can call a meal at 3am.)

Until my band is signed. Then, it's on to tour with tons of shit food and lack of sleep again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G