Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like the favicon?
Yes. Yes, I do. 9 90.00%
No, it's horrible. 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Favicon.
Posted 2008-04-19, 05:15 PM
Ever notice how other websites have little logos next to the web address? Or in your favorites or bookmarks tab?

Did you also notice how Zelaron has yet to have one?

Not anymore.

I've designed a favicon based on the color scheme of x79 (won't matter much as it's a multitude of pixels away and the color seperation won't be noticeable.)

So, I wanted your opinions on it, I can change it if you don't like it or you can post your own and we can vote on them.

----

But here it is.

The link to the actual ico file is here. http://d.1asphost.com/nevermore2ascend/favicon.ico
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-04-19, 05:19 PM in reply to Wed-G's post "Favicon."
Give more options in the poll. Saying, it sucks, is a bad idea. Some people might want you to tweak it a little to make it better so it would be "Alright" not sucking though.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-04-19, 05:19 PM in reply to Wed-G's post "Favicon."
Did you all the variations, or just that one? Most icons should at least have 16x16 and 32x32 images in both 256 and 16 colors.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-04-19, 05:20 PM in reply to Wed-G's post "Favicon."
I actually think it's pretty damn good.

Just one suggestion. Any chance we could make the white part transparent?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-19, 05:21 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Did you all the variations, or just..."
WetWired said:
Did you all the variations, or just that one? Most icons should at least have 16x16 and 32x32 images in both 256 and 16 colors.
I was going to write something like this, but forgot as I was writing.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-04-19, 06:23 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Did you all the variations, or just..."
WetWired said:
I'm gonna. I couldn't a while because it's girlfriend time.

I should do this later.

Mjordan2nd said:
Any chance we could make the white part transparent?
Yeah, it should be in the actual ico file.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-04-19, 07:26 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I'm gonna. I couldn't a while because..."
And here I figured you somehow misspelled "Famicom." Nevermind...

I vote yes to the "Z"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-04-19, 08:12 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "And here I figured you somehow..."
Alright. Got all forms. Wanna implement it and test it out for a while?

http://d.1asphost.com/nevermore2ascend/favicon.ico

Last edited by Wed-G; 2008-04-19 at 08:37 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2008-04-19, 09:14 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Give more options in the poll. Saying,..."
Goodlookinguy said:
Give more options in the poll. Saying, it sucks, is a bad idea. Some people might want you to tweak it a little to make it better so it would be "Alright" not sucking though.
I agree. I think it is nice but could use some tweeking to make it better. It is not something that I would like over all else. Kinda just not the type of thing that seems to fit the rest of the site.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-20, 01:55 AM in reply to Wed-G's post "Favicon."
I like the idea of a Zelaron favicon, but Zelaron is sharp and edgy, not round and softly glowing.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-04-20, 08:51 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I like the idea of a Zelaron favicon,..."
Chruser said:
I like the idea of a Zelaron favicon, but Zelaron is sharp and edgy, not round and softly glowing.
I can try something new.

http://d.1asphost.com/nevermore2ascend/favicon2.ico

Last attempt. Either majority wins or you can make your own.

Last edited by Wed-G; 2008-04-20 at 09:24 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2008-04-20, 09:54 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I can try something new. ..."
I think the icon should be more edgy. Just alter the old design a bit, and the famicon should be OK
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-04-20, 01:04 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I think the icon should be more edgy...."
Definatly like the new one! Works for me!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-20, 03:02 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I can try something new. ..."
I prefer the first one ya posted.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-04-20, 03:11 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I prefer the first one ya posted."
I like that too but it is too round. This isn't a rounded community.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-20, 03:28 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I like that too but it is too round...."
Asamin said:
I like that too but it is too round. This isn't a rounded community.
Asamin, I just said that 3 posts back. And your second sentence doesn't make sense (rounded community? so it's an edgy community???).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-04-20, 03:37 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Asamin, I just said that 3 posts back...."
Yes, it did make sense. You just aren't intelligent enough to realize it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-20, 03:51 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Yes, it did make sense. You just aren't..."
Okay children, enough.

Why, it made sense, believe me.

I personally think the design looks nice right now.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-04-20, 04:07 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Okay children, enough. Why, it made..."
Well whatever, my point is that Asamin shouldn't repeat something already said, it makes him look like a fool, (then he makes up for it by calling people stupid)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-04-20, 07:07 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Well whatever, my point is that Asamin..."
You just got burned by GLG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin