Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Why do orcs suck so much?

Posted 2002-08-27, 09:22 PM

I've been loyal to the horde an it seems that orcs have quite a disadvantage, or maybe I'm just using them wrong if someone disagress with me can they explain why the don't suck?

- Bill Lumbergh
Team games are for n00bz.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lumbergh is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLumbergh is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Lumbergh

Posted 2002-08-27, 09:28 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
wow you sound like an orc yourself 'ive been loyal to the horde' but you gotta use bloodlust and such.

btw kickass name, Office Space was a HILARIOUS movie.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2002-08-28, 10:12 AM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
Orcs Dominate Tier 1 and Tier 3.. they are vulnerable at Tier 2 since there are no new good units to make.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-08-28, 10:25 AM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
orcs are good you just need to know what they are good against, each race is only good against another, some has dissadvantages against others, that is how the game was meant to be designed. thats why an experienced player will quicklly change the race depending on their oponent.
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-08-28, 04:52 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
Random games you don't get a clue what the other race is. So "experienced players" don't get to change their race. By the way, many people say that Orc is the worst 1v1 race. I disagree. A good Teir 1 combo is Grunts and HH (HeadHunters). Teir 2 gets a little sticky. You have to just use the Teir 1 units, but buff them up a little with upgrades. Another strat you can use is build Beastiaries and get about 8 Raiders for a hit and run on their major buildings. This strat can cripple them, and helpfully leads to the Wyvern strategy. Wyverns with bloodlust, at a good speed, is practically undefeatble. There's my advice. Better not copy me
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WhaBAM is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenWhaBAM is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

WhaBAM

Posted 2002-08-28, 05:02 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
Quote:
Originally posted by WhaBAM
There's my advice. Better not copy me
MUHAHAHahhahah
dont worry i dont have the game yet, but when i do... heheh
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-08-28, 05:08 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
As long as I 0wn your sorry butt at my own game My Orc skillz 0wn your s0rry 0rc sk!llz
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WhaBAM is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenWhaBAM is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

WhaBAM

Posted 2002-08-29, 05:31 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
orcs are really good against night-elf. for one thing, peons can withstand lvl1 entangle.(thats what i use to fux people up in the beginning)++grunts are really strong compared to footmen and such
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
theReyalP is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentheReyalP is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

theReyalP

Posted 2002-08-29, 05:43 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
but also takes more money, food and time to train one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-09-02, 04:57 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
I tried many different strats for 1 on 1 with the orcs, the best i came up with is the multi unit/statis ward/healing ward/purge/lightning shield strat. To use that stratagy, you must have quick hands and great accuracy and timing. O and btw all the beginning orc units pretty much suck. too costly, not enough damage or bonus'.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lumbergh is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLumbergh is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Lumbergh

Posted 2002-09-12, 11:38 AM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
Orcs dont necessarily "suck"...it's just that there spellcasters are geared toward helping there own units instead of everyone elses that are geared more towards disabling the other teams main units....But orcs spellcasters can be easily countered by almost every race...dryads abolish magic and a priests dispel magic keep shamans constantly out of the fight from keep autocasting BL...and you cant really stop an undead from possessing your taurens?...or crippling your wyverns...Orcs are unfortunately the easiest race to counter....which makes them the weakest in my mind =/
FliK, BluE LightninG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FliK is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFliK is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FliK

Posted 2002-09-12, 02:45 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Lumbergh

I've been loyal to the horde an it seems that orcs have quite a disadvantage, or maybe I'm just using them wrong if someone disagress with me can they explain why the don't suck?
- Bill Lumbergh
Quote:
Sorry that you're a queer who can't play the game. Maybe you should exchange it at the wal-mart you bought it from for Deer Hunter 6 Gold Edition.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-09-13, 03:12 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
:O)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-09-14, 11:06 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
Orcs do not suck - they have the best support casters in the game
(witch doctors + shaman)

They also have the best Tier 1 units (Grunts) vs
NE (hunts), HMN (footmen), UD (ghouls)

shaman's bloodlust is one of the most effective positive buffs in the game. also against an early rush - orcs have orc burrows and towers......
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StonedTauren is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStonedTauren is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StonedTauren

Posted 2002-09-15, 11:05 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
StonedTauren

"Orcs do not suck - they have the best support casters in the game
(witch doctors + shaman)"

Yes, Orcs do have the best support spellcasters in the game...thats why they ARE at a disadvantage...Every other spellcaster is designed basically to counter bloodlust and wards...and grunts ARNT best tier 1 any good player will tell you this grunts are very costly and without lust arnt very good early game.

theReyalP

"orcs are really good against night-elf. for one thing, peons can withstand lvl1 entangle."

Wow thats about the only thing i can think of that puts orc at a advantage over ne...lol...Orc are probably at the biggest disadvantage against night elf...kotg's entangle harrass will rape grunts early game...and late game...dryads abolish magic will keep healing wards gone and lust dispelled...druids of the talon have no problem keeping taurens in the air or in crow form owning wyverns hard...I'm not saying orc cant beat ne..no of course not any good player can find ways to overcome hardcore counters, but an orc basically has to go bloodlust to win and with races that can counter it with ease the race takes a lot to win with..

WhaBAM

"Random games you don't get a clue what the other race is. So "experienced players" don't get to change their race. By the way, many people say that Orc is the worst 1v1 race. I disagree. A good Teir 1 combo is Grunts and HH (HeadHunters). Teir 2 gets a little sticky. You have to just use the Teir 1 units, but buff them up a little with upgrades. Another strat you can use is build Beastiaries and get about 8 Raiders for a hit and run on their major buildings"

Yes, i'd have to agree random is definately the best pick to prevent hardcore combos....and no race is the 'best' 1v1 race..and it is best to mix up grunts and hh in tier 1...but building 8 raiders is definately not going to get you anywhere...i mean dont get me wrong raiders have there uses in games and they can be game deciding, but wasting money on 8 raiders means you could have had something ALOT more useful...(ie). 4 taurens..and in an orc vs orc...i think the best strategy to use is definately taurens raiders and shamans...but only 1 or 2 raiders to ensnare any wyverns that may damage your army...but other then that i wouldn't spend all that much time messing with raiders..thnx ^-^

FliK, BluE LightninG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FliK is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFliK is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FliK

Posted 2002-09-16, 12:44 AM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahh... well... yeah... if you can't use the orcs efficiently, then don't use them at all...

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2002-09-17, 03:52 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
Actually FliK orcs are ne's hardest race to counter. Ne's only real guaranteed chance to beat orcs is early, going hunts/ballista and preventing orc from fast teching. If orc get to bloodlust you will most likely lose period. Orc Shaman cost 2pop and 150gold to produce have 410hp and 400mana and do 19dmg avg. and bloodlust costs 50mana to cast and has no cooldown. Also gives +40% attack and +25% speed to units. Your dryads have 380hp and 200mana and abolish costs 75mana. If you really think that you can out abolish bloodlust then you are crazy. If they throw in witchdoctors with wards it is very very tough for ne to stop. Most add in taurens which I think are a mistake since cyclone can easily counter these but wyverns on the other hand can run circles around your DotTs with proper micro. Wyvern get +40% attack and +25% speed you better have 2-3 DotTs to every wyvern if you want to win this battle, especially since the shaman will be hitting you while the wyverns run you around. Throw in the fact the orc can tower creep while they quick tech and still have their heros relatively close in lvl to you makes it even worse for ne. There are ways to counter orc with ne but it requires the ne to play a very good game if they want to beat a orc player late game. Check warcraftstrategy.com Crazyassassin has written some decent articles on countering orc with ne, he also agrees that orc is ne's worst opponent.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
YuMMz is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenYuMMz is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

YuMMz

Posted 2002-09-17, 06:31 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
Yummz ...first off you've obviously never had dryads dispel your bloodlust...shamans TAKE time to cast bloodlust its not instant..and why there AUTOCASTING bloodlust they are out of the fight..dryads have no cooldown on abolish magic so the first 15-20 seconds of the battle you can kiss your shamans out of the fight...and you really cant say ANYTHING about taurens...spellcasters own them...and hard...your never going to have more taurens then your foe has dott...and i think your underestimating that wyverns ARNT a great flying unit...500 hp ..and medium damage piercing it WONT take 2-3 dott's to kill each one sorry....and even if they had bloodlust (if for some reason you didnt go dryads) you can produce 2-3 dott at the cost/time of a wyvern..if wyverns dont have bloodlust and you have 7 talons and they have 4 wyverns...they wyverns have no chance u might loose a few dott...and if you think the only way to beat a fast orc tech is going hunts ballistas? you've OBVIOUSLY never played anyone remotely challenging.....and night elf are excellent scouters...with hunts early game the orc SHOULDNT be able to expo...if he does...oh well then you expo yourself he has no units he cant stop you...im not saying your wrong...or that your points arnt valid...im just stating that your looking at things 1 sided...or maybe you havent ever have dryads dispel your army multiple times and watch the shamans continously cast it keeping themselves out of the battle...but you should really be more sure of things before you post them...if crazyassassin thinks that orcs are the hardest race to counter with ne...thats great thats HIS opinion he doesnt speak for all of us..all that means is that HE has a hard time countering them not every other ne player...im not saying hes not a good player...i mean hes probably the best..just in his mind orcs hardest to counter for him..
FliK, BluE LightninG.

Last edited by FliK; 2002-09-17 at 06:35 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

FliK

Posted 2002-09-17, 08:40 PM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
FliK did you even read my post? Firstly I said Tauren are a BAD choice in my post since they are so easy to counter, but you obviously skipped over that part in your effort to flame me. Also you once again are trying to tell me that a 200mana dryads can out dispel a 400mana shaman which is absolutely wrong. Also you do realized that your precious dryads stop attacking to abolish the bloodlust so while the shaman are casting your dryads are dispeling. Not to mention you WILL run out of mana and they WILL have 1-2 healing wards left and plenty of shaman to bloodlust when you do. Play however you want and believe whatever you want, I really don't care I was just stating what my 600+ games of war3 have taught me. And of course CrazyAssassin who is #1 on all 4 USWest ladders prolly does not know what he is talking about either. Dryad/DotTs will lose to Shaman/Wyverns UNLESS you outmicro the other player, you can win this fight true but YOU have to be a better player, because the fight is in favor of orc all the way. 40% attack and 25% speed is all I have to say...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
YuMMz is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenYuMMz is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

YuMMz

Posted 2002-09-18, 05:37 AM in reply to Lumbergh's post "Why do orcs suck so much?"
First off yummz i SAID TAUREN ARE A BAD CHOOSE vs spellcasters as a general statement did i say anything about you saying that ...no? please read what i write more carefully. And i never said ANYTHING about dryads outdispelling shamans again plz read what i wrote...i said dryads take no time at all to cast abolish magic...its instant..havr you seen it cast before? obviously not. Have you seen shamans cast bloodlust? it puts them OUT of the fight it takes them a relatively long time to cast it...and while the ONLY thing you have on the ground are shamans and witch doctors and the shamans are constantly bloodlusting and rebloodlusting everything the huntresses have already killed them..then your dott finish off the wyverns....and its nice that you keep repeating the effects of bloodlust lol...AND i like how you made it sound like i said crazyassassin doesnt know what hes talking about ...how about you READ WHAT I TYPE. i said if crazyassassin thinks that orcs are the hardest race to counter GOOD for him thats his opinion that doesnt mean its hardest to counter for me? it means what he does its hardest for him got it? good now shuttup..thnx...-_-
FliK, BluE LightninG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

FliK