Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post Melee Sorc.
Posted 2002-12-04, 03:26 AM
Yea, I'm working on making one. Sounds wierd doesn't it? Well they have the right skills to be melee. It's just no one ever does it. I'm still having a huge problem deciding what spells to go for, orb is defINately nice, but my main ability is going to be fire mastery/enchant. :/ So it's either get orb as a supplementary skill (like lv 10-15, and mastery lv 10 maybe) or not get it at all.

As for the skills i have decided on, two of the cold armors (lv 20 on the one that's melee - def is good). Lv 20 energy shield definately, atleast some teleport, whether its lvl is from + on items or not. Enchant lv 20, static field maybe lv 5 and add on + from items. (need to do it to mobs hehe) And firemastery lv 20 IF it affects enchant's dmg modifier. That doesn't leave more then 5-10 points left over, maybe. :\ So any advice from experienced sorc users on what to do, and how to divide points?

This is the only character design I've come up with where there is literally no margin for error in distributing points, one point in the wrong zone could be very very bad. So i really need to figure out everything im going to get, and how far Im going to up it first. And well I know you guys are just damn *good* at D2 so I'm askin you. Btw I'm on classic if anyone's wondering.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2002-12-04, 06:05 AM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
i dont think a meele sorc is really possible.. what gear setup u going for?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2002-12-04, 08:08 AM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
I agree with Insolence
To be good in melee ur build require a big amount of Hp ( Maybe Mana/ManaSheild of u), To do nice damage with skill, Lot of fpa or fps, Max Block, Descent FHR and Block Speed. Oh Yeah and descent DR
I really doubt a Melee sorc would be able to own any type of PvP Pally, Melee Druid, MA Asn, WW Barb... if considered melee...
Even with High Cost Pvp Gear like 160/60 armor, 1.08 bered Gaze
SS, Occy ring, Bugged String, Bugged Valor....

Good luck
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MiNi_MaX

Posted 2002-12-04, 09:16 AM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
I tried that once out of sheer boredom. It did not work out to well......She was somewhat viable thru norm but then forget it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-12-04, 01:32 PM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
I think it might work if you had a weapon with "ignore targets defense" on it, there are... a *few* of those, and just rely on enchant for the dmg power, and get some major mana leech to fuel energy shield... it might work. If you hit fast that is.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2002-12-04, 05:34 PM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
HexFire (weapon)
does 6x - 1xx damage
+2 fire skills
and some more mods
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gAp is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweengAp is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

gAp

Posted 2002-12-04, 05:55 PM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
Isn't there a rune with "Ignores target's defense" on it?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2002-12-04, 06:00 PM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
I dont believe Ignore targets defense works PvP, i think its just PvM. And to be a good Melee sorc, your still gonna have to have other skills for back up. I'd say use use TS and Hydra also. And only use one Cold armor, prolly Shiver, cuz it gives a higher def bonus. Built right, it could be a pretty powerful Sorc, but doubtfull that youll own 1337 Sorcs, Barbs, and Zons.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2002-12-04, 09:28 PM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
Who said anything bout pvp? Lol i hate pvp
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tai

Posted 2002-12-05, 02:25 AM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
ahhhh, point taken Tai.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2002-12-05, 11:11 AM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
So far I'm owning mobs at pvm. Static them, use frost nova to slow them, and hack off the strong ones with the weapon, freeze any that come near solid, your shield freezes any that hit you, or if you want use the other nova to whack them all off if they're weak. Strong ones go down so fast, and the good shield makes it so they cant hit me. This is fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tai

Posted 2002-12-05, 03:05 PM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
If you use static, frost nova, and nova, how does that still classify you as a melee char?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2002-12-05, 06:55 PM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
Im still fighting them with my sword mostly?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tai

Posted 2002-12-07, 08:44 AM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
what sword are you useing?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2002-12-07, 10:24 AM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
Hellplague - I'm now a firemage. The sword is decent dmg, fast, and +2 to fireskills. Im going to max out firewall and meteor. Firewall is good for quick killing, and if you've got defense meteor is *awesome*. Just fire it at yourself repeaditly and anything absolutely anything that steps in is dead in a few seconds.

An add on the firewall thing - I met someone who had maxed fire mastery and firewall to both to 20 - their firewall was HUGE and did about 4,000 dmg a second. Oo;
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tai

Posted 2002-12-10, 01:16 AM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
Cool this sounds interesting keep us posted on how it goes
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The_King is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe_King is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The_King

Posted 2002-12-10, 10:13 AM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
Working on an orb sorc right now (Mf finder) to get better gear I'm wearing out sigons. :/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tai

Posted 2002-12-10, 12:45 PM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
i think of melee as no skills that come from a sorc tree so to me ur not a melee sorc if ur using any other skills such as static or frost nova because the actually chars built for melee dont have such
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chiv is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenChiv is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Chiv

Posted 2002-12-10, 02:10 PM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
Quote:
i think of melee as no skills that come from a sorc tree so to me ur not a melee sorc if ur using any other skills such as static or frost nova because the actually chars built for melee dont have such
Umm yeah, this is not a melee sorc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-12-11, 03:01 AM in reply to Tai's post "Melee Sorc."
Tai your new at Diablo?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Makenshi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMakenshi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Makenshi