Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Which One Should I do???CBS!
Posted 2006-06-09, 03:21 PM
Mnnnn... I'm having a hardass time deciding on a battle system. Note that I have all the recourses to do them all.

CBS 1: Legend of Zelda style.

CBS 2: My Planned CBS. The highlights of it are as follows.

1: When you bump into an enemy you are transported to another map.

2: The map which you are transported to puts you in a blend of final fantasy tactics advance and Tales of Symphonia.(squares to walk on, but side scrolling, always facing the enemy.)

3: When the battle starts, a menu pops up with the following commands:
*Move*
*Item*
*Skill*

4: If you press move, you get to move your character around, decreasing his energy meter.

5: If you press Item, the inventory will be displayed.

6: If you press skill, the skill select screen comes up.

7: To attack you press space.

CBS 3: Regular FF style.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-18, 08:07 AM in reply to Atnas's post "Which One Should I do???CBS!"
Excuse my double post please. Well, I've decided, On the Field map you can attack with physical or long range, long range stunning the enemy, physical damaging the enemy and throwing you into battle. The you use my CBS. Although every move takes down your energy bar, and when it's at the lowest, you are immobilized and must kneel down to recharge your energy without getting killed in the process. That would be when the team system comes into play. You can switch control of your character at any given time in the battle, and you'll be doing it alot since there isn't any AI. Just set the characters commands and move on to the next character. There are also commands you can give to your entire party through hot keys to all defend, and in the start menu you can make your own formation based commands such as, back to back, or line up horizontally, vertically, etc.

If you would like any help with a CBS, or would like to know how I'm doing mine, Please tell me. I'd be glad to help.

Last edited by Atnas; 2006-06-18 at 08:12 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-26, 10:15 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Excuse my double post please. Well,..."
well if ur gonna do the field map one kind of like mortal kombat than do that coz that would just be plain awsome! and otherwise do the one u planned because i like the idea of being able to use items and such in a battle. and if u do can u tell me how to do that thx
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
phsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenphsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

phsyco025

Posted 2006-07-04, 12:59 AM in reply to Atnas's post "Which One Should I do???CBS!"
Dude, Atnas, I have a great game for you to try if you wanna see your FFTactics mix with a zelda sorda feel while still yet having your option to attack,defend,run,ect. in your battle system.Look up ROBOTREK on google.It is a SNES game wich if you get an emulator(Znes) and the robotreck rom, you can try it out!Although the game takes about an hour to get really interested in, it is a pretty cool game as far as i've seen.
Angels encamp around them that fear the LORD!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frosted_snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrosted_snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frosted_snow

Posted 2006-07-04, 10:20 AM in reply to frosted_snow's post starting "Dude, Atnas, I have a great game for..."
Ok I will! I'm thinking of making a Metal Worriors remake sometime soon. It's for the snes, but I personally like it better than games made nowadays. It's a simple side scroller with different mechs, my favorite is the one you start with, as it has a long range gun, it can fly unlimitedly(unless you get your flight module blown up), and has an energy sabre which can take out enemies in one hit. It'll be my first major scripting project, to make a completely side-scrolling and somewhat destructible environment in the form of a shooter/slasher/sniper game. Though, I could always do a MMZ game... Anyways, thanks, I'll play it sometime soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas