Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2005-09-07, 09:42 PM in reply to khwiii's post starting "Hey dipshit, check your facts. ..."
khwiii said:
Hey dipshit, check your facts.
http://gov.louisiana.gov/2005%20%20p...aneKatrina.pdf

August 26th.

Oh come now, You don't seriously think I didn't know she declared the state of emergency do you? That's what that is, did you notice that?

How about where is states:
"SECTION 2: The state of Louisiana=s emergency response and recovery program is activated under the command of the director of the state office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness to prepare for and provide emergency support services and/or to minimize the effects of the storm=s damage."

Which in case you failed to read it, explains that the State services will be enacted. No where in this document you so proudly posted does it show any evidence what so ever that the federal government will be involved.

She was still required to request further assistance. dipshit

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-09-07, 09:50 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Oh come now, You don't seriously think..."
I am backing Adrenachrome on this one (not calling anyone a dipshit though... haha).

The Presidents hands were definitely tied. The only reasonable thing to support him acting faster is saying that it was one of those times in history where rules just had to be broken and everyone would accept that, and following them is a lame cop out. I disagree with that here though, considering the society we live in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2005-09-07, 09:53 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "I am backing Adrenachrome on this one..."
I'm not saying it couldn't have been handled better, again.. all I'm sayin is that it's not all on Bush. (Even though he should be shot)

(PB4TW!@ Thanks for your support!..lol)

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-09-08, 04:44 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Oh come now, You don't seriously think..."
Alright, let's go.

Who can delcare the state of emergency? Yes the President can.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_o..._United_States

How about the fact that Bush's trip to see that area stopped food and supplies from getting in?
http://www.nola.com/weblogs/print.ss...int076556.html

And how about the Homeland Sceurity National Response Plan Set forth in Dec of 2004? It states that, in these "catastrophic" cases, the federal government will operate independently to provide assistance. The NRP also says that, when responding to a catastrophic incident, the federal government should start emergency operations even in the absence of clear assessment of the situation. "A detailed and credible common operating picture may not be achievable for 24 to 48 hours (or longer) after the incident," the NRP's "Catastrophic Annex" states. "As a result, response activities must begin without the benefit of a detailed or complete situation and critical needs assessment."
http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlib...RPbaseplan.pdf

Last edited by khwiii; 2005-09-08 at 05:03 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2005-09-08, 04:56 AM in reply to khwiii's post starting "Alright, let's go. Who can delcare..."
Ehh, I may have posted a bit rashly. By no way is this all Bush's fault. I'm not trying to imply that at all. I agree that the people of Louisiana could have been better prepared for this. They were not. The thing that gets at me is that it took them four days to send in troops. This was known for sure, as Khwii already pointed out, unlike 9/11. Really, I don't know who's supposed to handle it. Right now all I see is too much finger pointing, and not enough help, and yes, I'm guilty of it too. Anyway, I need to get ready for school. I'll post when I get back.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2005-09-08 at 05:05 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-09-08, 05:00 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Ehh, I may have posted a bit rashly. By..."
And that's all I am saying. It is not any one person's fault, BUT the commander-in-chief should be held responsible for his part of the government failing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2005-09-08, 08:00 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Dude, Kanye's speech was scripted. He..."
I am legally not allowed to talk bad about Bush =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-09-08, 08:08 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I am legally not allowed to talk bad..."
IN SOVIET RUSSIA, ROAD FORKS YOU.

Seriously, Bush is the Antichrist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2005-09-08, 11:05 AM in reply to khwiii's post starting "Alright, let's go. Who can delcare..."
khwiii said:
Alright, let's go.

Who can delcare the state of emergency? Yes the President can.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_o..._United_States

How about the fact that Bush's trip to see that area stopped food and supplies from getting in?
http://www.nola.com/weblogs/print.ss...int076556.html

And how about the Homeland Sceurity National Response Plan Set forth in Dec of 2004? It states that, in these "catastrophic" cases, the federal government will operate independently to provide assistance. The NRP also says that, when responding to a catastrophic incident, the federal government should start emergency operations even in the absence of clear assessment of the situation. "A detailed and credible common operating picture may not be achievable for 24 to 48 hours (or longer) after the incident," the NRP's "Catastrophic Annex" states. "As a result, response activities must begin without the benefit of a detailed or complete situation and critical needs assessment."
http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlib...RPbaseplan.pdf

You can go wherever you're talking about, whatever. You can spend all the time you want researching your point, Bush is still an idiot, and It's still not his fault N.O. is devastated. Fault for slow response is first on the state and city, plain and simple. If they had requested further assistance then denied it, then it would be fed fault.

I personally believe the federal government should not have the level of involvement with the states that it has today. Our country was designed to be independent states governing themselves, with a federal government given the purpose of keeping the states unified. Federal government has way too much to say about what the people do.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-09-08, 11:54 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "That is a less than educated..."
Wow Penny Bags. I was going to write a response... but you seem to have taken the words straight from my mouth. And what's more, negative comments about race probably have more impact coming from a black man than myself.

One thing that caught my attention mjordan was your remark that four days is an inadequate response time, and that we can fly 10,000 men overseas in six hours. What you didn't think about, was that... well for one it's not a six hour trip. Two, when they take their trip to the Middle East, those soldiers probably took a week or more to prepare their equipment, ready themselves, and do any other necessary preparation to deploy. Troops deploying to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina aren't immune to the deployment process. Not to mention, they probably did a wheel convoy, plus the fact that a flood of such immense proportions is not a normal situation for the National Guard. I'm not sure what you wanted these people to do. Should they have been on standby with everything all ready to go, with C-130s and parachutes ready to drop from the sky? You're nuts if you think any armed forces could respond to such an emergency situation that quickly. (Except the airforce, they can bomb somethings that far away and that quickly, if you please)

Yes, they probably could have prepared before the Hurricane hit, but I don't think that anyone really predicted the devastation that was reaped across the state of Louisiana. Obviously the citizens who were given the evacuation order either didn't realize the risk, or didn't care about their own lives enough to evacuate.

Yes, Bush is reponsible for a lot of hindering things that happen to this country, but he is not responsible for the large scale devastation caused by this natural disaster. The Governor of Louisiana, the Mayor of New Orleans, and the individual cops who walked off the job and didn't take leadership, and the citizens who did not evacuate as ordered by their government, take the heaviest blame for this disaster.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2005-09-08, 01:31 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Wow Penny Bags. I was going to write a..."
They couldn't predict the devastation the was going to occure? I think the fact that it was the highest number we have to measure a hurricane with would have told someone somthing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-09-08, 01:33 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "They couldn't predict the devastation..."
Kaneda said:
They couldn't predict the devastation the was going to occure? I think the fact that it was the highest number we have to measure a hurricane with would have told someone somthing.
Is there a crayon in your brain?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-09-08, 02:05 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Wow Penny Bags. I was going to write a..."
S2 AM said:
Wow Penny Bags. I was going to write a response... but you seem to have taken the words straight from my mouth. And what's more, negative comments about race probably have more impact coming from a black man than myself.

One thing that caught my attention mjordan was your remark that four days is an inadequate response time, and that we can fly 10,000 men overseas in six hours. What you didn't think about, was that... well for one it's not a six hour trip. Two, when they take their trip to the Middle East, those soldiers probably took a week or more to prepare their equipment, ready themselves, and do any other necessary preparation to deploy. Troops deploying to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina aren't immune to the deployment process. Not to mention, they probably did a wheel convoy, plus the fact that a flood of such immense proportions is not a normal situation for the National Guard. I'm not sure what you wanted these people to do. Should they have been on standby with everything all ready to go, with C-130s and parachutes ready to drop from the sky? You're nuts if you think any armed forces could respond to such an emergency situation that quickly. (Except the airforce, they can bomb somethings that far away and that quickly, if you please)

Yes, they probably could have prepared before the Hurricane hit, but I don't think that anyone really predicted the devastation that was reaped across the state of Louisiana. Obviously the citizens who were given the evacuation order either didn't realize the risk, or didn't care about their own lives enough to evacuate.

Yes, Bush is reponsible for a lot of hindering things that happen to this country, but he is not responsible for the large scale devastation caused by this natural disaster. The Governor of Louisiana, the Mayor of New Orleans, and the individual cops who walked off the job and didn't take leadership, and the citizens who did not evacuate as ordered by their government, take the heaviest blame for this disaster.
These statements are all correct.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2005-09-08, 03:39 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "You can go wherever you're talking..."
Adrenachrome said:
You can go wherever you're talking about, whatever. You can spend all the time you want researching your point, Bush is still an idiot, and It's still not his fault N.O. is devastated. Fault for slow response is first on the state and city, plain and simple. If they had requested further assistance then denied it, then it would be fed fault.

I personally believe the federal government should not have the level of involvement with the states that it has today. Our country was designed to be independent states governing themselves, with a federal government given the purpose of keeping the states unified. Federal government has way too much to say about what the people do.
Saying he is fault free is stupid. I am not saying he is totally to blame. Hell, no one is. As I pointed out, and which you can't refute, he COULD have done something and didn't, which puts some blame on him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

khwiii

Posted 2005-09-08, 03:59 PM in reply to khwiii's post starting "Saying he is fault free is stupid. I..."
Old people arguing is kind of cool.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2005-09-08, 05:02 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Old people arguing is kind of cool."
Anyone with the ability to help that doesn't use that ability to the fullest extent is at fault.

The more it swings one way or the other, the more blame you can attribute or take away obviously.

George W has a lot of ability... Did he utilize it well?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-09-08, 06:28 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Anyone with the ability to help that..."
k, I have the ability to help and I'm not. Does that put me at fault?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-09-08, 06:40 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "k, I have the ability to help and I'm..."
Adrenachrome said:

To look at your sig and read your reply...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2005-09-08, 06:57 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "To look at your sig and read your..."
kockblocker1 said:
To look at your sig and read your reply...
The character in the middle of your sig in Katrina, and all those other characters are citys in the south.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-09-08, 07:52 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "k, I have the ability to help and I'm..."
Adrenachrome said:

It is not your job to help. So no you are not at fault, but not overly helpful either. His job is the welfare of America, and delaying the help did not help the welfare of several thousands of Americans.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

khwiii