Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2005-09-20, 11:41 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post "Katrina looters."
Such lack in patience... I don't feel it as strongly since I live higher north, go canada. In any case. From what I can tell, in the worse of situations people often reveal their truer selves, wether it is to aid another in compassion and virtue, or to revel in one's own needs of survival through whatever needs necessary.

In a place like the US, I'd imagine that the later is more powerful then the earlier, sadly enough though. From what I hear and also from what I've learned of how things work in the US, I'm frankly not too surprised...

It's quite sad too, how we as humans, need to be shown something of such great magnitude to finally wish for an end to violence or to aid one another, or to start to try and make the world we live in safer or a better place. We always need that painful push before we jump into action. What was that phrase I saw somewhere, all it takes for evil to win is for good men to do nothing, something along those lines.

Oh yes, don't jump to conclusions on other people's posts please, I refer to the earlier mention of someone being racist, the comment had nothing to do with races simply rather to the lack of inhibition or the rage of a mob that would take it out on looters, something of the sort. Before you comment on something, first analyze the situation and identify it with wether or not it is what you believe, or what they are trying to convey.

I believe I spoke too much... I may sound somewhat impartial, and truthfully I am, but human lives should never be ignored nor should it be taken for granted... But all I can do up here is hope for the best, wether I worry myself into an ulcer or not will not change how things are going down there. I cannot do anything since I'm rather financially down and am busy with my studies, but others can do what they can, support in whatever form, even encouragement, I'm quite sure, are more then welcome in these times of despair.

But like with the president, it's nice to complain about it, but best is to act upon it. After all, one's actions speaks louder then words... On that note, I really need to shut up and start doing something more constructive... Sorry for my bad habit and I wonder if I'm posting too much on one shot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Paradox_Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenParadox_Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Paradox_Knight

Posted 2005-09-20, 11:44 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Um... Are you serious?"
JRwakebord said:
Um... Are you serious?
Strangely enough that is one solution. If one thinks about how much wilderness is destroyed or how many forests have been cut down, it's getting quite dangerous isn't it? After all, no trees = no air, from what I remember well enough.

and... Oh right, should not comment too much, sorry for the double post, I'll go shut up in that corner over there now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Paradox_Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenParadox_Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Paradox_Knight

Posted 2005-09-21, 03:17 PM in reply to Paradox_Knight's post starting "Strangely enough that is one solution...."
No trees = no air is a ton of bullshit, we could live without trees, it would just be a little harder to breathe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-09-21, 04:28 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "No trees = no air is a ton of bullshit,..."
Ya, most of the oxygen comes from bullshit plants in the ocean, right?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-09-21, 04:43 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Ya, most of the oxygen comes from..."
Doesn't most of it really come from shit living on the ocean?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-09-21, 04:50 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Doesn't most of it really come from..."
Most of our oxygen comes from some organisms or something. I don't remember this shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-09-21, 04:52 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Most of our oxygen comes from some..."
Plankton.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-09-21, 05:22 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Plankton."
JRwakebord said:
Plankton.
is that your dick's name LL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-09-21, 07:40 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "is that your dick's name L:grin:L"
nah they're pretty much correct. Oxygen first originates from water evaporating or from plant-life within the water, H2O, O being Oxygen and H2O being water.

It's just that it's quite easy to link trees to cleasing of air and reducing CO2 within the area. There were also studies showing that people have healthier lungs and have an easier time to breathe in areas with more greenery then others.

Yes, I can sometimes go against what I say, but as I've said, it's my habit of saying what's off my mind which can be somewhat controversial to my own sayings.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Paradox_Knight

Posted 2005-09-21, 08:52 PM in reply to Paradox_Knight's post starting "nah they're pretty much correct. Oxygen..."
So... what you say disagrees with what you say? Huh?

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-09-22, 05:17 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "So... what you say disagrees with what..."
He's Canadian.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav