Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Hunting animals?
Yes 2 12.50%
I'd rather hunt humans than animals.... 7 43.75%
I'd rather not hunt at all... 7 43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting... Animals...
Posted 2004-02-29, 04:11 AM
How many of you think it's right to hunt animals for sport? I can understand if you're starving... or simply, if somehow your life, or lives of others depend on it. But to kill an animal with a gun, and somehow think you're superior... then put it's head up on a wall, like you've accomplished something. It's sick. If you wanna hunt for sport make a knife out of natural resources... and go kill it by hand. Maybe then you'll be worthy of something. An animal can't fight back, it can't do anything about it, you're standing hundreds of feet away shooting it with a gun... and killing a defenseless being all to feel like a man? That's being a pussy to me... Now, if hunting... "the thrill of the hunt" turns you on... I say. We gather the scum of the earth (humans, bad ones, yes I'll decide who is scum!) and hunt them. That a real challenge. Hunt your equal... one that knows how to fight back. Hell... it's called the Military... go become an infantry soldier and go "hunting" see how much you like getting "hunted" as well. Anyways, I wanna see what kind of people I'm dealing with here on zel. The choices are up... gooo!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-02-29, 06:15 AM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post "Hunting... Animals..."
I agree with you on only one point: the idea of superiority. If you're out hunting animals because you feel as though it gives you validation in your position on the food chain, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

However, hunting in and of itself is in no way, shape or form wrong. What would you consider more inhumane: hunting an animal in the wild, killing it, gutting it and eating it, or keeping those animals crammed together in a factory, pumping them full of chemicals and mass producing their meat for the country's hasty and thankless consumption? I would consider hunting the animal a much more noble act.

And I don't agree with your "animals can't fight back" argument. Bears, Moose and Rhinoceri are all naturally equipped with weaponry and physical attributes that we don't posses. In a one-on-one fight, there's no way an unarmed human could best a bear. That's why we have the capacity for invention. Our intellect is our natural weapon, our greatest gift and at the same time our greatest flaw. We adapted to survive in a world where we were physically outgunned by the majority of animal life surrounding us. We evened the playing field. Over the last few centuries, we have overbalanced the playing field, surely, but animals would do the same if they were intellectually capable of it. So, no, your argument that animals "can't fight back" doesn't fly with me. We just managed to outsmart them. I would assume that 1,000 years from now (if our planet is still alive) animals will have evolved and adapted new ways of defending themselves from us. Then again, maybe not.

Hunting in and of itself is not wrong. To hunt for your own food is a noble gesture, and it's much safer and healthier than buying the chemically-enhanced shit you buy at Albertson's. It depends entirely upon the mindset of the hunter to determine whether or not their acts are vain or noble. Those who hunt solely for their own personal ego-stroking are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-02-29 at 06:20 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-02-29, 09:10 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I agree with you on only one point: the..."
I agree with Raziel for the most part. If you're going to hunt strictly to hang the animal's head on the wall, to boost your ego or whatever, then you're doing it for the wrong reason. If you hunt and eat the animal, then in my book you're not doing anything immoral.

Only thing I disagree with Raziel is...animals really can't fight back if you're standing with a shotgun a 100 feet away from them. Even a bear or rhino really couldn't fight with that, but I guess they would have more of a chance than some other animals. (I honestly don't know how strong bears or rhinos are, but I'm assuming even they can't take two or three shotgun shells.) But there is almost no way in hell that a deer could fight back. It has about as much of a chance as Iraq did in winning the war against America.

So, to conclude, if you want to hunt strictly to boost your ego, like Raziel said, it's wrong, but if you're going to eat it then that's fine by me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-02-29, 09:21 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I agree with Raziel for the most part...."
I think that killing an animal for sport is okay. Bears, Moose, and Rhinoceri, like Raziel said, are not completely defenseless. They can easily charge us and kill us. And as for killing them, i frown upon killing for fun, but it is okay with me. You should really only kill it to eat it and not for a trophy.

A good analogy for this is Diablo 2. You don't go around with your Level 99 and kill a Level 30 and take their ear and flaunt it around, cuz it's retarded. You should actually take a hunting knife like Eddie_Perez said and kill it with your bare hands. Even if we have the technology, you are killing for superiority, and it leaves them defenseless. It is like NKing in Diablo 2, It ain't fair. If I would go hunting again, it would be to eat the meat, not kill for fun. Hell if you like to shoot a gun go to a shooting range or something.

I have heard about this guy who hunts for men on this island in a short story. He gives the dude a knife, a handgun, and a sack of food. He then runs off and if he can evade the other guy for 3 days, he gets to go home with gold. The other guy uses bloodhound and a rifle. Not to fair cuz of the range, but thats life for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-29, 10:05 AM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post "Hunting... Animals..."
Eddie_Perez said:
How many of you think it's right to hunt animals for sport? I can understand if you're starving... or simply, if somehow your life, or lives of others depend on it. But to kill an animal with a gun, and somehow think you're superior... then put it's head up on a wall, like you've accomplished something. It's sick. If you wanna hunt for sport make a knife out of natural resources... and go kill it by hand. Maybe then you'll be worthy of something. An animal can't fight back, it can't do anything about it, you're standing hundreds of feet away shooting it with a gun... and killing a defenseless being all to feel like a man? That's being a pussy to me... Now, if hunting... "the thrill of the hunt" turns you on... I say. We gather the scum of the earth (humans, bad ones, yes I'll decide who is scum!) and hunt them. That a real challenge. Hunt your equal... one that knows how to fight back. Hell... it's called the Military... go become an infantry soldier and go "hunting" see how much you like getting "hunted" as well. Anyways, I wanna see what kind of people I'm dealing with here on zel. The choices are up... gooo!
I don't thinkit is right.One reason is my dad likes to hunt and the other reason is I think it is stupid to kill an animal and have people pay you for it and say you did a good job.What if animals became smarter and tried hunting us?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII

Posted 2004-02-29, 10:20 AM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "I don't thinkit is right.One reason is..."
Then they'd probably fail miserably at it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-02-29, 10:42 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Then they'd probably fail miserably at..."
Don't kill the bunnies. Or the deer, or the whales. Humans I guess shouldn't be hunted either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2004-02-29, 01:02 PM in reply to Dan XIII's post starting "I don't thinkit is right.One reason is..."
Dan XIII can you please wait until the page load before you fucking reply?

On Topic... I agree exactly with what Raziel wrote. It's a lot more honorable for the animal to die hunted than to die in a pile of shit in a pin crammed in with a bunch of other miserable animals.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-02-29, 01:37 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "Dan XIII can you please wait until the..."
I would like to hunt people for sport, that would be fun.

I agree with most of u.
We should get to hunt the people who r sentenced to life in jail or are to be put to death.

muwahahahahahahahahahaha

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-02-29, 02:11 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "I would like to hunt people for sport,..."
I think we should make inmates fight to the death in bareknuckle boxing matches.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-02-29, 02:57 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I think we should make inmates fight to..."
RoboticSilence said:
I think we should make inmates fight to the death in bareknuckle boxing matches.
Man, I would pay money to see that. I think a lot of people would. Haha just like Mortal Kombat, but in real life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-29, 03:22 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Man, I would pay money to see that. I..."
This thread pisses me the fuck off.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-02-29, 04:59 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "This thread pisses me the fuck off."
Adrenachrome, u make me sick.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-02-29, 05:21 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I agree with you on only one point: the..."
Raziel said:
I agree with you on only one point: the idea of superiority. If you're out hunting animals because you feel as though it gives you validation in your position on the food chain, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

However, hunting in and of itself is in no way, shape or form wrong. What would you consider more inhumane: hunting an animal in the wild, killing it, gutting it and eating it, or keeping those animals crammed together in a factory, pumping them full of chemicals and mass producing their meat for the country's hasty and thankless consumption? I would consider hunting the animal a much more noble act.

And I don't agree with your "animals can't fight back" argument. Bears, Moose and Rhinoceri are all naturally equipped with weaponry and physical attributes that we don't posses. In a one-on-one fight, there's no way an unarmed human could best a bear. That's why we have the capacity for invention. Our intellect is our natural weapon, our greatest gift and at the same time our greatest flaw. We adapted to survive in a world where we were physically outgunned by the majority of animal life surrounding us. We evened the playing field. Over the last few centuries, we have overbalanced the playing field, surely, but animals would do the same if they were intellectually capable of it. So, no, your argument that animals "can't fight back" doesn't fly with me. We just managed to outsmart them. I would assume that 1,000 years from now (if our planet is still alive) animals will have evolved and adapted new ways of defending themselves from us. Then again, maybe not.

Hunting in and of itself is not wrong. To hunt for your own food is a noble gesture, and it's much safer and healthier than buying the chemically-enhanced shit you buy at Albertson's. It depends entirely upon the mindset of the hunter to determine whether or not their acts are vain or noble. Those who hunt solely for their own personal ego-stroking are doing it for the wrong reasons.
I'm not talking about that you're walking in the woods for no reason and suddenly stumble upon a bear... I'm talking about... a rhino, has no way to defend itself vs a gun, of course most animals would win if you were naked in the middle of no where...

Tyrannicide said:
I agree with most of u.
We should get to hunt the people who r sentenced to life in jail or are to be put to death.
Then if they escape, they get their freedom.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-02-29, 05:23 PM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post starting "I'm not talking about that you're..."
They get their freedom to continue raping small children. God bless America.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-02-29, 05:25 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "They get their freedom to continue..."
I say if they "escape", you cap 'em from a helicopter while they're running away. Lifes a bitch
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-02-29, 05:50 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I say if they "escape", you cap 'em..."
Yes, if they escape they get to die in via lethal injection and not running from hunters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-02-29, 06:02 PM in reply to Eddie_Perez's post starting "Yes, if they escape they get to die in..."
why run when u will only die tired. hahahahahaaha

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-02-29, 06:09 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "why run when u will only die tired...."
If they escape you have to catch them again.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-02-29, 07:57 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "If they escape you have to catch them..."
It's pussy shit for "hunters" to go hunting with guns and shit.

Do it with your own damn hands!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav