Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

whats better 360 or ps3
Posted 2007-11-22, 08:40 AM
hand me your thoughts
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Little Man is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLittle Man is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Little Man

Posted 2007-11-22, 09:45 AM in reply to Little Man's post "whats better 360 or ps3"
In what ways?

And what are your views?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-11-22, 11:08 AM in reply to Little Man's post "whats better 360 or ps3"
Little Man said:
hand me your thoughts
Probably depends on what you want out of the machine. I would guess Xbox360 has more sports/racing/shooters/etc while PS3 has more RPG and fantasy type games. There's also the price to consider and all that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-24, 03:39 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Probably depends on what you want out..."
I prefer PS3 since it is in fact the cheapest(and most future proof) Blu-Ray player along with being a video game console.

That said 360 currently has better games with titles like Gears of War,Bioshock, and Mass Effect being exclusive. If you are into shooters than 360 is clearly the choice for you. Down the line PS3 will get Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy Versus 13 as exclusives though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bon Clay enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBon Clay enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Bon Clay

Posted 2007-11-25, 09:01 AM in reply to Little Man's post "whats better 360 or ps3"
The 360 is better IMO but they are both good in their own ways.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2007-11-25, 03:07 PM in reply to Little Man's post "whats better 360 or ps3"
360. Better games, more games, better online service. The only things the PS3 has going for it are the superior controller and built-in BluRay. Unless you're looking for a really cheap BR player, I dont see a reason to own a PS3 at the moment.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2007-12-04, 11:29 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "360. Better games, more games, better..."
i personally enjoy my 360, ive had it since the day they came out, and never had any issues out of it, the ps3 is expensive, and if you watch the different videos online of the graphics, the 360 does actually have better graphic ( depends on the game designers also ) better online service, and customer service is great, and the dashboard is nice....

but the ps3 is one of the cheapest blu ray players....and does have more rpg's on it, so it really just depends on your playing style....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
micdawg12 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmicdawg12 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

micdawg12

Posted 2007-12-05, 07:48 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "360. Better games, more games, better..."
Raziel said:
360. Better games, more games, better online service. The only things the PS3 has going for it are the superior controller and built-in BluRay. Unless you're looking for a really cheap BR player, I dont see a reason to own a PS3 at the moment.
PS3's online play is free, and BlueRay players are around $300 now anyways, so basically another $200 and you've got a PS3. The 360 has had so many problems surrounding it, with the overheating and what have you that if you're okay with sending yours back for a recall go for it.

PS3 still doesn't have game programmers that can get on the level of it's abillity which may take a while, but there are still just as many good Driving/FPS/Rp games that you could want.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-12-05, 08:24 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "PS3's online play is free, and BlueRay..."
I've heard "PS3's are the cheapest blu-ray players" from so many different people. Are they really not?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-12-05, 08:34 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've heard "PS3's are the cheapest..."
Depends where you shop, actually I was at Circuit City during the Christmas shopping madness and the Orig prices we're 499 and up, which is amazing. And I figure if you're into HD like a feind, why not go ahead and grab a PS3, the Blu Ray DVDs from Blockbuster played on a PS3 with a 1083 DLP 63" Widescreen HD LCD TV is fucking amazing.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-12-05, 10:13 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've heard "PS3's are the cheapest..."
When the PS3 first came out, it was the cheapest Blu-ray player, but IIRC, this was largely due to a laser diode shortage due to the PS3. I've seen Blu-ray players for arround 400 now, I think. Regardless, the PS3 is a good media player (it's our default DVD player in the apartment) and you have the peace of mind of knowing that any major issues that crop up with it will most likely be addressed in a firmware update. If you're after a Blu-ray player now and you're even considering a PS3 in the future, you'd be stupid not to just jump on the PS3 now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-12-05, 02:15 PM in reply to Little Man's post "whats better 360 or ps3"
I believe the 360 is better than the PS3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-12-05, 02:42 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I believe the 360 is better than the..."
KagomJack said:
I believe the 360 is better than the PS3.
...Why?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-12-05, 03:07 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "...Why?"
Better online capabilities, more exclusive content for games, and even though the 360's playback sucks, Sony is the one who shot themselves in the foot by first reducing the playback number and then just altogether taking it out with the 40 gig. Not to mention it IS cheaper and does have a larger library of games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-12-05, 06:51 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Better online capabilities, more..."
You don't "invest" in something that gets cheaper with time.

Everybody keeps talking about the bluray player and how cheap it is and that it's gonna be a great investment for the future - like the prices are gonna go up or something. I ask you, though, just what is your logic? You know as technology gets older it gets cheaper. I bet two years from now when you can get a blue ray player for $150 - $200 bucks and you still haven't really used the one on your PS3 too much at all you're gonna think that "investment" wasn't so smart.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2007-12-07, 01:01 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "You don't "invest" in something that..."
Xbox man, Call of duty 4 is some dank shit, I could play this game forever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Afroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAfroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Afroman