Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Posted 2006-05-12, 03:07 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "What makes these "scientists" think..."
If you were a parent would you volunteer your child for experiments into seeing if they turn out gay?

And anyway, some scientists might shy away from an experiment that could take something like 18 years to complete - from birth right the way to adulthodd (maybe a bit further). And what about funding? I'm sure some European Scientisty place could get the funding (heck, the Swedes got funding for working out that there are 44 ways to put together an Ikea wardrobe without the instructions - only 8 of which actually work), but I'm not sure about an American Institute, especially not if it's funded by the government.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-05-12, 03:32 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If you were a parent would you..."
No, I meant: monitor their brains at ages 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, or whatever. See if it's consistent with their sexual behavior later in life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-05-12, 03:37 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "No, I meant: monitor their brains at..."
Ah, OK. I'm thinking along the lines of some experiment done by Robert Winston - Child of Our Time. He looks at kids as they grow up, from the day of their birth till I don't know when. Quite interesting - he's being doing it for years.

The way Robert Winston does it is probably very time and money consuming, your way would be quick and less expensive.

But then, what happens if in your Population you get a child who has had a very traumatic experience, that, in later life, may lead to 'being gay'? How would that be taken into account?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-05-12, 07:16 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ah, OK. I'm thinking along the lines of..."
Lenny said:
But then, what happens if in your Population you get a child who has had a very traumatic experience, that, in later life, may lead to 'being gay'? How would that be taken into account?
Isn't that the whole point to figure shit like that out!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2006-05-13, 09:52 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Isn't that the whole point to figure..."
Well...yes.

I can't remember where I was coming from there...hmm. Myabe I was thinking that it wouldn't be fair to the others? A Fair Experiment?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-05-13, 11:04 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Study Suggests Difference in Lesbians'..."
Oh yes, a way we can finally prove Lesbians and gays are different from us straights!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Led is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Led