Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: How would you feel about REAL pop-up ads (read the article before voting)
Sounds like a good all-around business strategy. 1 9.09%
I'm all for it, if it involves those nude women. 7 63.64%
I would not care. 0 0%
I think that it is too intrusive. 0 0%
The creator of REAL pop-ups should be hunted and killed without mercy. 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Post Another good Fark Link: Retailers experiment with human pop-up ads
Posted 2002-10-05, 03:28 PM
Ahh.. I love Fark.com. I just HAD to post this one here..

http://www.thespeciousreport.com/2002_mallpopup.html

I did the bolding...

-----------------------------------------

Retailers experiment with "human pop-up windows"

The stalled U.S. economy has prompted many businesses to find more creative ways to market their products and services. The Galleria in Marietta, Georgia has tried borrowing a concept from the internet and adapting it to the real world.

Visitors to this suburban Atlanta mall may at any moment find their casual window-shopping interrupted by a pushy insurance agent, an insistent car salesman, or even a nude woman.

Glenn Cochon, of DC&B Promotions, says the week-long experiment has met with mixed results.

"We've done some fine-tuning since we first launched the campaign," Cochon explains. "Originally we tried to recreate the internet pop-up experience by having our associates dress in loud colors and leap out of nowhere. We also encouraged jumping back and fourth in front of the prospect if they tried to turn away - anything to make a sale, short of grabbing their shoulders and shaking them."

After several unfortunate incidents, frequently resulting in bloody noses or pepper spray injuries, Cochon said the methods had to be refined.

"We instructed our associates to try standing behind people and making 'subtle suggestions'. Sometimes they might even reach around and jiggle a flyer or business card in their faces."

Retail sales at the Galleria have declined by 68 percent since the campaign began. But Cochon is hopeful shoppers will grow to tolerate the concept.

"Actually, we've had better luck using the naked girls," Cochon said optimistically. "Most men don't seem to mind, so we'll be focusing on that now."

-----------------------------

My favorite part is "Retail sales at the Galleria have declined by 68 percent since the campaign began. But Cochon is hopeful shoppers will grow to tolerate the concept." It's obvious that this Cochon guy is an idiot. Everyone on the internet HATES pop-up ads, and this guy thinks that bringing them into the world is a good idea? And perhaps the internet should learn from this guy's mistake... POP-UP ADS DO NOT GET YOU CUSTOMERS!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2002-10-05, 03:45 PM in reply to BlueCube's post "Another good Fark Link: Retailers..."
I'm all for it, if it involves those nude women.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-10-05, 04:10 PM in reply to BlueCube's post "Another good Fark Link: Retailers..."
BTW, this is satire.. but I would still encourage the use of nude women as a form of advertising..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2002-10-05, 04:49 PM in reply to BlueCube's post "Another good Fark Link: Retailers..."
Im all for it!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-10-05, 07:31 PM in reply to BlueCube's post "Another good Fark Link: Retailers..."
its satire? I couldnt tell......

nude women plz~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DKWicked

Posted 2002-10-05, 08:24 PM in reply to BlueCube's post "Another good Fark Link: Retailers..."
kill the inventor! KILL THE INVENTOR!!

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2002-10-05, 08:44 PM in reply to BlueCube's post "Another good Fark Link: Retailers..."
*C
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-10-06, 12:38 PM in reply to BlueCube's post "Another good Fark Link: Retailers..."
as long as you can still minimize the people who attempt to pop-up

so carrying a trash compactor with you and cramming them in there would be pretty fun

as for the women...no trash compactor needed...they can always follow me around
Congradulations George W. Bush!! you Defeated Afghanistan!! You recieve 5,263,772 exp. and a Mythril Plate Mail!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
drx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendrx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

drx