Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Golf
Posted 2005-07-25, 07:12 PM
Anyone here play any competitive golf or even just play as a hobby? If so, what kind of clubs do you play? I just picked up a new Nike Ignite Driver and I love it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2005-07-25, 08:01 PM in reply to sue_13's post "Golf"
I played once in Hawaii and I fucking loved it plus I wasn't half bad either. Played once here in Austin and it was alright, the company kinda suck was all. Thats about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-07-25, 08:54 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I played once in Hawaii and I fucking..."
Golf sucks. I've tried it a bunch of times and just plain cannot get into it. So boring.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-07-25, 09:13 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Golf sucks. I've tried it a bunch of..."
Yea but once you figure out how to get the ball to go where you want it to.. it can be exciting as fuck..

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-07-25, 09:37 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Yea but once you figure out how to get..."
Yeah, I've finally got to the point where if i make a bogey I'm not thrilled. I used to aim for a bogey every hole but nowadays I'm getting pars and a birdie here and there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensue_13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sue_13

Posted 2005-07-25, 09:40 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "Yeah, I've finally got to the point..."
To quote Robin Williams...

"Golf is such an exciting sport! Whack the ball, sit in the cart..... Whack the ball, sit in the cart.... Whack the ball, sit in the cart...."

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-07-26, 06:13 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "To quote Robin Williams... "Golf is..."
I don't usually have a cart.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sue_13

Posted 2005-07-26, 09:51 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "I don't usually have a cart."
I'm surprised Bobby (gruesome) hasnt posted here. Does he even know this part of the board exists?

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-07-27, 08:35 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I'm surprised Bobby (gruesome) hasnt..."
I haven't seen him post anywhere other than the clan forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sue_13

Posted 2005-07-27, 08:47 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "I haven't seen him post anywhere other..."
I IMed him the link, hopefully he'll actually post outside the DE section for once.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-07-27, 08:50 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I IMed him the link, hopefully he'll..."
yea ill start posting outside once i figure my way around- golf is the best and there is nothing that anybody can say to change that- especially when u are good at it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-07-27, 11:41 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "yea ill start posting outside once i..."
the driving range is fun
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2005-07-29, 09:15 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "the driving range is fun"
I've been spending a lot of time on the range lately. Having problems pushing my long irons.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sue_13

Posted 2005-07-29, 09:17 AM in reply to sue_13's post starting "I've been spending a lot of time on the..."
I go golfing three times a year, and that's it. Mother's day, Father's day, and when my cousin Travis comes up to visit.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-07-29, 09:42 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I go golfing three times a year, and..."
Hahaha- JR i think ur parents like me more cause i play golf. I promise ill teach ya some skills when i come back to Mass so u can kick their asses and be like see now i dont have to play golf anymore cause i can beat u.
Sue-13- if ur pushing ur irons, try to let ur arms drop into the slot first before moving ur hips. It might help with squaring the clubface to the target. It will also allow you to get more aggresive with the driver and 3 wood while giving u extra distance with every club. Dont get to excited and over swing tho. Just use a nice tempo and you will see a big improvment
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-07-29, 01:01 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Hahaha- JR i think ur parents like me..."
Thank you Mr. No-longer-an-employed-golf-instructor.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-07-29, 01:05 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Thank you Mr...."
Ur welcome captain obvious- This from the Fairfield University sophmore golfer that plays pretty much everyday.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-07-29, 08:42 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Ur welcome captain obvious- This from..."
He is exactly right though. That is exactly what I have been working on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sue_13

Posted 2005-07-31, 04:54 PM in reply to sue_13's post starting "He is exactly right though. That is..."
if u need help just leave whats happening in ur swing and ill try to help out. Im in the Bahamas right now, playing golf, but when i get back would be happy to help ya
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-08-01, 12:56 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "if u need help just leave whats..."
I think I'm getting it figured out. I hit 13/18 fairways and only missed 2 of them way right so my new driver is working out great for me. I'm getting like 20 more yards than I was before. I'm starting to figure out my irons really well too. I'm getting the draw back that disappeared when my swing went to hell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sue_13