Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Posted 2002-10-30, 02:33 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Well, I'll just try to keep my answers fairly short and do the point. Thanks a lot for the compliments, but I won't include them in the post, unless you want to sit up all night reading it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Toten
first we need more guides for making the right chars for the bots and guides how to config the ini files....so that the new users have it easier to find what they need...
then they don t need to create new treads and so they will stay here and don t go to the other forums...becouse they will find a lot of information...i hope i inspirat( right word??) you a little bit...

second we need more Advertisements....i think i found this site in google...but use other advertisements on some sites...
// Actually, I started a section with guides at the zelaron.com portal, but there aren't enough of them there. The portal just isn't finished, because I've had a hard time deciding what kind of content it should have.

// Also, we did advertise at Somethingawful once (probably the reason why we have so many insane people in the chat/flame forum), but quite frankly, advertising like that doesn't really work well. Search engine ranks are always good, but telling some friends would also be ideal. I just don't know yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by TeRaGuArD
Could you put the Zelaron > RPG Games > Diablo II > links at the bottom too so I don't have to scroll all the way up to go back somewhere jus a thought to make it easier. Oh and I jus checked out the games plz fix the music loop on the Breakout game it drove me nuts.
// If you're talking about a link in the bottom of the forum index (forumhome), then I can't say I like the idea completely. Shouldn't it usually take longer to scroll by the D2 forum, all the way down to the bottom? Actually, I do have a plan for simplicity, but I can't reveal it just yet.

// About the Breakout game, I can't fix the music, because I'm not the game author, so therefore, I can't edit the .swf files. The best thing I can offer you is an oppertunity to turn your volume down

Quote:
Originally posted by Adrenachrome
it had a direct link to hellmonkeys site whenever i needed it i just went to Zelaron then hellmonkeys
// That's not really a huge change, I'll deal with it once I've decided what kind of new portal content should be added. Besides, I'm starting to find the affiliate section quite useless. So far, I haven't really heard about anyone coming to the site that way. Taco's site is pretty decent though, but most of the sites aren't.

Quote:
Originally posted by Titusfied
I think that you guys should do more polls: Like I read in one post, how much MF and what you've been getting. Try to figure out what is getting the best results. Maybe at a certain time, or day, or character (I know I'm stretching here, but I think it would be interesting).

I'd also like to see comparisons with other bots and maybe expand your downloadable section so that other bots can be checked out that we know are safe. There are a lot of bots, and I've tried a lot better ones than IPB 3.4 and JEDi, but I can't get sufficient help for troubleshooting them enough to get them to work properly...
// That sounds like a job for the forum moderators, and/or members. Anyone can contribute, it just takes a while to get people started at times.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shpook
hmmm, maybe more stuff that gets the users involved, like a working chat(lol), more polls, more mod and admin interaction(it's good now, but more would be better) More direct software links, links to the sig hosting sites and other hosting sites, better tutorials on the bots/graphics/hack progs. Maybe full featured contests with prizes(nothing major really)

Also, maybe you could put a thread or something in the D2Hackit and bots forum that people could upload their PickitLog.html for everyone to see...

One more thing, make it easy to access user stats thru UserCP or something, and go thru and make sure all the links work(cuz ive found a few that dont, mainly in the forum jump)
// We DO have an IRC chat, but right now, it's only forwarding to another server, which has been taken out. I'm looking for a better one, and I can just say that Quakenet and ETG haven't been very good. Undernet isn't very easy to find a working channel on, but in time, we might start our own IRC network. However, our bandwidth is a bit limited right now though, so that will be an idea for later.

// User stats? As in, your own post count and so on? Feel free to PM me more in detail. Besides, the "forumjump" is usually a resource hog and a pain, it keeps doing some odd things, but it's a bug in vBulletin. Version 3.0 should be released in less than a month (if I can beleive the hype), and hopefully, that should take care of it.

Quote:
Originally posted by drivehappy
2.) More programmers interacting, i'm an avid programmer, not too many ppl on the programming forum though.

3.) OOoo just thought about this one, have like IRC chat or something here... for all them n00bs posting for help with the bots. It would be so much easier to talk instantly with 'em.

4.) Dunno about this; Xbox game cracking.

BTW: Blizzard prolly knows about this site already... they did make the greatest game in the world, they're not stupid. But I really don't think any bots are illegal, since technically they arent alterating anything in the game, just sending harmless packets back and forth.
// Well, more programmer interaction isn't really a solution to the problem. What would make programmers join this board? They don't come out of nowhere.

// Correct me if I'm wrong, but the XBOX game cracking sounds highly illegal. Warez are beyond our policy, but game hacks are still all right, as long as they are not harmful to the user(s). Blizzard most likely knows about the site, but there are lots of Diablo II cheat/hacking sites, so they don't deal with them all. The only legal case so far (which Blizzard lost) was against the author of BNETD, the emulated Battle.Net.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shpook
Also, I dont know quite how v Bulletin works, but maybe you could add frames that way there's a quick and easy forum jump on the side or top of the screen?
// Frames are the nemesis of web designers. I would rather add a small menu object that follows the user all the way down, which expands upon clicking.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-10-30, 06:36 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
The Frames with the jump idea I like and add a lil music like hellmonkeys~~~like diff music files and an off button of course since at times those are needed

Nontheless this sites still pwns all
:End of Line:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TeRaGuArD is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTeRaGuArD is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TeRaGuArD

Posted 2002-10-30, 06:39 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Yeah add some music. Not huge files, but just some midi's or something. I have a few good ones if ya want them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-10-30, 06:47 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Heh, music would be alright, but like one poster said, make sure it has an option to listen to it, because half the time I'm on this forum, I'm at work, and that wouldn't be good to have music for me then!!

Also, you said about my ideas that the moderators would need to do that and take the time to make up those studies and what not... well, how should I go about taking care of them doing it? Should I PM them all that post and see what they say, or will you say something...?

Thanks

Titusfied
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-10-31, 01:48 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
I've never been much of a board reader/poster myself. I usually average about 10 posts a month or so everywhere else I've gone. So, I think i'm doing pretty well on this one. I think it's because I like the company not so many flames or down right assholish posts.

Better newb help is always needed, I still don't see how people mess up .ini files myself though, the directions are in there already and make sense....

Possibly add a few lil things under a persons avatar, Game/Realm they play on, or possibly have a page with statistic's of what game/realm most zelerons play? .. a Pie chart maybe.. I like Pie...

Perhaps add reasons for why some things aren't made somewhere? like a Bot FAQ page, I've been asked so many times to make a bloody script for JED that will take a friends pally, assassin, and the like through bloody hills.... One day I plan to try it.. I just need to figure out what I'm doing

Mainly I think there just needs to be more info pages than just the readme's that come with the diff files, though, I guess that was more of an idea for hellmonkeys site... but people coem here with questions from things they download there, so i guess that doesn't matter.

I found my way here from a friend, but didn't put him as my referal because i didn't knwo the name he used here.

Last edited by Reltach; 2002-10-31 at 01:52 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Reltach is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenReltach is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Reltach

Posted 2002-10-31, 02:24 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
I've added the realm field to the user profiles, you can all add that information via your User CP if you like.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-10-31, 05:49 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
With the Market Place forum for Diablo i think that u should have like a section where you can choose what you want for example.
The (XXX) represents the number of posts.

Unique Weapons (56)
Unique Armors (13)

once clicked on those it goes even further more in dept like

Unique armors boots (4)
Unique armors belts (7)

im not sure if ppl want this or this could be done....but that would b pretty easy to find what u actually want IMO. for the marketplace forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2002-10-31, 09:42 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
I always thought that the Horadrim Library

http://www.planetdiablo.com/library/

was a good site that still does not live up to its potential. A resource guide for items, sets, runes etc would be cool.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-11-01, 11:09 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
YA RELTACH! heh you didn't put me referal... i'm sad now anyways... ya what rel said is great... i was thinking of making a JED faq... but was kinda lazy... so... heh
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-11-01, 11:45 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
just want to say the forum design looks awesome!!

keep up the gd work!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
eudora is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeneudora is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

eudora

Posted 2002-11-01, 11:48 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
thnx we're happy ur having a nice time
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-11-04, 08:47 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
What I've liked off of www.diabloworld.com (there old site mind you, this new purple one sucks it) is there files section, here you have to find the bots thread, hellmonkey's post, his link, his annoying music page (not to be mean, but i really hate sites with music), then the correct link there. Would be so much easier for something off to the left for a quick link to things. Maybe, im not sure how vbbulletin works as well, but have all pm's and any new posts (under a user's custom favorite thread?) everything that the user wants on one page.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
drivehappy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendrivehappy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

drivehappy

Posted 2002-11-08, 07:48 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Now I definitly think an updated download section at the portal
linked to a sticky in the apropriate section would be one of the most usefull changes at the moment.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-11-08, 08:04 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Quote:
Originally posted by Adrenachrome
hmmmmm lets see..

well honestly Crusher i think this is the best diablo gaming site as far as information BUT
more direct links to the hacks would be helpful for new users
Well it's not the best
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-11-08, 08:12 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Lee

Well it's not the best
Most helpful.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-11-08, 08:15 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
I think you should add a faq section for some programs.

I think they are very usefull. Since poeple keep asking the same questions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kevinlekiller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkevinlekiller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kevinlekiller

Posted 2002-11-08, 08:20 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Helpfull ? Have you vistied other big d2 forums ? Actually only the d2bots forums is somehow active.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-11-08, 08:24 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
more animation would be nice like music and flashy picture tings lol

Last edited by kevinlekiller; 2002-11-11 at 01:36 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kevinlekiller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkevinlekiller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kevinlekiller

Posted 2002-11-08, 08:28 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Quote:
Originally posted by kevinlekiller
What Would Be Kool Would Be A Chat Room.
http://www.zelaron.com/forums/irc.php

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-11-13, 01:21 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
i think we could use a chat room and a section where to download 'software' . I found this on yahoo i was looking for bot. I been to others forum and they are not that good

THIS SITE KICK ASS
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
acido is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenacido is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

acido