Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Anime or Manga?
Posted 2003-03-25, 11:00 PM
Do you guys like watching Anime or reading Manga?

I found that some mangas are better than the animes...

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-26, 12:04 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
I'm not a huge comic guy in the first place, and I'm especially not a fan of bass-ackwards black and white Japanese comics. I vastly prefer anime.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-03-26, 07:11 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
yes anime is a little better i think
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-03-26, 07:24 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
Well i enjoy both reading and watching. So it doenst matter 4 me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-03-26, 10:05 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
I'm not too sure.
(Kenshin) The only arch enemy in the anime is Shishio Makoto...right?
But in the manga there are more...cool enemies.

Or...maybe I haven't watch all the animes. ><''

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-26, 12:14 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
Vampire Hunter D is always, always going to be my favorite anime. It's enough to tip the scales in favor of the anime genre as opposed to manga. (Although I was left disapointed by Vampire Hunter D 2 : Bloodlust though it did have it's good points. Hope they make another)
OMG 1337 H4X()rInG SkiLLz, post 1, 000.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-26, 07:18 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
Is this guy (right) in the anime as well? (Kenshin.)

EDIT: Nevermind, I think he's in one of the OVA.

Last edited by Senesia; 2003-03-26 at 08:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-27, 07:06 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
Yeah, he's in one of the OVAs. Pretty good fight, too.

I just hate how they cut out the returns of Saitoh and Seta Soujiro in the show, though. Those two are my favourite characters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-03-27, 10:09 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
I like Kenshin's shishou...hehe. Hiko Seijuro.
The first time I watched the anime, I didn't expect his shishou to be like that...

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-27, 03:01 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
Whats the difference between anime and manga?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-03-27, 03:03 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
Manga as in the Hard copy, reading material.
While Anime is the animation you watch.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-27, 09:34 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
Senesia said:
I like Kenshin's shishou...hehe. Hiko Seijuro.
The first time I watched the anime, I didn't expect his shishou to be like that...

http://terry21090330.uhome.net/ken504-1.jpg
He's kind of hard to describe. I'd call him a cocky, lazy drunkard if anything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-03-27, 09:41 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
Rurouni Storm said:
He's kind of hard to describe. I'd call him a cocky, lazy drunkard if anything.
Hey, not hard to discribe afterall!
I like most of the sences of him and Kenshin. Most of them are quite humorous.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-27, 11:21 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
1. Why do I feel like I'm the only that has no fucking clue what any of these techincal terms for these cartoon drawings mean?

2. Where the fuck have you been Storm?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-03-27, 11:29 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
Techincal terms?
Cartoon drawings?
Whaaat?

Rurouni Storm was around, just didn't post much...he didn't post for about 9 days. He started to post again on the 20th...

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-28, 10:11 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
Yeah, you know, for the normal people that don't watch cartoons or look for pictures of scantily drawn cartoon chicks to post about on forums. For those people that have a life, watch sports, drink beers, party, go to school, do normal things.

Anime and Manga? Kenshin? Hiko Seijuro? Shinshou? OVA's? Saitoh and Seta Soujiro? Shishio Mokato?

So, again, I simply asked a question about why do I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't know all the characters name? Or the technical terms for cartoon drawings? Or where to find them for that matter? AKA, the "technical" stuff about "cartoon drawings".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-03-28, 11:31 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
I see.
Anime is just Japanese Animation, and Manga is Japanese comic.
Kenshin is refering to Rurouni Kenshin, the main character of the story.
Shinshou is Japanese for Teacher.
Hiko Seijuro is the one who taught Kenshin.
OVA stands for Original Video Anime.

Saitoh:

Seta Soujiro:

Last edited by Senesia; 2003-03-28 at 11:33 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-03-28, 07:14 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-28, 07:16 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
Ugh, as much as that cleared things up, I'm still confused and wished I'd never read this thread! LOL!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-03-28, 09:56 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Anime or Manga?"
Titusfied said:
2. Where the fuck have you been Storm?
Ill. Very ill.

Anime is actually the Japanese word for animation, but is used to describe Japanimation nowadays.

OVA - an anime TV movie

Manga - Japanese comic (source of or offshoot of many animes)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm