Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2003-10-26, 03:58 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Does time Freeze work on everything only only crappy stuff are affected by it ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-10-26, 05:04 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Triple Overdrive charges the Overdrive gauge extremely fast. Cojnterattack has Auron attack after he is attacked by a PHYSICAL attack. And Break Damage Limit makes it possible for Auron to cause Auron to go beyond the 9999 damage limit. The most he can cause is 99999.

If Dante can just use Bangle of Time, then it is impossible for anyone to beat him. He can just freeze time and attack with his strongest attacks, reducing any opponent to dust.

Auron' would have to stay far away from Dante. To much of a hazzard to stay by him. I'm not fully convinced that Auron couldn't get a good shot in every now and then, but it does seem a litle unlikely.

Dante's so such a pussy. Hovering in the air endlessly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-10-26, 05:12 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
It works with Medium size boss, such as Nelo Angelo. Bosses like Phatom, Griffon, Nightmare aren't affected by it but those are monsters which are 10+ times as big as Dante.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-26, 05:15 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Dante would get FUCKED UP if he fought Auron blade to blade, man to man, mono e mono.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-10-26, 05:57 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2003-10-26, 06:53 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Shinto Katana said:
Squall won, kkthxbye
Couldn't agree more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-10-26, 08:00 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Damn, this is a good one guys. Keep it up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-10-27, 02:49 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Kuja`s #1 said:
Dante would get FUCKED UP if he fought Auron blade to blade, man to man, mono e mono.
Too bad Auron isn't good in range attack, huh?

Dante's Sparda is actually as big as Auron's sword, if not bigger. Dante isn't shabby in sword fight either, so there is no guarantee that Auron would win easily even if they are to go into a melee duel due to Dante's ablity in evasion.

Also, Dante can change to Ifrit gaunlet and have an advantage in really close ranged fight. With weapons, you will have to swing it and whatnot, but with his fire enchanted gaunlets he can just punch and kick away.

About Bangle of Time, Dante can use it when he has his Devil Gauge, but my argument is he wouldn't use it unless it is for stopping Auron to execute his devastating attack. The fact that it only needs 3 symbols to trigger Bangle of Time, Dante will be able to use it when Auron decides to use his overdrive. (Like I've mentioned, it is easy to fill devil gauge.)

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-27, 03:38 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
I give up....yet again. Your posts give me headaches. I REFUSE to accept Dante as anything more than a mildly okay figure. The inability to recognize Dante's powers, makes me underestimate him. God I hope someone helps me... PLEASE!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-10-27, 05:27 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
In that case Auron could avoid using his overdrive untill Dante use his devil gauge. So it would mean no time stop and no air raid thingy.

For the Ifrit gaunlet i doubt he would be able to change to the glove in a fight and keep his guard up at the same time it would make him wide open for a devastating blow.

Auron Pimitive attack give him the advantage in close combat and the same thing goes for counter.

At some point Dante will need to use his Devil Gauge if he want to hope to win this one but the only thing it will result in is giving a chance for auron to do his overdrive after that could lead to devastating damage to Dante using his Banishing Blade lowering dante damage, armor, magic dmg, mental break ? (magic resist ?). As you see not only would he be in an extreme bad shape after that because of the blow but all the status effect would render him quite weaker.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-10-27, 11:51 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
It takes about 1 second to change to Ifrit when Dante is using Alastor. (Without going into the weapon menu.)

Hmm, Dante can first build up 3 symbols, and never let it go below 3 symbols. He can build it up to 8, 10, whatever, go to Devil Trigger, and stop using Devil Trigger as soon as his gauge hits the third symbols so that he will be safe for Auron's Overdrive. He can stop Devil Trigger anytime he wants to, it doesn't have to burn out to the end.

Like I have mentioned, Auron isn't that good in ranged battle. The duel is held in a huge open area, so the advantage has clearly gone to Dante's side. Dante can always keep a good safe distance between Auron and at the same time deals moderate damage to him.

I forgot to mention, when Dante is in Devil Mode, his health will regenerate in a moderately fast pace. (Moderately fast in the Normal mode of the game.) His attack damage and defense will be significantly higher, and if he's using Alastor, his movement will be twice as fast.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-28, 12:34 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
auron is gonna win, he can lvl to 99 have 99999 hp 9999mana his damag can be 99999 and dont forget about his magics, he can be as strong as lulu. Which means auron is nearly invinceble.
"A pretty girl can kiss a guy, a bird can kiss a butterfly, the sun can kiss the grass, but you, my friend can kiss my ass!"

Last edited by iusetobekool; 2003-10-28 at 12:38 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iusetobekool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniusetobekool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iusetobekool

Posted 2003-10-28, 01:16 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Read the rules of zelaron melee.
http://www.zelaron.com/forums/showth...threadid=21997
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-10-28, 06:03 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Indeed the no magic thing is killing Auron. He doesn't have a prayer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-10-28, 06:04 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Isn't this battle about ready to end?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-28, 06:11 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Yes? No? Maybe...?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-10-29, 01:37 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Round 2! Auron vs. Dante"
Ladies and gentlemen, this battle has come to an end! Please check the Bracket Thread for the victory announcement!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel