Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

The Christian Gene
Posted 2008-03-30, 11:19 AM
It looks like they've isolated the Christian gene. Hopefully it's only a matter of time before they rid us of this plague.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gPKH_XjY5aI
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:33 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "The Christian Gene"
I don't understand why people are even buying this. It's horseshit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:33 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I don't understand why people are even..."
HandOfHeaven said:
What do you mean?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:35 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I don't understand why people are even..."
HandOfHeaven said:
It's definitely real. What bullshit are you referring to?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:35 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "What do you mean?"
A Christian gene? Is there an Islam gene as well? Those two parents who thought they had gone wrong somewhere because their kid is a Christian. How is it inherent, then, if the parents don't have it? Religion is a choice, not genetic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:36 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "It's definitely real. What bullshit are..."
There's been well documented peer-reviewed research on this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:36 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "A Christian gene? Is there an Islam..."
HandOfHeaven said:
A Christian gene? Is there an Islam gene as well? Those two parents who thought they had gone wrong somewhere because their kid is a Christian. How is it inherent, then, if the parents don't have it? Religion is a choice, not genetic.
I'm pretty sure the Christian gene is recessive. Both parents must have had a single recessive allele.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:38 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "A Christian gene? Is there an Islam..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Seriously, take a course in genetics. It'll make more sense then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:38 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I'm pretty sure the Christian gene is..."
Hmm... Could you possibly link up some of that research? I'm curious.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:39 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Hmm... Could you possibly link up some..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Hmm... Could you possibly link up some of that research? I'm curious.
GIve me a sec...I'll have to find some papers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:43 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "GIve me a sec...I'll have to find some..."
Here's one:

http://www.nature.com/embor/journal/...mbor20081.html

Quote:
Overexpression of the CRST117 protein within 7 days of birth shows a positive correlation to religiosity, and Christianity in particular, in H. Sapiens.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2008-03-30 at 12:46 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:46 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Here's one: ..."
I don't have authorization. Either way, I thought this was just a hoax, since it was posted in the Chatterbox. I read a few of the studies out there supporting it, so I suppose there's nothing else I can say.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:49 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I don't have authorization. Either way,..."
Lol. It was a hoax. You just got so worked up over it, I had to toy with you. I don't know of any studies that reveal a "Christian gene."

I generally don't like disseminating misinformation, but this was fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:50 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Lol. It was a hoax. You just got so..."
Wow, I really am that gullable. Sad...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:51 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Wow, I really am that gullable. Sad..."
By the way, the video is making fun of Christians claiming that homosexuality is a choice.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2008-03-30 at 12:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:52 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "By the way, the video is making fun of..."
All my base are belong to you.

Lol, pity rep. Thanks, ha. You intelligent types really have fun sometimes. :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-03-30, 12:54 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "All my base are belong to you. Lol,..."
Had to edit my post, I'm all out of rep
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2008-03-31, 09:12 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "The Christian Gene"
lol. "Pink Tiger Research Facility" funny.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-03-31, 10:43 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "lol. "Pink Tiger Research Facility"..."
I'm willing to admit I was believing you, MJ, but only because of who you are. It didn't really cross my mind that you would do this :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-03-31, 10:54 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm willing to admit I was believing..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I'm willing to admit I was believing you, MJ, but only because of who you are. It didn't really cross my mind that you would do this :P
Heh. Well, for future reference, it is nonsensical to speak of a gene for something as complex as religion, language, complex emotions, etc. Genes encode a protein. This protein may play a large part in an emotion, etc., but it alone does not give you a complex function. It would make more sense to speak of gene-complexes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes