Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2003-12-04, 12:58 PM in reply to Raziel's post "The "Reasons" Thread"
I am 19, and this is my Second year in College. I didn't like the courses and program I've picked last year, so I switched to Science/Arts this year.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-12-14, 06:17 AM in reply to Raziel's post "The "Reasons" Thread"
I've split my own spam out of here just to keep it tidy.

Dante vs. Samus

I apologize for the delay, but this was the toughest one for me to judge by far. In fact, I never actually decided on a winner, hence the reason the Bracket Thread lists the decision as a 2/3 vote. Both Titus and Uncapped picked Samus for the win, and regardless of what my decision would have been, she'd have won.

Why was it so tough for me to decide? Mainly because a lot of the best arguments were speculative and neither side really seemed to dissolve their opponents arguments. Both sides put up what I would consider a 100% match, making it impossible for me to choose between the two.

Examples: could Dante's attacks pierce through the Screw Attack? Some say yes, some say no. Obviously, Screw Attacking the Mother Brain caused injury to Samus, but the same could not be said for the Metroid Queen.

Then there's the argument of whether or not Dante's attacks would have added effect because of their magical nature. No argument was put forth by either side that determined the answer one way or another. sh0e made some interesting investigations regarding the Chozo race and their nature in the universe, but it's stated frequently (mostly in Space Pirate research data) that Chozo technology is indecipherable, possibly because of the use of magic in their creations. Couple that with the fact that Samus' Power Armor was considered to be the peak of their combative technological achievements, and there's a very good possibility that her Power Armor is magically enhanced. Either way, there weren't any arguments on either side that permanently swayed my decision.

This was a tough battle, and mainly because there were a lot of unknown elements, and the arguments posed were based entirely around said factors. This was my favorite battle thus far because everyone involved was thinking a lot more creatively than in any previous match. I hope to see more fights that absolutely stump me in the future.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2008-03-25, 11:20 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I've split my own spam out of here just..."
Ya know I was thinking... I say Seifer would beat Seymour. He's just too fast and strong for Seymour's magic to work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1