Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2003-10-01, 08:39 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
Heh, yeah, I think they even have a dubbed version of Shaman King now... Horrible of course, I mean which anime ever came out good after being dubbed?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-01, 09:31 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
Bastard!!... ive watched it subbed and dubbed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2003-10-01, 09:51 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
Randuin said:
Heh, yeah, I think they even have a dubbed version of Shaman King now... Horrible of course, I mean which anime ever came out good after being dubbed?
Spirited Away's dub turned out pretty good. That's about the only example I can think of...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-10-01, 10:41 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
Cowboy Bebop is still my favourite, followed by Trigun.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-10-01, 02:36 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
WetWired said:
Randuin said:
Spirited Away's dub turned out pretty good. That's about the only example I can think of...
Good dubs:
Bebop
Trigun
Hellsing (better than the Japanese version, IMO)
Nadesico
El Hazard
.hack
The Big O

There are quite a few examples of good dubs, but the bad ones still outnumber them.

Bad dubs (that I remember)
Rurouni Kenshin (mainly just Kenshin's voice)
Dragonball anything
Great Teacher Onizuka (not necessarily horrible, but the voice actor for Onizuka really doesn't fit the character and a few minor characters have really annoying voices)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-10-01, 03:07 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
Thats why i watch my anime in jap with american subtitles voices dotn make much of a diff. I cant understand them anyways
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-10-01, 04:03 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
Quote:
Good dubs:
.hack
I have an extreme dislike for the English dub of .hack ... in //SIGN mostly I dislike the voice of Mimiru, though none of the English stuff seemed as good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-10-01, 05:00 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
Yeah, Mimiru doesn't sound the right age. I consider it more of a dub I can tolerate than I dub I really like.

I call a "bad dub" one that makes me want to murder the voice actors. Shaman King falls into that category.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-10-01, 05:38 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
Heh I qualify anything worse than the jap version bad... But yes... Shaman King's dub is HORRIBLE
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-01, 08:11 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
Dark Schneiders voice in Bastard!! is way better then the japanese voice
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2003-10-01, 11:28 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
Gawd, did you watch Naruto yet? nub?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-01, 11:46 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
I've watched most of Tenshi na Konamaiki in the last few days, that could be an interesting one for some people. =)
A+ Certified PC Tech Guy/Seitentaisei
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sqrl is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSqrl is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sqrl

Posted 2003-10-01, 11:49 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
I just got everything of Cowboy Bebop and gonna start watching it soon. (Don't kill me!)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-02, 12:11 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "All of you who posted in 'which anime..."
I'm going to kill you, I can't believe you haven't seen it yet.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence