Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Grin More Minorities in CELLS than Dorms
Posted 2007-09-27, 08:04 AM
Pretty funny actually, just read a little excerpt from CNN.com's story

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/27/cen....ap/index.html

Check it out. Found it hilairious that it is SO much easier for them to get into college compared to most of us, and they don't even take advantage of it.

Lmfao.

CNN said:
More than three times as many black people live in prison cells as in college dorms, the government said in a report to be released Thursday.

A guard watches inmates exercise in the yard last month at the Mule Creek State Prison in Ione, California.

The ratio is only slightly better for Hispanics, at 2.7 inmates for every Latino in college housing.

Among non-Hispanic whites, more than twice as many live in college housing as in prison or jail.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-27, 08:10 AM in reply to D3V's post "More Minorities in CELLS than Dorms"
That's some funny shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-09-27, 08:17 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "That's some funny shit."
Yes, it's hilarious that some races are doing pretty badly. Let's laugh it up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-27, 08:18 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yes, it's hilarious that some races are..."
Dude, if you don't agree with it you don't have to find it funny. From my perspective they've got a silver platter with everything they need for the rest of their lives handed to them, and yet, they don't take advantage of it.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-27, 08:27 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Dude, if you don't agree with it you..."
There are a lot of things at play that you are ignorant of. If you weren't, you wouldn't find this funny.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-27, 08:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "There are a lot of things at play that..."
Like 'makin' it in the hood'? Not intended as a joke. Plus, the article even says that most inmates (96%) are 25 or older, while college age is 18-24.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-09-27, 08:56 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Like 'makin' it in the hood'? Not..."
It's not necessarily "making it in the hood."

Being white gives us many, many priveledges that we don't even realize because we're so used to having them. If you had to go a day as a black person, or as a mexican, you would see exactly what they are missing out on.

D3v, have you ever been pulled over because you're white? Have you ever been profiled as a shoplifter in a store because you're white?

Not only that, but this "study" is very deceptive.

First of all, not ALL college students live in dorms, so this isn't talking about how many blacks are in prison vs in college. It's talking about how many blacks are in prison vs in dorms. They are two very different things. There are, in fact, more blacks in college than there are in prison, which you might find suprising because college-age is only 18-24 for the most part, whereas prison age is anywhere from 18 up, a much larger range.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-27, 09:07 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's not necessarily "making it in the..."
18-24 is not necessairily the 'college age'. That's just when people can first attend. There are alot of people trying to turn their lives around after 24 that still attend.

I don't see how you can call me ignorant, when in the 'Jena 6' thread you defend the white guy? I'm so confused.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-09-27, 11:10 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "18-24 is not necessairily the 'college..."
He just likes to disagree with every post of yours, mine, or everyone else's actually. I guess we're all ignorant.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-09-27, 11:12 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "He just likes to disagree with every..."
Thanatos said:
He just likes to disagree with every post of yours, mine, or everyone else's actually. I guess we're all ignorant.
I'm going to threaten the stability of the universe and agree with your post, thus creating a paradox and possibly destroying space-time as we know it.

Owned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!