Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

No Handlebars
Posted 2008-04-30, 04:33 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=afX6VYn48KE

The first impression is, of course, that this guy can't really sing very well and it sounds very amateur. Listen to it anyway.

I heard this song for the first time today, and I must say, it has a great message. It's basically about how people in power, and humans as a whole, basically, have the power and capabilities to do really good things, but do bad things with that power instead. The song has great lyrics and a catchy tune, and even though the guy sounds incredibly amateur, I can't sing any better so I can't complain.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-30, 04:44 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "No Handlebars"
Just listened to it once -- I like it. I think I'm going to have to listen to it at least one more time to mull over what it means.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-04-30, 04:53 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Just listened to it once -- I like it...."
They also have other music you can find on Youtube, just search for "Flobots." I haven't had a chance to listen to any of their other music yet, so I can't say whether or not it is any good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-30, 05:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "They also have other music you can find..."
I don't like stuff that portrays a sad picture. Just makes me think about how superior we always say we are and how wrong it is.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-30, 06:31 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I don't like stuff that portrays a sad..."
The truth hurts eh?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-04-30, 06:38 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "The truth hurts eh?"
Good find K_A.

Here's the lyrics:

I can ride my bike with no handlebars
No handlebars
No handlebars

No handlebars
No handlebars

Look at me, look at me
hands in the air like it's good to be
ALIVE
and I'm a famous rapper
even when the paths're all crookedy
I can show you how to do-si-do
I can show you how to scratch a record
I can take apart the remote control
And I can almost put it back together
I can tie a knot in a cherry stem
I can tell you about Leif Ericson
I know all the words to "De Colores"
And "I'm Proud to be an American"
Me and my friend saw a platypus
Me and my friend made a comic book
And guess how long it took
I can do anything that I want cuz, look:

I can keep rhythm with no metronome
No metronome
No metronome

And I can see your face on the telephone
On the telephone
On the telephone

Look at me
Look at me
Just called to say that it's good to be
ALIVE
In such a small world
I'm all curled up with a book to read
I can make money open up a thrift store
I can make a living off a magazine
I can design an engine sixty four
Miles to a gallon of gasoline
I can make new antibiotics
I can make computers survive aquatic conditions
I know how to run a business
I can make you wanna buy a product
Movers shakers and producers
Me and my friends understand the future
I see the strings that control the systems
I can do anything with no assistance
Cuz I can lead a nation with a microphone
With a microphone
With a microphone
And I can split the atoms of a molecule
Of a molecule
Of a molecule

Look at me
Look at me
Driving and I won't stop
And it feels so good to be
Alive and on top
My reach is global
My tower secure
My cause is noble
My power is pure
I can hand out a million vaccinations
Or let'em all die from exasperation
Have'em all healed from their lacerations
Have'em all killed by assassination
I can make anybody go to prison
Just because I don't like'em and
I can do anything with no permission
I have it all under my command
Because I can guide a missile by satellite
By satellite
By satellite
And I can hit a target through a telescope
Through a telescope
Through a telescope
And I can end the planet in a holocaust
In a holocaust
In a holocaust
In a holocaust
In a holocaust
In a holocaust

No handlebars
No handlebars

No handlebars
No handlebars
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-04-30, 09:07 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "No Handlebars"
Heard that song a week and a half ago and immediately put it on my iPod.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-04-30, 09:12 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "No Handlebars"
Heard this the other morning, on the radio actually. Loved the wit and message. Thanks for reminding me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-04-30, 11:32 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Heard this the other morning, on the..."
Deja vu, or this was already posted. Ugh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-01, 11:57 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "No Handlebars"
They have been playing this like crazy on Live 105 here in the Bay. Cool song. I really like it.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2008-05-01, 01:09 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "They have been playing this like crazy..."
Erm, it's okay. Nothing magnificent though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2017-12-17, 06:42 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "No Handlebars"
This song has really grown on me over the years.

!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=afX6VYn48KE

The first impression is, of course, that this guy can't really sing very well and it sounds very amateur. Listen to it anyway.

I heard this song for the first time today, and I must say, it has a great message. It's basically about how people in power, and humans as a whole, basically, have the power and capabilities to do really good things, but do bad things with that power instead. The song has great lyrics and a catchy tune, and even though the guy sounds incredibly amateur, I can't sing any better so I can't complain.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2017-12-21, 07:27 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "This song has really grown on me over..."
Also, this was on reddit this morning

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_t0LX_Of33U
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2017-12-21, 11:06 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Also, this was on reddit this morning ..."
Hahaha, owned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2017-12-22, 12:47 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Also, this was on reddit this morning ..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
And before someone digs into my post history and sees it themselves, yes I play Neopets in 2017 faggots.
fag  
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2017-12-22, 02:39 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "fag  "
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!