Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Cliff Diving
Posted 2006-06-01, 10:27 PM
Today was pretty sweet. Three others and myself drove about an hour to this place where there is a 20-30 foot cliff. We jumped off of it a lot, and there was a rope swing. Too bad we didn't have any beers to make it better.
Plus for kicks, my buddy's van made it to 69,000 on the way back. The videos we have on the camera are pretty sweet, my friend did a double-flip but landed on his side somehow. Wish I could load them here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0123.JPG (132.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0133.JPG (82.1 KB, 7 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-06-01, 10:49 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Cliff Diving"
sounds awesome. I want to try that, bungie jumping and sky diving in the future
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-06-01, 10:51 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "sounds awesome. I want to try that,..."
This was hard for me to do, because I am afraid of heights. We're gonna go up there every week though, hoping that it is not too crowded.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-06-01, 11:01 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "This was hard for me to do, because I..."
:-\.

The next mile count on my car that I'm looing foward to is 99,999. Good ole inside joke.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-06-03, 09:51 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Cliff Diving"
that sounds like the shit man youre so lucky i wish i could go cliff diving.
you all suck]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
aron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

aron

Posted 2006-06-04, 05:16 AM in reply to aron's post starting "that sounds like the shit man youre so..."
Surely there's someplace nearby?

I don't know where all the Loch's are in relation to Edinburgh, but a weekend holiday to one of them should allow you to cliff dive a bit? Albeit into cold water.

Alternatively, pay a visit to the Lake District. Lot's of lakes, and a lot of "cliffs". Best to do it when it's warm.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-04, 11:26 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Surely there's someplace nearby? I..."
Yeah, we did it in sunny 85 degree weather. The water was still a little bit cold, but not nearly as cold as it would be there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-06-04, 01:32 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Yeah, we did it in sunny 85 degree..."
HA! The North of England would have to be on fire to reach 30C.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-04, 11:26 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "HA! The North of England would have to..."
No, reason for me to ruin a such good spam thread is there.

Last edited by Ganga; 2006-06-05 at 11:43 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2006-06-05, 10:02 AM in reply to Ganga's post starting "No, reason for me to ruin a such good..."
Yeah, because I really like jumping off a cliff into water and an area I haven't checked yet...
If you would know me in person, you'd find out that I am very cautious. Don't think you can sit back there and be like 'I am smarter than these kids, but I'm gonna wait until they screw up and tell me and THEN laugh at them.' Fuckin' biggot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-06-05, 03:14 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Yeah, because I really like jumping off..."
hoh ftw
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2006-06-05, 07:01 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "hoh ftw"
of course not!

Last edited by Ganga; 2006-06-05 at 11:43 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2006-06-05, 07:46 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "of course not!"
I'm fully aware of the possibility of something going completely wrong. Of course you'll say that I'm too young, 17, to actually think about situations. I'm not saying I'm sitting here saying 'I'm cautious, so I won't get hurt'. I was just making you aware that I'm not dumber than dirt, nor am I a stereotypical white male. Being cautious just lessens the opportunity for things to go wrong. I'm finished bickering here, if you have something more to say, bring it up in the flame forum. Stay out of my thread if you are going to bring more negativity.

-------------------------
Friends of mine went back there yesterday and found an amazing amout of stoners. They smoked a few bowls, and even bought acid from them, something I probably wouldn't have done. Although it was funny watching three of them stare into the strobe light and freak out last night. I was planning on going there again this Wednesday, but I have a date that afternoon and an away soccer game in the evening. I hope to go there again in the near future, maybe find other good spots to jump from.

Last edited by HandOfHeaven; 2006-06-05 at 07:50 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-06-05, 09:13 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I'm fully aware of the possibility of..."
Take some acid, smoke some weed, then go jumping. You'll have so much fun!

Either that or the worst trip of your life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-06-05, 10:40 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Take some acid, smoke some weed, then..."
it looks like you probally can find weed on that cliff

Last edited by Ganga; 2006-06-05 at 11:46 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2006-06-05, 10:52 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "it looks like you probally can find..."
It needs more sharks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-06-05, 10:56 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "It needs more sharks."
And sea urchins.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-06-05, 10:59 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "And sea urchins."
sea crates too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-06-06, 06:38 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I'm fully aware of the possibility of..."
Take your date there. It'll probably be really nice in the afternoon. And you can't wrong with a romatic walk in the surrounding countryside.

Then buy some weed, and play football. I've heard it's much more fun if you're stoned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-06, 07:59 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Take your date there. It'll probably be..."
Yeah, so you hear. Futbol on drugs. It depends on what type of high you're on, I normally just get confused and lazy when I play. Now, I can play a lot better drunk than high. Sounds like a fun date idea, but it's an hour away. Plus I'm having breakfast with her in a couple of hours and then we're gonna see The Omen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven