Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

About Ladder Hall -READ-
Posted 2003-10-30, 12:50 PM
I got this off blizzard @ www.blizzard.com

What happens when the ladder season is over?
All ladder characters become either Normal Core or Normal Hardcore Characters depending on what type of Ladder Characters they are. If you want to be a Ladder Character for the next Ladder season you must create a new character and flag it as a Ladder Character.

If this situation is true about ladder hall, then I dont really see any interest in playing it. If there were better items off of ladder hall or somthing I might concider playing it, but if ladder sessions are over then all of your hard work is a waste of time.

What is your opinions? Please post replys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
itsmetam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenitsmetam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

itsmetam

Posted 2003-10-30, 02:01 PM in reply to itsmetam's post "About Ladder Hall -READ-"
We knew this long time ago...

There are ladder-only items, which can only be found by Ladder characters.

IF I'm going to play D2 again, I will for sure play Ladder.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-30, 03:16 PM in reply to itsmetam's post "About Ladder Hall -READ-"
I am assuming your ladder only items and recipes will carry over to normal core right???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2003-10-30, 03:28 PM in reply to itsmetam's post "About Ladder Hall -READ-"
hey i have a question about ladder....when will the option 2 makea ladder char be gone i hate ladder it sucks it will end up getting hacked again
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Farting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFarting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Farting_Pumpkin

Posted 2003-10-30, 03:29 PM in reply to itsmetam's post "About Ladder Hall -READ-"
That's why there are ladder seasons, dumbass. Every so often, the entire ladder is wiped and everyone has to start over to be on the ladder.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-10-30, 03:34 PM in reply to itsmetam's post "About Ladder Hall -READ-"
Ladder will be worthwhile if you can keep your ladder only uber items when season is over- or if your the kind of person that values legit only games

Last edited by Nippletwister; 2003-10-31 at 06:01 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nippletwister is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNippletwister is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nippletwister

Posted 2003-10-30, 03:35 PM in reply to itsmetam's post "About Ladder Hall -READ-"
No need to call him a dumbass. Don't do it again. I like the ladder season, keeps shit legit. Its more fun this way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-10-30, 03:41 PM in reply to itsmetam's post "About Ladder Hall -READ-"
thanks for answering me titus
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Farting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFarting_Pumpkin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Farting_Pumpkin

Embarrassed
Posted 2003-10-30, 04:35 PM in reply to itsmetam's post "About Ladder Hall -READ-"
Yeah I'm thinking about quiting diablo until things get settled. Still not sure yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
itsmetam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenitsmetam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

itsmetam

Posted 2003-10-30, 10:07 PM in reply to itsmetam's post "About Ladder Hall -READ-"
Update on the keeping your items thing: Arreat Summit DOES say your items AND ladder-only items carry over onto the normal core....um, realm. However you'd like to put that. So, yes you get to keep them. Just means they'll be worth a LOT until a duper gets ahold of them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-10-30, 11:31 PM in reply to itsmetam's post "About Ladder Hall -READ-"
Titusfied said:
No need to call him a dumbass. Don't do it again. I like the ladder season, keeps shit legit. Its more fun this way.
I said that because of his statements.

1. "i hate ladder it sucks"
There is no reason to hate ladder. If you don't want to play ladder, all you have to do is not check the box.

2. "when will the option 2 makea ladder char be gone"
There is no reason to ever remove the option; that is primarily because it is an option.

3. "it will end up getting hacked again"
This is exactly (at least partially) why the new ladder system was implimented. It will help prevent hacking.

Does none of that seem indicative of the qualities classifying someone as worthy of holding such a title?
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-10-31, 02:56 PM in reply to itsmetam's post "About Ladder Hall -READ-"
Bob, be quiet. Just take what he said with a grain of salt.

Also, I've spent some time looking around for information about if you keep ladder only items after the ladder season ends, and I have found nothing.

But, if you could, then they wouldn't be ladder only items because you would then have them on non-ladder characters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2003-10-31, 03:43 PM in reply to itsmetam's post "About Ladder Hall -READ-"
Wiccan][V][asta said:
Also, I've spent some time looking around for information about if you keep ladder only items after the ladder season ends, and I have found nothing.

But, if you could, then they wouldn't be ladder only items because you would then have them on non-ladder characters.
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/bas...tertypes.shtml

Do I get to keep my Ladder Only Items when the season is over?
A: Yes. Any Ladder Only Items will be converted over when your character is converted to a Core character. These items can now be traded with other Core characters. That is the only way for Core characters to get ladder only items, as leftovers after a season is over.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker