Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Mass Banning
Posted 2005-08-10, 09:00 PM
Seems as though Blizzard has gotten a loooot of people with the Warden. I would not use a maphack for now, even if it is clean. They are using new anti-hack methods, the same ones they use for WoW now.

Pheer the Warden.

R.I.P. Kaneda
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-10, 09:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Mass Banning"
Yep.

Know a guy on HC lvl 73 ladder. Maphacked=Ezed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2005-08-11, 09:23 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Mass Banning"
What/Who is the warden? You mean Blizz?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Princess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPrincess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Princess_Hibed

Posted 2005-08-11, 09:39 AM in reply to Princess_Hibed's post starting "What/Who is the warden? You mean Blizz?"
lol ouch that sucks. Good thing i only used easymap for like a week. Im thinking netter knew it was detectable and wanted to fuck people over that way. But i dunno. Check this out kinda funny. http://diablo.nl.nu/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GoDLyZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGoDLyZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GoDLyZ

Posted 2005-08-11, 11:11 AM in reply to GoDLyZ's post starting "lol ouch that sucks. Good thing i only..."
Warden is blizzard's anti-hack thingy. They used it in WoW first, and now they use it on Diablo 2 as well. Apparently it gives them the ability check the game's memory for certain injected DLLs, which they can update the list of server side, and it checks every 2-4 seconds.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-11, 02:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Warden is blizzard's anti-hack thingy. ..."
You can hear taps playing softly in the distance.

170+high account gone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-11, 03:07 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "You can hear taps playing softly in the..."
Diablo II Accounts Closed
Nebu on August 11, 2005
We have just closed more than 36,000 accounts for cheating on Battle.net. More than 28,000 CD keys tied to these accounts have been disabled from Realm play on Battle.net for one month, and more than 3,000 CD keys have been permanently disabled from Realm play due to repeat offenses. Please see the Battle.net FAQ for details on our anti-cheating procedure. As a reminder, the Battle.net news window that Diablo II players see after logging in has had a long-running warning against the use of hacks, clearly indicating that if we detect that cheating is taking place, the offending accounts may be closed without notice and the CD keys tied to these accounts may likewise be disabled without notice. TodayÂ’s account closures reflect our zero-tolerance policy against cheating, as well as our effort to prepare the Realms for the new ladder season. We appreciate the support of the thousands of legitimate Diablo II players in helping us keep Battle.net a secure and fun place to play Blizzard games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-11, 04:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Diablo II Accounts Closed Nebu on..."
"TodayÂ’s account closures reflect our zero-tolerance policy against cheating, as well as our effort to prepare the Realms for the new ladder season. We appreciate the support of the thousands of legitimate Diablo II players in helping us keep Battle.net a secure and fun place to play Blizzard games."

Zero tolerancy policy against cheating whenever it SUITES THEM. People have been using MH's worry free for well over 3 years, almost the same w/ bots and pretty much any other exploit. The support from the "thousands" of legit players is primarly noobs, that just don't know where to get a mh from. I see a legit player once in a blue moon and hey thats cool but if they need to be constantly enforcing the rules so people dont become accustomed to breaking them. Just because they're initiating a new ladder they all of the sudden get w/ the program. They've probably banned the equivalent to half of the new players they've aquired w/ the new patch. I'm not crying, because I'm not playing anymore. But really, it was a bonehead move on they're part.
Moving onto WoW(hack free) eventually.

Last edited by Kaneda; 2005-08-11 at 04:31 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-08-12, 12:43 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting ""TodayÂ’s account closures reflect our..."
i just checked my acc's. my main acc is closed *sigh* and my cd key was banned for a month.. i need to go find my spaire cd keys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2005-08-12, 03:51 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting ""TodayÂ’s account closures reflect our..."
Kaneda said:
"TodayÂ’s account closures reflect our zero-tolerance policy against cheating, as well as our effort to prepare the Realms for the new ladder season. We appreciate the support of the thousands of legitimate Diablo II players in helping us keep Battle.net a secure and fun place to play Blizzard games."

Zero tolerancy policy against cheating whenever it SUITES THEM. People have been using MH's worry free for well over 3 years, almost the same w/ bots and pretty much any other exploit. The support from the "thousands" of legit players is primarly noobs, that just don't know where to get a mh from. I see a legit player once in a blue moon and hey thats cool but if they need to be constantly enforcing the rules so people dont become accustomed to breaking them. Just because they're initiating a new ladder they all of the sudden get w/ the program. They've probably banned the equivalent to half of the new players they've aquired w/ the new patch. I'm not crying, because I'm not playing anymore. But really, it was a bonehead move on they're part.
Moving onto WoW(hack free) eventually.
That a boy, I play WoW, and it's pretty awesome, once you hit the later levels, your just getting started on the game. I still play Daiblo 2 though alittle when the Warcraft realms are down or a new patch is out, might have to check to see if I was banned on D2. And I know they can't see who is cheating, because my friend and I were both using maphack ( last time they did mass bannings ) and we got realm down, but when we got back on he was banned for hacking and I wasn't, kinda strange don't you think? I say they just ban random people as a scare factor, "don't use the maphack or were gonna get ya". But maybe that is just me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2005-08-12, 06:40 AM in reply to badboy's post starting "That a boy, I play WoW, and it's pretty..."
that could be true, because i got banned twice when i wasnt using MH in 1.09 twice
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2005-08-12, 06:19 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "that could be true, because i got..."
I guess Im the once in a blue moon legit player who never used bots/maphack.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-08-12, 09:09 PM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "I guess Im the once in a blue moon..."
Make that two of us...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2005-08-12, 11:26 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Make that two of us..."
Yeah i was using a mh for a bit then stopped before ladder reset because i thought it had a backdoor trojan and I'm not banned. So IDK it is a mystery how the all "inteligent" bnet works.
XboxLive: x2xExZ

D2jsp: Your_Mom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2005-08-13, 12:31 AM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Yeah i was using a mh for a bit then..."
You might have not used it enough.

You probably just dodged a bullet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-08-13, 01:35 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "You might have not used it enough. ..."
Same thing happened to me i used easymap for like 3-4 days then i starting hearing about the backdoor and deleted it thank god
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GoDLyZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGoDLyZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GoDLyZ

Posted 2005-08-13, 10:11 AM in reply to GoDLyZ's post starting "Same thing happened to me i used..."
Basically there was something about how they flagged your account when they detected you using something 3rd partyish....obviously the more you play and the more you used it the more chances to be flagged more often. If you just used it once or twice randomly the chance is smaller (not zero but Im sure much smaller) than someone using MH and bots all day every day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-08-13, 10:26 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "Basically there was something about how..."
It has to do when with they updated the Warden scan list. I guess you could have just gotten lucky, but it scans every 2-4 seconds so I doubt you get lucky for long.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-08-13, 11:32 AM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "that could be true, because i got..."
PureRebel said:
that could be true, because i got banned twice when i wasnt using MH in 1.09 twice
you can gett banned not just for useing hacks i know my freinds account got baaned from haveing offensive names as they say these were some of his chars names dipfuc dumfuc not even the actual curse word but since he implied it he got banned
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zombie556 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzombie556 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zombie556

Posted 2005-08-13, 11:54 AM in reply to zombie556's post starting "you can gett banned not just for useing..."
I know people who have had their characters deleted. Never heard of anyone getting banned for offensive names though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!