Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Post PvP Pally- Setup/Strats...
Posted 2003-02-26, 06:06 AM
Ok, I actually have a melee Pally Dueler right now, but here is the catch. At first I was going to make him a dueler, then I didn't start him for a month or so later. At that time I decided, fuck it, I'm going PvM and maybe dueling here and there. But now, I wish I would've went full PvP, because I wasted a lot of my inventory making a Full Griz Set with 40/15 Max's...

Hey, its great for PvM, but now I need a little more time to get the right gear to work for PvP.

So far, this is what I use:
Fury Seraph Rod
7/8/18 (?) Vamp with 14 Max/ 15 IAS
Um Storm, but I obviously need to a 40/15 Max one to replace it.
40/15 Maxed Griz Armor.... Again, I need revision....
Perfect String
Raven
10 ll ring, I'll have to craft a better one soon though....
Highlords
20 IAS, 3 ll, and other mods Crafted gloves
Gore Riders

Now, I'm at lvl 90, so that gives me about these stats, and he still needs a lot of charms (most of mine now are FRW, but I don't really need that for Mainly Melee Dueling):
81% Chance Deadly Strike (33 Fury, 33 Highlords, 15 Gore... Is there a cap, or should I go with another pair of Boots?).
About 1200 Life without Charms.
75% Blocking Rate.
95% IAS, and 90% is needed for 4 frame Zeal attack with Fury Seraph and Fanat Aura on.

So far, he's pretty decent, and I've beaten up on all the Pally's, although I've only dueled like 5 different ones! LoL!

Any other thoughts on what I should go after or do? BTW, I'm pretty much a Zeal/ Fanat Pally, with the occassional Charge/ Smite attacking method.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-02-26, 06:20 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "PvP Pally- Setup/Strats..."
this what my pala has and beat almost all other's

40/15 max perfect gaze
160/60 max with life 90+
fury zerker axe
goreriders
perfect string
storm (cham)
2*11 ll ring with hp and other good mods
bloodfist
highlords

with this u will have about 3,5 k dmg zeal
and will get u healed with only 1 blow coz u will also have
about 48 ll
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2003-02-26, 11:39 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "PvP Pally- Setup/Strats..."
3.5k damage, thats pretty crappy for zerker

Use WarTravlers if you use a fury or loloeth weapon
use 6ll 20% ias gloves with stats/hp/etc, or 08 hellmouth's
40/15 max or 30max 08 gaze

with zombie's setup you only get 44%LifeLeech but with these gloves you get 50%

use 10x 10max/35 hp gc's
and 7x 3max/5 fhr sc's
3x 11% LightResist/20hp's
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2003-02-26, 08:52 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "PvP Pally- Setup/Strats..."
wtf? 10 max/35 hp? 3/20/20, taking up grand space = 12 max 60 life if im noy mistaken.. You can get 24 fhr on armor, and juse use an 8 fhr large charm, or 2x 5 fhr smalls.. sand save 7x spaces where u could get 7x20= 140 life, where as u could only get 100 on armor, see my logic apoq. works real nice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-02-26, 09:08 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "PvP Pally- Setup/Strats..."
10 k dmg charge, like 7-8 k dmg zeal i do...

Use:

08 40/15 ias gaze
160/60 armor
Kickasszorts gloves,crafted
havoced ss
ith zerker
highlords
ravenfrost
cgrip
goreriders
10 combat charms
3 290 spc's
1 177 spc
6 110 spc'swith some +life...

Dont even have fanat maxed and im only lvl 80
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2003-02-27, 06:14 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "PvP Pally- Setup/Strats..."
LOL, Slaynish, we are talking LEGIT here. Iths are gay and no one wants to duel people that use em.

And I think Apoq didn't mention the 3/20/20's because they are all duped out their ass and way too expensive.

So, this is what I've gathered. I should drop my armor and get a low defense 160/60 Max with 90+ life, use Travs instead of Gores, find a better 11 ll ring, get a perfect Gaze (09) and put a 40/15 IAS in it, and put a 40/15 Max in another SS. Good idea? Then I'll work on charms.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-02-27, 06:28 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "PvP Pally- Setup/Strats..."
No.

heres the setup most go with, but may not apply cause your fast ass weapon

Cham ss
40/15 .08 gaze(i prefer .09)
160/30/30 24fhr armor
20 ias 6 ll 10cb + life + cold res gloves
2x 11 ll rings ( 2x dwarf and raven in stash )
Gore riders (travs in your case, might even think about crafties)
Fury seraph is always good, nice ass speed, no need to worry about ias.
Highlords

full inv of 3/20/20 isnt hard to get, as i have seen atleast 3 pallys with full inv. Infact one of them gave me 3-4 3/20/20's lol. Might just take a while, but with 2 nights of meph u can get atleast 1, maybe more, so its an investment kinda thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-02-27, 06:44 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "PvP Pally- Setup/Strats..."
Well, Fury Seraph still takes 90% IAS with Fanat, so its not that fast... Fury Zerker is only like 65% or so, but I like the steady amount of damage Seraph does, rather than the fluctuation of Zerker.

I like the Cham SS, then I can get another 11 ll. Is there a cap on life leech, BTW? I'm trying to figure, with Fury, 6, gloves, 3 now but 6 later, 22 from rings, 8 from belt, and 8 from helm. That is 49 with 3 ll gloves and 52 with 6 ll gloves. If there is a cap at 50 for example, then I'd go with the 3 ll and focus on other stuff first, but if there is no cap, then that will be top priority.

40/15 IAS Gaze is agreed, but I'll use .09, I don't like .08's, too much controversay over whether they are legit or not, and personally, I don't think they should be considered legit.

LoL, I don't have 80 days to get a full inventory of 3/20/20's, nor do I think it's neccessary (2 nights to 1 3/20/20 ratio like you said is 80+ days.... ).

I will go with Travs, that is agreed, and the 24 FHR 160/60 Max too (You said 160/30/30, but I won't need the IAS). I will invest in a godly 8 FHR Large Charm, but that will be the only charm I invest godly in. The rest will be 20 Life, and if I can get second or third mods even for cheap, or I find them, good for me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied