Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post Watch out for this scam.
Posted 2002-10-26, 11:54 PM
Well this just happened to me. I think it's new, because I've never heard of it before.

Anyway, I'm in a channel and see a sorc spamming that his clan needs members and that if you join you can borrow occy rings and stuff off the clan account. I'm like, ok, this sounds like a scam or a deal. So I go to the channel and the sorc tells me to join a game, I'm like, ok. I join and see 2 assassins also there. anyway, the sorc gets us to gather in the corner of town, and tells one of the assassins to go outside town on the other side of the fence thing. So me, the sorc, and another assassin are standing in the corner of town, with the assassin outside town standing right by us on the other side of the fence. The sorc tells the assassin to drop her stuff and say her name so the sorc can take a screenshot of the assassins items, level, character name, and name. The assassin drops her shit and says her name, and the sorc tells her to pick her stuff up. I'm like, ok the assassin is probably a friend of the sorc, and is trying to fool me into believing this shit. So the sorc asks who wants to go next, and I suggest that the other assassin go next. So the assassin goes out, drops her shit, says her name, and picks her stuff up. I'm like, ok, I'll just go out and see if I can spot the scam. So I go outside, across the fence from the assassins and sorc, and notice that the assassins are both using burst of speed. "Knowing" that I had figured out the scam, I tell the sorc to make the assassins stand on the other side of town. They go on the other side of town, and I say, ok, the scams dead now, I'll give the sorc a laugh. Now, I know this is stupid, but I dropped my shit and said my name. Everyone hostiles me, and I instantly die. I'm like, fuck, there goes my shit. Oh well, anyway, it ends up that the assassins had placed traps in the spot they were standing before, and I would have caught this if I didn't "know" the whole scam was the burst of speed. I had been distracted by the burst of speed, and hadn't caught the traps idea. Anyway, I just hope this keeps other people from getting scammed. Please dont tell me I was stupid for dropping my items, I know I was. If anyone could spare me some equipment, I'd be greatful..I got jewed..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-10-27, 12:29 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
nice
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-10-27, 12:32 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
NOT nice..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-10-27, 06:33 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
lol, KA, what realm do you play on?
as Lord of the Undead I feel it is my duty to EAT YOUR BRAINS! or at the very least DRINK YOUR BLOOD!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mestivo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMestivo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mestivo

Posted 2002-10-27, 10:18 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
dude, now that i hear it... that sucks im real sorry man... but hey u know lol i dont think u need free now :-( u wont give me free lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2002-10-27, 10:33 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
i meant nice scam, not nice that u lost ur shit
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-10-27, 10:36 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
I play on east, and yeah, it is a nice scam. I can't believe nobody thought of it until now :-/.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-10-27, 10:43 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
hey ka what exactly did u lose

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2002-10-27, 11:07 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
tals armor shako occy lidless war trav tals ammy tals belt 2 perfect nagels and perfect chancies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-10-30, 06:46 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
LOL, I owuld NEVER drop all that shit, no matter what! I'd drop maybe one of those, and other shit things...

Anyway, that sucks to be you, I hope people give you free shit...

Titusfied
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-10-30, 09:57 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
WTF did drop you your stuff for ??? *sigh*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-10-30, 10:04 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
Quote:
Originally posted by !King_Amazon!
Anyway, I'm in a channel and see a sorc spamming that his clan needs members and that if you join you can borrow occy rings and stuff off the clan account. I'm like, ok, this sounds like a scam or a deal. So I go to the channel and the sorc tells me to join a game, I'm like, ok. I join and see 2 assassins also there. anyway, the sorc gets us to gather in the corner of town, and tells one of the assassins to go outside town on the other side of the fence thing. So me, the sorc, and another assassin are standing in the corner of town, with the assassin outside town standing right by us on the other side of the fence. The sorc tells the assassin to drop her stuff and say her name so the sorc can take a screenshot of the assassins items, level, character name, and name. The assassin drops her shit and says her name, and the sorc tells her to pick her stuff up. I'm like, ok the assassin is probably a friend of the sorc, and is trying to fool me into believing this shit. So the sorc asks who wants to go next, and I suggest that the other assassin go next. So the assassin goes out, drops her shit, says her name, and picks her stuff up. I'm like, ok, I'll just go out and see if I can spot the scam. So I go outside, across the fence from the assassins and sorc, and notice that the assassins are both using burst of speed. "Knowing" that I had figured out the scam, I tell the sorc to make the assassins stand on the other side of town. They go on the other side of town, and I say, ok, the scams dead now, I'll give the sorc a laugh. Now, I know this is stupid, but I dropped my shit and said my name. Everyone hostiles me, and I instantly die. I'm like, fuck, there goes my shit. Oh well, anyway, it ends up that the assassins had placed traps in the spot they were standing before, and I would have caught this if I didn't "know" the whole scam was the burst of speed. I had been distracted by the burst of speed, and hadn't caught the traps idea. Anyway, I just hope this keeps other people from getting scammed. Please dont tell me I was stupid for dropping my items, I know I was. If anyone could spare me some equipment, I'd be greatful..I got jewed..
I gave up on that before I even started to read it. I don't want to be rude, but please try to divide that much text into several paragraphs, so people like myself who can't speak/read English can still get a glimpse of its contents.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-10-30, 11:22 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
How could you not see the traps??????? Were they that far away??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2002-10-30, 02:27 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
why would you be so naieve to actually drop your stuff... thats just dumb.
Life is a waste of time.
Time is a waste of life.
So get wasted all the time and have the time of your life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Baker.Smash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBaker.Smash is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Baker.Smash

Posted 2002-10-30, 02:31 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
Quote:
Originally posted by !King_Amazon!
Please dont tell me I was stupid for dropping my items, I know I was.
He's tryin 2 help u...u dopnt have 2 disrespect him baker
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2002-10-30, 02:36 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
Quote:
Originally posted by Baker.Smash
why would you be so naieve to actually drop your stuff... thats just dumb.
I think he knew and he knows that.
No need to add more.

"It is not worth to stir up the knife in the wound" <---- This is an expression I translate myself :/

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-10-30, 04:51 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
Quote:
Originally posted by Doofus_AW
How could you not see the traps??????? Were they that far away??
It was those fire trap things that are almost invisible, and they were behind the fence anyway, so I couldn't see them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-10-31, 04:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
There was also this other scam that happened to me
(stupid me -_-;; ) where this guy who pose as my best friend from school and i actually beleived him and gave my pw -_- he actually said his name and surname which made me beleive and he called me by my nickname thats what got me to beleive him.

A lesson learnt even though how dopy i was to beleive.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2002-10-31, 03:05 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Watch out for this scam."
Never give your pass to anyone. Not even a friend. It's almost as stupid as dropping your items in a game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!