Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2008-09-06, 10:12 PM in reply to xSerenity Diedx's post starting "Im still waiting for a response."
The thread died about a month ago. Receive an answer, you shall not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-09-07, 02:39 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "The thread died about a month ago...."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
The thread died about a month ago. Receive an answer, you shall not.
Damn I was actually hoping for some meaningful convo.
Level 50 Human Berserker
3/7 Elite Set Currently have Rageplate Helm,Rageplate chest piece and staves

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
xSerenity Diedx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenxSerenity Diedx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

xSerenity Diedx

Posted 2008-09-07, 04:12 PM in reply to xSerenity Diedx's post starting "Damn I was actually hoping for some..."
I'm game.
I could ask you the same question. What would you believe if God hadn't been theorized?

For the sake of discussion, I will explain this in the easiest terms to relate to. The theory of evolution isn't some idea that someone came out with one day. It is a theory, which as almost everyone learned in science class, a theory is a belief that is backed up with a large amount of supporting evidence. Evolution has tons of evidence buried in the earth. From micro-organisms to early humans, there is proof that there was shit here before us. We can use different methods to simulate the passage of time and how long it would take for something to become 'fossilized'.

God, on the other hand, is used to describe things people don't understand, just so they don't have to understand. Plus he is, I believe, the youngest religion that is viewed as an actual religion. Any time something happens that can't be easily explained with someone's low level of knowledge, they chalk it up to evidence that god exists. Such is the case of the past.

The one main difference between the theory of god and evolution, evolution was bound to come up, because humanity feels the need to understand its origins. God was just one way of telling how we were originated because we didn't have a better understanding of our Earth.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-09-07, 04:41 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I'm game. I could ask you the same..."
i agree whole heartedly to your statements. i feel god was just something people used to make themselves feel better about something they knew nothing about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-07, 05:18 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "i agree whole heartedly to your..."
Draco2003 said:
I have realized over the years that evolution has as much a chance of happining as a grain of sand becoming as rare as gold.
There are so many flaws in the whole thing its not even funny.... first of all it is directly attached to the "Big Bang Theroy" which has even more flaws...
Now evolution is understood to take many thousands of years right... so if a lizard begain to grow wings the scales on its legs would grow out and get longer, but since scales are heavier than feathers woulden't that evolutionary critter get eaten(natural selection)? I mean the longer scales would cause problems making the lizard slower and an easier target for its predators...

The big bang theroy states that all the matter in the universe came to gether to a spot in the universe and came to gether to form a super dense and hot ball of mass alot smaller than the size of earth..... first of all the only thing that could possibly bring matter together like that is a black hole or a massive star... things just dont come together on their own.... now a black hole would destroy the matter and the star would just use the matter as fuel ... even if some how it did come together it would need alot of energy to fuse to gether.... the fusion would use up alot of energy and cause the matter to become a different element; it has been shown that any element fused like that would last only a few miliseconds and would break apart becoming individual atoms and elements (not explode)....
heres something you wanted sd
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-09-07, 05:45 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I'm game. I could ask you the same..."
Draco2003 said: [Goto]
I'm game.
I could ask you the same question. What would you believe if God hadn't been theorized?

For the sake of discussion, I will explain this in the easiest terms to relate to. The theory of evolution isn't some idea that someone came out with one day. It is a theory, which as almost everyone learned in science class, a theory is a belief that is backed up with a large amount of supporting evidence. Evolution has tons of evidence buried in the earth. From micro-organisms to early humans, there is proof that there was shit here before us. We can use different methods to simulate the passage of time and how long it would take for something to become 'fossilized'.

God, on the other hand, is used to describe things people don't understand, just so they don't have to understand. Plus he is, I believe, the youngest religion that is viewed as an actual religion. Any time something happens that can't be easily explained with someone's low level of knowledge, they chalk it up to evidence that god exists. Such is the case of the past.

The one main difference between the theory of god and evolution, evolution was bound to come up, because humanity feels the need to understand its origins. God was just one way of telling how we were originated because we didn't have a better understanding of our Earth.
I didnt state anything towards my beliefs but sense you did here goes.

On the subject of evolution I can never really come to terms with the human version of it

1.We never came from monkeys just a more premitive form of a human,so in theory we were never monkeys but always human (Ask me to elaborate or break it down if this is to much to handle)

You use the term God to generally but in my belief God is the father of jesus christ and 1/3 of a being A.K.A The father the son and the holy ghost

I might contradict myself somehow but here goes my God is an all knowing all powerful 1337 "cant touch this being"

I believe in the evolution theory because my God is not a complete dickhead and what alot of christians fail to understand is that there god is a beast. so it is very possible for God to create the first humans adam and eve through evolution sense his knowledge is endless.

What im trying to say is that people have to look at the bigger picture....I BELIEVE there is a god....a SMART God Smarter than any of your scientist so it is very possible for him to do this its just the dickhead religious group that thinks God made random shit pop out of nowhere. Making anyone like myself sound ignorant just because we believe in a god.(Omg I cant do this anymore Im having back to back brain farts post a reply to this and im sure i can get rid of my brain farts)
Level 50 Human Berserker

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
xSerenity Diedx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenxSerenity Diedx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

xSerenity Diedx

Posted 2008-09-07, 06:42 PM in reply to xSerenity Diedx's post starting "I didnt state anything towards my..."
show any proof your god exists. don't give me testimonials of those who have wittnessed his almight power. solid facts
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-07, 07:01 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "show any proof your god exists. don't..."
I dont have any proof I just go by faith but just in case there is something in the afterlife I chose a religion just to be safe I know its retarted but yea.
Level 50 Human Berserker

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

xSerenity Diedx

Posted 2008-09-07, 07:07 PM in reply to xSerenity Diedx's post starting "I dont have any proof I just go by..."
thats where i pull this out of my fck religeon sack. people believe in god because they are scared of what 'might' happen to them in the afterlife... christians are scared that if they dont believe they will be forcible condemned to the depths of hell where you will be forced to do manual labor in the blazing heat while being wipped with chains and you will forever suffer agony!

so you better beleive in god or you will go to hell, and you dont want that... do you, DO YOU
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-07, 08:54 PM in reply to xSerenity Diedx's post starting "I dont have any proof I just go by..."
xSerenity Diedx said: [Goto]
I dont have any proof I just go by faith but just in case there is something in the afterlife I chose a religion just to be safe I know its retarted but yea.
That's perfectly fine. What isn't fine is when you try to force your belief on someone else, when what they believe actually has a significant amount of evidence and logic behind it. That's my only problem with religious people, really, is that they can't keep it to themselves. I do have a problem with willfull ignorance, but that isn't limited to just religious people.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-08, 08:38 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That's perfectly fine. What isn't fine..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
That's perfectly fine. What isn't fine is when you try to force your belief on someone else, when what they believe actually has a significant amount of evidence and logic behind it. That's my only problem with religious people, really, is that they can't keep it to themselves. I do have a problem with willfull ignorance, but that isn't limited to just religious people.
Back when I was a Christian (lol), I went to this church that made it mandatory for church members to "Preach the word of God" to non-believers every week. Then next week the youth-pastor would be like, "So, how many people did you guys reach out to?"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-08, 12:45 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Back when I was a Christian (lol), I..."
I don't even really particularly mind people OFFERING what they believe. Like mormon missionaries. They ask if they can tell you about their teachings and such. That's fine with me. What ISN'T fine with me (besides how they always show up at like 7:00 AM on Saturday) is when I say "No thanks" and they're overly persistant about it. I've had the same missionaries come multiple times. I've had them offer to help us bring groceries in just so they can get inside. At that point, they're crossing the line. No should mean "no," and I shouldn't have to say it more than once a month or so.

I also don't particularly like it when a religious person claims that I am WRONG. They have no right to say that I am wrong. They can say that they believe that I'm wrong, or that they believe that they are right, but when they start claiming some sort of knowledge that they do not have, I can't help but get annoyed. I don't claim to KNOW that Evolution is true, I claim to believe it, because there is no way I can ever KNOW that it is true, just like they can't ever KNOW that their religion is true. What I believe has more evidence than what they believe, which is just more of a reason why they shouldn't claim that they are right and I'm wrong.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-08, 02:32 PM in reply to hovind's post "Eviloution is fiction. God created us..."
This is Mj.

No I'm not coming back. This thread was brought to my attention, though, and I intend to reply to it. That is all. Yes I made a second account. OH NOES HE BROKED TEH ROOLZ! Ban me.

Hovind, I agree with you wholeheartedly. The theory of evolution has been shown to be wrong so many times through independently supported research. There are so many viable alternatives. But everyone already knows about these. I have another theory I'd like to present here that has just as many viable alternatives, but not many people question. My research should startle all of you, though.

There is a theory known as childhood which purports that all people came from babies. This is a heathenistic, scientific, despicable, insidious theory. How can any rational being actually believe that we people came from babies? It's obtuse!

There is no reasonable transitional path from child to adult. If there were, we'd expect to see transitional forms all over the place, such as a newborn with the head of a fully grown man. Of course, none of us have ever seen such a beast. Just show me one newborn girl sprouting a full bosom and I'll believe your theory of childhood. But, of course, you can't. Because such a creature does not exist. There isn't a single transitional form on this planet because the so-called scientific theory of childhood is an unscientific, atheistic lie.

I have been investigating this scientific theory of childhood for the past few months, and my results should send reverberations so strong through the scientific community that every major textbook should be recalled for revision. I have proved that while there may be minor variations in qualities such as height, weight, and neurological development, anything that began as a baby at the beginning of my study was inexorably still a baby at the end of my study. This is an incontrovertible truth which can not be denied. Children and adults are two separate kinds of species, and we can not account for enough change to make one from the other.

To claim that we came from children is morally degrading and demeaning. We all know how children behave. If we came from babies we would throw tantrums every time we couldn't suckle from our mother's bosoms, needed to pas gas, or wanted to sleep. We would lie, cheat, and steal to get what we needed. We would have no moral compass to follow. Without any moral compass, society as we know it would be impossible. Childhood is a wicked prevarication put forth by charlatans to justify evils!

There is no consensus in the scientific community about the theory of childhood. We should teach the controversy. Out children would be well-off knowing that the prospect of them one day metamorphosizing into adults is just a theory. Many families do not subscribe to the theory of childhood and their children should not be forced to learn such an evil theory in public school!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tempacct is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentempacct is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tempacct

Posted 2008-09-08, 03:50 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't even really particularly mind..."
I dont really force my beliefs on people but if you say some dumb shit like "omg I hatelife everyone is so fake I mutilate myself for relief im spoiled as fuck yet I still have the shittyest life ever."Then ill tell that person that they need jesus or they should really seek out some type of doctor.
Level 50 Human Berserker

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

xSerenity Diedx

Posted 2008-09-08, 04:03 PM in reply to xSerenity Diedx's post starting "I dont really force my beliefs on..."
lol all insane people need jesus... they lack the self control it takes to understand that hey, we dont know how we got here - science points towards evolution. If an insane patient had the self control it took to understand the science behind it then you could start preaching evolution... but because they dont you need to explain it to them in a way that anyone could understand. "god put us here, god made this, god made that, god god god..." does it make sence now?!

A teacher asked me, "Do you believe if something contradicts itself it can't be true?" (like a light can't be on and off) to which i replied, "yes" he then asked me a series of questions.

"Do you believe in god"
"Do you believe he can make anything he wants"
"Do you believe that he can lift anything he wants"

"Do you believe that he can make a mountain so big he can't lift it?"

If you said yes to all the questions then you believe in something in which contradicts itself to the fullest. And on the first question if you said yes it can't be true, perhaps you might rethink your position.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-09, 03:28 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "lol all insane people need jesus......"
Ok were talking about supernatural beings and then humans who cant do shit, your teacher failed hard.(Mountain so big he can lift? Lawl?)
Level 50 Human Berserker

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

xSerenity Diedx

Posted 2008-09-09, 05:35 PM in reply to xSerenity Diedx's post starting "Ok were talking about supernatural..."
its a contradictory sentence... if i had stated that he can make a mountain so big he can lift it then it doesnt work. If you have agree'd that constradiction is false, and to the other three criteria, then i feel you were just caught with your foot in your mouth and are attempting to downsize the source of your defeat.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-09-09 at 05:39 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-10, 07:02 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "its a contradictory sentence... if i..."
Yo guy warhammer sucks
Level 50 Human Berserker

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

xSerenity Diedx