Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Mayan Calendar
Posted 2007-10-19, 04:51 PM
What do you guys think of this?

For those of you who don't know what it is:

A calendar they created in the 6th century that has been accurate everyday so far since they've created it (aka, they said today would be Friday, October 19th, 2007) but for some reason, it randomly stops on December 23, 2012. (Some websites say December 21st for some reason?)

Anyway, some predict this is the date of the Apocalypse, others say its just then end of a lunar cycle, while others think nothing of it.

What are your people's opinions?

PS. I find it funny that it ends on December 23rd -_^ The number 23 IS RULING MY LIFE!!

oh the odd 'coincidences' of life...

2012... 2 + 0 = 2
2012... 1 + 2 = 3

12/23/12
(I'm sure with the two sets of 12s, 23 can be made!)

Initials - BC
Letter B = 2
Letter c = 3

I'M GOING TO DIE
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-10-19, 05:26 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Mayan Calendar"
Whenever someone brings this up, it reminds me of Hostile Waters:Anteaus Rising, because that's how the game begins.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-10-19, 07:49 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Whenever someone brings this up, it..."
Every time someone brings this up, I feel like something stupid this way comes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-10-19, 08:55 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Every time someone brings this up, I..."
I dunno much about it, but unless they specifically say that the world ends there or they draw comets hitting the earth or something, I'll just assume that whoever was making the calendar just stopped. Really, why go any farther? We're talking about people who were in the 6th century. They probably just got bored.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-19, 11:27 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I dunno much about it, but unless they..."
It's been a while since I looked into it, but IIRC, the issue is that they Mayan calander has no method to represent dates beyond that point.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-10-19, 11:28 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "It's been a while since I looked into..."
So, it's like a limit of math or something?

Well that wouldn't imply the end of the earth, that would imply the end of the universe, and I don't think the universe is showing any signs of ending by 2012.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-19, 11:33 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "So, it's like a limit of math or..."
Maybe God's got it on a timer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2007-10-19, 11:35 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Maybe God's got it on a timer."
DING FRIES ARE DONE

lolcaps
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!