Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

RPGMaker Content for the Zelaron Portal
Posted 2008-11-29, 09:41 AM
As mentioned in the Zelaron Portal thread, I have created a custom gallery hack for the portal that displays images that have been added to specific social groups.

The main purpose behind this gallery hack is to allow us to add RPGMaker resources (such as charsets, tilesets and portraits) to the portal, which will attract many RPGMaker users to Zelaron.

You can look at one of the sample gallery pages here: http://zelaron.com/rm2kcharsets.html

Now, I have not used RPGMaker in a long time, and will require your help to make this happen. Two separate tasks must be accomplished:

1: Relevant social groups must be created.

Currently, we are required to create one social group for every type of RPGMaker resource to be shown. Thus, we will need social groups entitled "RPGMaker 2000 Charsets", "RPGMaker 2000 Tilesets", "RPGMaker VX Charsets" and so on.

Once vBulletin social groups will support image prefixes, we will be able to merge the relevant social groups into "Charsets", "Tilesets", "Portraits" et cetera, and specify the RPGMaker version as an image prefix. This will allow us to cut the number of required social groups from something in the order of twenty to five or six.

For now, we are stuck with having to create quite a few different social groups to make this happen, so the question is:

Which different social groups (and thus, galleries) do we need?

2: Images and resources will have to be added to the different galleries.

Once the relevant social groups have been created, RPGMaker content for the Zelaron portal must be added to them. As this content will appear on the portal, it is imperative that not everyone and their uncle will be able to add new images, or the galleries will most certainly end up displaying a large number of... Well, you can probably figure that one out.

Thus, we require trustworthy Zelaron members to manage the contents of the RPGMaker galleries. If you want to become a RPGMaker Content Manager and help us make the portal useful and awesome, then simply state so in this thread. Aside from the inherent glory of such a position, you will also be able to upload images larger than 600x600 pixels for your own user galleries.

Let's do this!
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-12-05, 09:12 AM in reply to Chruser's post "RPGMaker Content for the Zelaron Portal"
Bump! Can anyone at least answer my first question?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-12-05, 10:45 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Bump! Can anyone at least answer my..."
If I had any idea what RPGMaker was I'd help. Maybe somebody should contact BlueCube?

Kinda disheartening when you put a lot of effort into something and nobody responds, huh?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-05, 11:13 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "If I had any idea what RPGMaker was I'd..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
If I had any idea what RPGMaker was I'd help. Maybe somebody should contact BlueCube?

Kinda disheartening when you put a lot of effort into something and nobody responds, huh?
What he said. I know we had a couple of guys around here that used to post in the RPG2k forum all the time, I don't know where they have disappeared to.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-12-05, 01:37 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "What he said. I know we had a couple of..."
Where's Wed-G?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-12-05, 04:32 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Where's Wed-G?"
-Spector- said: [Goto]
Where's Wed-G?
I am here. Sorry, 40+ hours a week keeps me from being here everyday, all day. Lol.

If I understand the question correctly, The social groups needed for the various sources should be, I assume, at least the basics:

R2k/3 Char
R2k/3 Tile/Chipset
R2k/3 Faceset
R2k/3 System
R2k/3 Title

Until we get the prefixs, this should be it (minus VX, no idea about it.) The different versions share like resources.

Unless I completely misunderstood the question.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-12-05, 05:03 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I am here. Sorry, 40+ hours a week..."
All of them except VX? Otherwise, I was going to create something like:

RPGMaker 2000 Charsets
RPGMaker 2000 Chipsets
RPGMaker 2000 Facesets
RPGMaker 2000 System
RPGMaker 2000 Title
RPGMaker 2003 Charsets
RPGMaker 2003 Chipsets
RPGMaker 2003 Facesets
RPGMaker 2003 System
RPGMaker 2003 Title
RPGMaker 95 Charsets
RPGMaker 95 Chipsets
RPGMaker 95 Facesets
RPGMaker 95 System
RPGMaker 95 Title
[...]

Et cetera for RPGMaker 2000, RPGMaker 2003, RPGMaker XP, RPGMaker VX and perhaps RPGMaker 95.

If they share resources like you said, I guess it would be more suitable to just create the following galleries / social groups:

RPGMaker Charsets
RPGMaker Chipsets
RPGMaker Facesets
RPGMaker System
RPGMaker Title

Or did I misunderstand you?

---

On another note, I added a download page for different RPGMaker versions, so all you need to do to download one is to log into Zelaron:

http://zelaron.com/rpgmaker.html

GLG will probably be unhappy about it, but we can probably exchange links, use each other as mirrors or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-12-05, 06:31 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "All of them except VX? Otherwise, I was..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
On another note, I added a download page for different RPGMaker versions, so all you need to do to download one is to log into Zelaron:

http://zelaron.com/rpgmaker.html

GLG will probably be unhappy about it, but we can probably exchange links, use each other as mirrors or something.
I'm not unhappy. I don't know if you care to have illegal links on your site, but I'm not angry. As soon as I get my new domain pointed at my new server, I'll be right on it. I dropped the other domain and server and will be uploading a few programs that are not on your list. That will raise the number of people that come to Zelaron, specifically "Sim RPG Maker" is helping out. I have over 200-downloads just for Sim RPG Maker alone.

So if the page requires login, then I'll have to upload and copy it to two locations. I'll give you the information in a PM as soon as I get everything running again. It will be up either late today, or early tomorrow.

Q: Is the RPG Maker XP download the trial or the Postality Knights Edition?

What I'll give you.
RPG Maker 95 (1 of 2) - Win 9x
RPG Maker 95 XP (2 of 2) - This allows you to use the program on WinXP and Vista. However, you must have also downloaded the original file. I figure, why not just pact it together with a README.
Sim RPG Maker 95 - Tactics RPG Maker, very hard to find.

About the Pictures.
The best way to go about doing this is to just create a hack for vB that will allow you to have prefixes and upload pictures. Then make a page that sorts sections and blah, blah, blah, by prefix. I'd do it if I knew vB well enough.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-12-06 at 05:56 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-12-05, 06:49 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I'm not unhappy. I don't know if you..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
The best way to go about doing this is to just create a hack for vB that will allow you to have prefixes and upload pictures. Then make a page that sorts sections and blah, blah, blah, by prefix. I'd do it if I knew vB well enough.

I was about to create such a hack, but realized it will probably be in conflict with upcoming, official updates from Jelsoft. I'll probably attempt it anyway, assuming they don't release anything soon enough.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-12-06, 02:43 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "All of them except VX? Otherwise, I was..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
Or did I misunderstand you?
Misunderstanding achieved. Though I wasn't too clear. I meant RM2K and RM2K3 have the same resources, but 2K3 has a few extra. Those being Battle2, BattleCharSet, BattleWeapon, Frame and System2, if I haven't left any out.

95, XP and VX have their own resources I do believe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G