Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

This doesn't look too good :\
Posted 2002-04-12, 01:48 PM
We're about 10 mb from our "maximum" monthly bandwidth now, which might mean a "The user has used his monthly bandwidth" might pop up in a while.

In other words, I will have to bribe my host for more bandwidth, unless you people can come up with a better idea
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-12, 01:58 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
Ban the spammers.

Simple problem, simple solution
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-12, 02:05 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
Quote:
Originally posted by WetWired
Ban the spammers.

--WetWired
absoluty

and start to put some adds and banners
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-04-12, 02:19 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
That's not the big bandwidth problem, spamming just makes the database bigger. It looks more like someone is downloading lots of files.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-12, 02:24 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
from gameportal you mean?
of course they download if you put
hacks etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-04-12, 03:30 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
Quote:
spamming just makes the database bigger.
But you see, when people are spamming, then each spammer downloads the page content than the normal user.

I have to agree with Mr. Lee about GamePortal
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-04-12, 03:54 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
Gameportal is just linking to other sites. It can't be it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-12, 05:26 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
O yea, Im hosting a war:III beta on My acc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-04-12, 05:55 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
20 mb War3? Did they release a new version of winzip or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-12, 06:00 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
hehe
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-04-12, 06:27 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
That was a poor attempt at a joke..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-04-12, 06:30 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
well... seriously... what's causing the problem then? i basically stopped spamming when absolut stopped
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-04-13, 04:25 AM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
cruher will this site go temporaly down soon? for the next x time?
when you have used the 10 mb?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-04-13, 08:49 AM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
Nope, the meter turned off
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tacoX

Posted 2002-04-14, 03:46 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
NOOOOOOO, the site cant go down!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-04-15, 10:08 AM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
Nothing from gameportal is hosted on the Zelaron server except for phpnuke itself.. everything else is mirrored or linked to somewhere else.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-15, 11:46 AM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
The counter has been locked for over two days now. I guess something is wrong, since it just skyrocketed and stopped.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-04-20, 07:18 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
yeah i agree, i would help if i was smart but i'm not, but plz figure out somethin cuz i'm new and just figurin this stuff out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
CrEEpR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCrEEpR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

CrEEpR

Posted 2002-04-20, 07:53 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
it doesn't have anything to do with "spam" or the # of posts here people could be leaching your pics..etc....
Quote:
Originally posted by mightychicken
you can't kill spam, you can only delay its rage.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Absolut is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAbsolut is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Absolut

Posted 2002-04-20, 08:05 PM in reply to Chruser's post "This doesn't look too good :\"
Quote:
Originally posted by WetWired
Ban the spammers.

--WetWired
oh my God. So stupid...can't breathe...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken