Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Unhappy You'll never believe this...

Posted 2002-04-15, 01:11 AM
You wouldn't believe what happened to me last week...

There I was, sitting on the back patio of my apartment, sippin' on a sweet tea and watching these two young pretty teens playing tennis. I was really admiring their, uh, muscle tone, and the grace with which they hit the ball over the net, squealing with joy when they got a point. Oh, to be a young teenager again... I was thinking of inviting them over for tea, and -- but I digress...

Anyway, like I was saying, I was sitting and enjoying the peaceful afternoon, when all of a sudden inside the apartment I hear a CRASH!!! I rushed inside to see what had happened, and wouldn't you know it, the dog somehow managed to knock over the computer desk. He was a beautiful dog, a jet-black labrador retriever, but very frisky, and full of mischief. I got him at the pound last month, and we have been fast friends ever since. He really loves to play with the frisbee -- but I digress...

So, there I stand, in total shock, my monitor screen cracked, my tower case smoking, CD cases scattered everywhere... and the damn dog was chewing on my Unreal Tournament CD. He must have thought it was a frisbee. I chuckled. Oh, well, no loss there. I had tried playing UT a couple of times, but man was it a lousy game. It was so lame! Oh, sure, the graphics are outstanding, and the menu system made setting up a server a breeze. And yes, the mutators are a cool addition, and the weapons were very balanced... but I digress...

Suddenly, I spotted it. My LoD CD! It was sitting in the middle of the destruction, a spotlight from above shining down and illuminating the CD case, causing a splendor of flashing, sparkling colors to shine forth. The sounds of angels singing and harps playing filled the air, as I bent down to pick up the glorious disk.

Then I noticed it.

A bottle of ink had crashed onto the floor, spilling everywhere. A corner of the case was sitting in the ink, but I thought "well, as long as the CD is ok..." I opened up the case with trembling fingers, and carefully removed the precious disk from its holder. I slowly turned over the disk to view the playing surface...

... and breathed a deep sigh of relief! No ink! Whew! Dodged a bullet there! Smiling and happy, I replaced the disk in its case, and shut it. As I turned to place the disk on a shelf, that's when I noticed it -- the ink had completely blotted out my CD key! I couldn't believe it! Now when I rebuilt my computer and reinstalled Diablo, I wouldn't be able to play online!!! Oh, the horror!

What was I going to do???

I broke down, and started bawling my eyes out. Oh, my dog tried to cheer me up by renewing his attack on the UT disk, but it was just no use. I was devastated. Worst of all, I had just gotten fired, and only had $8.34 to my name, and I planned on getting an Extra Value meal at McDonald's. My favorite is the Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese, with a Coke. They really have the best fries too, in my opinion -- but I digress.

So, it is on bended knee that I ask you this. I am at my wit's end, and I just don't know what to do any more. If you wonderful people at Zelaron can't help me, I might just have to end it all. Yep, that's right... no more computer for me. I know! How horrible would that be???? So my question to you is...

Does anyone have a CD-key I can use?

Thanks a bunch in advance!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raak is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaak is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raak

Posted 2002-04-15, 01:16 AM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
Uh... ....

This is the longest thread i have ever read...
Sorry pal but i dont think that anyone give away his/hers cd...YET
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-04-15, 01:45 AM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
it was worth a shot
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raak is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaak is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raak

Posted 2002-04-15, 04:37 AM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
is your D2 always installed on your HD ?
If you didn't un-install it and still can have access to it (your comp was smoking, isn't it ?), then you should be able to recover it.
Just use this prog to get the actual CD_Key you are using.

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-05-09, 07:09 PM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
Coudnt you have just said ink spilt on my cd-key and i need a new one? That would have saved abou 200 words and reduced your chances of getting carpal tunnel syndrome.
8)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2002-05-10, 07:04 AM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
rofl and reduced the suspision that ... taht was only a pretext to get a cd-key
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-05-10, 07:28 AM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
liar liar pants on fire!
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-05-10, 07:33 AM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
Quote:
Originally posted by Strider Fury
liar liar pants on fire!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-05-10, 07:35 AM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Lee
d*mn stright:]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-05-10, 07:37 AM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
right... that's stupid man... just don't flame others here k?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2002-05-10, 07:40 AM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
sir yes sir!
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Strider Fury

Posted 2002-05-10, 07:41 AM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
better keep to that man
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2002-05-10, 07:41 AM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
why?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-05-10, 07:47 AM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
This is NOT the chat forum.

This is why I don't think we should have a forum dedicated to spam--it spills over into the other forums eventually
--WetWired
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2002-05-31, 06:51 PM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
ROLF. that story was great. but my question is..if u can build a new computer (that costs money) u couldnt find o say 25$ out of that computer money..and did u try mouth to mouth on the smoking computer..?? lol..i really enjoyed that story..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Urbanxxxassualt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUrbanxxxassualt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Urbanxxxassualt

Posted 2002-06-01, 04:08 AM in reply to Raak's post "You'll never believe this..."
WetWired is right, this is not the spam forum here...
Anyway, question is answered.

SPAM + ANSWERED QUESTION = CLOSED

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1