Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

The Ultimate Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thread
Posted 2012-03-22, 07:59 PM
Skyrim was great, but I accidentally the Mages College.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-22, 08:17 PM in reply to Skurai's post "The Ultimate Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim..."
That's ok. I once accidentally all of whiterun. And I don't mean the city. I mean the hold. I swear, I was just trying to get 100 pick pocketing.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-22, 09:13 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "That's ok. I once accidentally all of..."
Well, for me it was Whiterun, but before I had permission to get in the College.
There was a dragon. I used Fus-Ro-Dah, and... well... A guard got in the way.
Kinda B.S., really.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-22, 11:37 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well, for me it was Whiterun, but..."
Most of the times I've killed a guard I manage to get all the witnesses or just pay it off (I'm in the thieve's guild). My annoying story was when I got fined for punching a kid that was beating up another kid. They didn't fine the kids!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-23, 12:46 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Most of the times I've killed a guard I..."
Meh. You can't expect games to think everything through, sadly.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-23, 02:19 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Meh. You can't expect games to think..."
I just glitched Oghma Infinium and got 100 on all my Skills and jumped from level 21 to level 80.

Seems kind of boring now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-03-23, 06:47 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "I just glitched Oghma Infinium and got..."
How did you manage that? I'm level 52 and have run out of things to do so some glitch like that could be fun to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-23, 07:40 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "How did you manage that? I'm level 52..."
1. Get Oghma Infinium, but don't read it.

2. Buy a house, then buy the alchemy set for the house

3. Click Activate Bookshelf, Go down to Books, Oghma Infinium, Read. Don't Exit out of the menu, click Store on the book to store it in the bookshelf. Exit the Bookshelf menu.

4. Repeat step 4.

5. ?????

6. Profit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-03-23, 08:22 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "I just glitched Oghma Infinium and got..."
I just mastered the ways of the assassin and of enchanting. I'm only level 45, but everything is a breeze, now.
I can slip by entire dungeons unnoticed (unless I have a follower).
I can kill bosses with a single attack.
Even if I do get found out, my armor is awesome and I can deal with them at my leisure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-23, 09:07 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I just mastered the ways of the..."
I'm level 100 Sneak, added a point to silence, and yet people can still detect me if I'm walking around normally. I thought it would make it so running/walking is undetectable :/.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2012-03-23, 09:25 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "I'm level 100 Sneak, added a point to..."
I have 100 sneak and a few points into the perks. I also have the Nightengale armor which makes it harder to detect me. I slip past most things if I try to. That or I wear my super enchanted Dragonscale armor. Each sword is doing 132 damage. Everything is at my leisure.

Also, the game I'm playing currently is Escape Velocity Nova. I'm so happy they made the last one for windows too. I would cry if I couldn't play this game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-23, 09:54 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I have 100 sneak and a few points into..."
Yeah, kills are pretty simple now and I'm only playing to finish the story. Can't till 5/15.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2012-03-24, 12:12 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "I'm level 100 Sneak, added a point to..."
The silence perk only effects movement sound. If they see you, you're still in trouble. Also, you have to be sneaking to not be seen; otherwise, you're not actively disguising your movement. Even when you're sneaking, there's run and walk modes; this is what the perk refers to.

Here's my equipment:

Glass Helmet (Flawless). 60 AC. +40 Lockpicking. +25 Illusion
Necklace. 0 AC. +40 Sneak. +40 One Handed
Glass Armor (Flawless). 136 AC. +25 Light Armor. +62 Magic Regen
Glass Gauntlets (Flawless). 48 AC. +40 Sneak. +40 One Handed
Ring. 0 AC. +40 Sneak. +40 One Handed
Glass Boots (Flawless). 48 AC. +40 Sneak. +1? Muffle

Glass Shield (Flawless). 56 AC. +20 Magic Resist. +37 Shock Resist.
Dragonbane (Legendary). 120 Dmg.

Ebony Dagger (Flawless). 41 Dmg.

Including the sign of The Lord and natural resists, I have 398 AC (above the armor cap) and 70% magic resist
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-24, 01:35 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The silence perk only effects movement..."
At some point I'll go in and find exactly what everything is. But all my gear is enchanted to boost one handed damage except my helm which is archery and my body which gives +12 to light armor skill. Pretty much everything else has 21% to one handed damage and I'm not gonna upgrade it till I have 100 enchanting and the first perk all the way up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-24, 04:08 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "At some point I'll go in and find..."
Grab a shitload of Fortify Smithing potions and make 600 Damage swords and 1500+ Armor like I did xP
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2012-03-25, 09:59 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "Grab a shitload of Fortify Smithing..."
Well there's a AC cap so a 1500 ac armor won't do any better than a lower one. Just your numbers look bigger. Damage wise? I don't need it. I can sneak up on a dragon priest and one hit him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Skyrim
Posted 2012-03-25, 02:42 PM in reply to Skurai's post "The Ultimate Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim..."
Lets move all Skyrim related discussion here.

Continuing what I was saying:
Skryim Wiki said:
Physical damage reduction is capped at 80%. If you are wearing all four pieces of armor, this occurs at 567 displayed armor rating.
Therefore, having a plate armor with 1500 AR is pointless. The article does go on to say that there is a possibility of reducing damage to 0 with 100 block and a shield.

Thank you for the full move and the rename. Much better name IMO

Last edited by Asamin; 2012-03-25 at 06:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-25, 09:13 PM in reply to Asamin's post "Skyrim"
Hmm. I could swear it was under 400 AC. Regardless, I'm terribly OP as it is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-25, 10:10 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Hmm. I could swear it was under 400 AC...."
Pretty much once you get your weapon's skill above level 80 and your armor up there, you're a god.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-26, 10:42 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Pretty much once you get your weapon's..."
I just made a Breton which I'm going to take the way of the mage, he's level 7 or so now and not having much trouble. I can't say that playing him is as easy as my thief character that had 50 skill points in archery nearly from the start of the game and maxed pickpocketing and sneak almost without trying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!