Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Dub vs. Sub
Posted 2009-10-27, 03:54 PM
An argument that will outlast debates of the existence of God...except this argument is even more pointless.

Do you prefer to watch anime in their original language or in your native tongue? I assum emost people here originally speak English bu tI'm not sure so I'm just saying any dub.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2009-10-27, 04:00 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Dub vs. Sub"
If I had to choose, I would say dubbed. Why would I want to read a TV show? ..that's what books are for.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-27, 04:24 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Dub vs. Sub"
For the most part, subs>dubs. I've been told there are some exceptions but I don't watch enough anime to know them.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2009-10-27 at 10:20 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-10-27, 07:31 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Dub vs. Sub"
Depends, really.
I'm a Dub guy, for the most part, but Gurren Lagann was better in Japanese, and I'm sure Jojo's Bizzare adventure was too... because Jojo was horrible dubbing.

To me, it all depends. Throw in Johnny Yong and Yuri Lowenthal and it's offically a "good dub".
Skurai

Last edited by Skurai; 2009-10-28 at 06:17 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-27, 10:07 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Dub vs. Sub"
Subs. The only exception is Cowboy Bebop.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-10-28, 08:40 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Subs. The only exception is Cowboy..."
Subs. You get used to reading it after awhile. Dubs are sometimes horribly done and get annoying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-10-28, 08:55 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Subs. You get used to reading it after..."
I only say dubbed because the only anime i've ever watched I guess would be considered Dragon Ball/DBZ. I really liked the show, and it was dubbed. There is my bias.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-28, 09:11 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Dub vs. Sub"
I prefer subs, but I usually end up watching dubs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-10-28, 06:44 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I prefer subs, but I usually end up..."
I also hated Azumanag's dub...
They had a good idea with Osaka's voice, but they should've definately picked a different person for it...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-29, 12:41 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Dub vs. Sub"
I don't care for much anime, but subs all the way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-10-31, 09:19 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Subs. The only exception is Cowboy..."
Grav said: [Goto]
Subs. The only exception is Cowboy Bebop.
QFT.

I'm generally subs all the way. They ruined Bleach with dubbing. Seriously, Raiden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2009-11-01, 04:48 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "QFT. I'm generally subs all the way...."
Omg, Renji's voice makes me barf!!
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-11-07, 11:52 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Omg, Renji's voice makes me barf!! :eek:"
Subs win. Especially for Studio Ghibli.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-11-07, 05:26 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "Subs win. Especially for Studio Ghibli."
Speaking of bad dubs, it's Mdselctr. Hi!
You reminded me to watch Evagelion in subs. The dub was so badly done! D:
I think I got to episode... 4 or 5? Whatever. The point is, I really wanna finish it.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-11-07, 05:46 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Speaking of bad dubs, it's Mdselctr...."
Skurai said: [Goto]
Speaking of bad dubs, it's Mdselctr. Hi!
You reminded me to watch Evagelion in subs. The dub was so badly done! D:
I think I got to episode... 4 or 5? Whatever. The point is, I really wanna finish it.
Hello, Skurai. The story gets deep at around
episode 13. What's really neat is how there's
a serious story underneath the non-seriousness.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-11-07, 09:36 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "Hello, Skurai. The story gets deep at..."
I never really saw much as non-serious of what I saw. I mean, other than the penguin... but... well, otherwise, I always connected well with Shinji. Sorta. He reminds me of myself before I met the priestess, really. And, still a little. Then again, I haven't seen much, like I said.

A personal favorate anime of mine is Ergo Proxy. Not sure if you'd like it, but I thought it was interesting.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-11-09, 06:14 PM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "Dub vs. Sub"
I generally prefer subs. I've heard the dubs for Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, and I thought they were awful. The dubs for Outlaw Star, however, were alright, and it's currently the only anime I could bear to watch with dubs.

In terms of films, I've seen most of the [Miyazaki] Studio Ghibli films in both English and Japanese, and I think the Japanese ones are better, though the English voice-acting is of a good quality (mainly because a lot of them are big-name actors).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-11-09, 07:17 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I never really saw much as non-serious..."
A personal favorate anime is Ergo Proxy.
Just saw the first few episodes. Have to say,
it's really cool so far. It portrays a future
world many people could come to accept as real
(if the same events in this world took place,
maybe it's not too far from the truth). And
why is it that women in anime are always mean
as hell?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-11-09, 07:22 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "Just saw the first few episodes. Have..."
I like them that way. Then again, I like feeling like I'm bossed around. Not all women in anime are mean.
Gurren Lagann's women all seemed pretty nice.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-11-09, 07:28 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I like them that way. Then again, I..."
I like them that way. Then again, I like feeling like I'm bossed around

You're gonna make some guy very happy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav